Tom Brady on Aaron Rodgers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s so impressive when you watch a team that can string together that many victories going all the way back to last season. It really tells you what the character and the make-up of the players on that team are. So them getting off to the start that they’ve gotten off to is very impressive. And the way Aaron’s playing, it’s impossible to play the quarterback position any better than he is playing it right now.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...peyton-manning-the-nfl-misses-guys-like-that/

Reaction score
Give that quote to Skip Bayless and see what he says! Remember, to him Brady is MVP this season. How can you say a player is playing the best football in the NFL when that player admits someone else is?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He never said that. He said it's impossible to play any better than he's playing, not that he's the best...

Is he saying, Rodgers is playing better than all quarterbacks right now??

And if that is true, he has to mean he is playing better then himself..

So of all that is true, Rodgers is better then Tom

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well in terms of total accomplishments over his career, Brady is the best QB in the nfl. Rodgers might put together the greatest single season for a QB, but he'll have to put together 5 great regular season games and 3 great playoffs wins to do it.

Brady's alright. Yeah, he's got it all but he gives credit where credit is due. One interesting thing about this is what Rodgers said he learned from Brady. Brady told him that he always works ******* the things he feels he's weakest at doing, and Rodgers also said that he learned from Brady how to look off defenders and freeze them.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well in terms of total accomplishments over his career, Brady is the best QB in the nfl. Rodgers might put together the greatest single season for a QB, but he'll have to put together 5 great regular season games and 3 great playoffs wins to do it.

Being the best QB in the NFL and having the most accomplishments are two different things. Brett Favre was more accomplished than Aaron Rodgers last year but Rodgers was the better QB.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip Bayless' job is to get people riled up. He purposely takes positions that make people mad.

Its one guys opinion. People I guess feel that bc he works at ESPN it actually means something. Men lie, women lie, numbers dont, so any argument against Rodgers is over.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he saying, Rodgers is playing better than all quarterbacks right now??

And if that is true, he has to mean he is playing better then himself..

So of all that is true, Rodgers is better then Tom
No, you cannot conclude that.

Yes, he is saying that Rodgers is playing better than him. No, he's not saying he IS better than him. Big difference.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip Bayless' job is to get people riled up. He purposely takes positions that make people mad.
I don't know if he takes positions to get people mad. But I'm 100% sure he takes positions that will generate audience. Like it or not, that's how ESPN evaluates it's "analysts", who can't generate audience ends up getting the pink slip.

So, remember, Bayless is who he is because the majority of the audience watches his shows. He is a reflection of the society. Want to change him? Change the society.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you cannot conclude that.

Yes, he is saying that Rodgers is playing better than him. No, he's not saying he IS better than him. Big difference.

I can see Tom saying not for entire career, thats a given..But it very well could be said that for this season Rodgers is playing better than Tom, and to me, that means he feels Rodg is better than him right now..

But we wont know exactly what Tom means unless he comes out and says it..

So we will have to just agree that we disagree

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is outplaying Brady this year, there is no doubt in my mind. He's outplaying everyone. It's rather nice hearing compliments like that from another great QB about our QB. Take it for what you will, it's an acknowledgment of greatness.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Lots of people have been giving Rodgers and the Pack props this year. Glad the team is finally getting credit for everything they have accomplished recently.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Brady is a class act, watching him on Inside the NFL last night, I cannot call him a selfish me me me player. I've always had respect for the guy, and now I have it at an all time high.

Other than his skills and class, what Brady did after winning the Super Bowl by marrying a super model, that should be any man's dream if they could play football, win it all, and I know that's the first thing I'd do after getting a ring lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brady is a class act, watching him on Inside the NFL last night, I cannot call him a selfish me me me player. I've always had respect for the guy, and now I have it at an all time high.

Yuppers...I never had an issue with him either..

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yuppers...I never had an issue with him either..

Me either. I'll admit I like to see the Patriots lose- but that's just because they've had so much success, not because I had anything personal against the team or Brady at all. It's just more of the "rooting for the underdog" mentality. Of course I never have that mentality when the Pack is favored, lol!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hell, I love watching the Patriots lose...not so much the Pats as Bellichek....still I think that it says as much about Brady as it does Rodgers. The guy doesn't feel as though he's lessening his accomplishments any by complimenting the play of another guy who happens to be having a hell of a year. Brady is and always has been ok in my book.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, I love watching the Patriots lose...not so much the Pats as Bellichek....still I think that it says as much about Brady as it does Rodgers. The guy doesn't feel as though he's lessening his accomplishments any by complimenting the play of another guy who happens to be having a hell of a year. Brady is and always has been ok in my book.

Exactly. He's not threatened by Rodgers, not because he's arrogant, but because he's confident. That gets a thumbs up from me.

Oh, and that said, I'll still probably root for the Pats to lose every time! :laugh:

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I don't know if he takes positions to get people mad. But I'm 100% sure he takes positions that will generate audience. Like it or not, that's how ESPN evaluates it's "analysts", who can't generate audience ends up getting the pink slip.

So, remember, Bayless is who he is because the majority of the audience watches his shows. He is a reflection of the society. Want to change him? Change the society.

You said it better - generate audience. More often than not though, he takes the controversial position.

Members online

Latest posts