Tom Brady on Aaron Rodgers

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Its one guys opinion. People I guess feel that bc he works at ESPN it actually means something. Men lie, women lie, numbers dont, so any argument against Rodgers is over.

You have to evaluate ESPN personalities/analysts on a case-by-case basis. ESPN does have some very good NFL analysts like Jaws and Merrill Hoge. They also have some guys who are just awful like Tim Hasselbeck and Marcellus Wiley.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The NFL has never seen anyone who can throw the ball the way this kid throws the ball,’’ former Jets quarterback and current CBS analyst Boomer Esiason said.

“When you look at the production from the position, when it’s all said and done this is going to go down as one of greatest seasons ever by a quarterback,’’ Esiason said. “He has the quick release of Dan Marino, the accuracy of Joe Montana, the athleticism of John Elway and the toughness of Phil Simms or Jim Kelly.

“Aaron is doing things I haven’t seen before,” Starr said. “I’ve never seen such a complete talent. Every situation, every opportunity, every occasion during a game, this man is right on top of it, maximizing his capacity to excel at that time. I’ve never seen anyone like him.’’

Dan Fouts, the former Chargers quarterback who’s now an NFL commentator on CBS, has more
knowledge about Rodgers than most because he used to do Pac 10 games on TV when Rodgers was at Cal and called a number of his games. He knows what Simms means when he talks about that edge Rodgers possesses.

“Going back to when he was coming out of high school he was overlooked by major colleges,’’ Fouts
said. “He was only discovered by Cal because Cal was looking at a receiver at his junior college and
Rodgers had a couple good days when Cal was recruiting the receiver.
“I don’t know if it’s a chip on his shoulder, but he has always known he was good. Maybe it took last
year’s Super Bowl and what he’s doing this year to for the whole world to see he’s that good.’’
Asked to compare Rodgers and himself in his playing days, Starr , a Hall of Famer, laughed.
“There is no comparison,’’ he said. “I didn’t have one-tenth of his talent. I was blessed with some
great people all around me, that’s what made me successful. He’s incredible. Have you ever seen anybody like him?”

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people have a problem with Tom Brady. He gave Rodgers his dues and he seemed very sincere. While Rodgers is having an amazing year; To me Tom Brady is still the overall better QB over Rodgers and Manning.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is outplaying Brady this year, there is no doubt in my mind. He's outplaying everyone. It's rather nice hearing compliments like that from another great QB about our QB. Take it for what you will, it's an acknowledgment of greatness.

Drew Brees is outplaying Tom Brady at this point as well. Tom is taking a back seat to number 3 this year. To his credit he has his team in it even with a terrible defense. He’s throwing a good amount of interceptions for what he normally does, but he’s still putting up impressive numbers.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to evaluate ESPN personalities/analysts on a case-by-case basis. ESPN does have some very good NFL analysts like Jaws and Merrill Hoge. They also have some guys who are just awful like Tim Hasselbeck and Marcellus Wiley.
You forgot erin andrews. Not sure what she is talking about but she sure looks good.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its great to see someone like Brady, one of the best QB of the last decade talk like that about Rodgers.
BTW I think the main reason people dont like the Patriots is because of Bill Belicheat, Brady seems like a nice guy to me.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, Tom Brady took the words right out of Favre's mouth....oh wait, nevermind...Brady didnt give Rodgers a back-handed semi-compliment while talking about "how long" it took Rodgers to get there.
Do I have more respect for Brady than Number 4? I wish Farve was still on the Vikings so we could beat him again.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't put Rodgers ahead of Brady yet. Rodgers is definately better this season, but Brady has been consistently excellent for many years now. If Rodgers continues to play this way for the next couple of seasons, i'll be ready to "crown his ***" ;)

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a case of: Game recognizing Game! :tup:

Bravo Tom, for be confident enough in your talent to give praise to your fellow QB.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistically, I think Aaron would need a lot more dome games to break those 3 records he's "chasing."

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees is outplaying Tom Brady at this point as well. Tom is taking a back seat to number 3 this year. To his credit he has his team in it even with a terrible defense. He’s throwing a good amount of interceptions for what he normally does, but he’s still putting up impressive numbers.

That's because he's still an incredibly good QB. Even on a year when he is not his best, he's still one of best in the league. I have a lot of respect for the guy.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
My Dream is to see ARoge and Brady go at it in XLVI. The king and the Hier apparent. What could be better. Arodge is definatly the MVP this year but there is no doubt that Brady has been the best of the last 10 years. If we give ARoge the same kind of line Brady has for the next 10 years he will be the next King and first round HOF.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see where you can say right now Brady is better than Rodgers. I would love to see some numbers to back up your argument.

Rodgers is having a great season this year. There is no questioning that. But to look at the career of Tom Brady, Rodgers has a long way to go before he even catches up to him. What impresses me about Brady is the casts that he is given. He makes stars out of WR's - some of these guys are no-names at first but somehow Brady makes them shine. I'm not going to sit here and list all his accomplishments and compare them to Rodgers but you must be blind not to realized that Brady over all in his career is better. I don't get blinded just because Rodgers it he GB's QB at all. I don't think he's the best ever... is the best QB right now? Yes. Is he way ahead of his comptetion? NO! Brady and Brees...particularly Brees are also having good seasons!! Brees more likely will break Marino's record this year over Brady and Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts