To the people that really wanted Marshawn Lynch few years back

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
With his recent media circus charades. What do you say now about him.

Im glad we dident get him as he turned out to be a total clown.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine without him....unprofessional unless he truly does have the anxiety he claims.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't care about him refusing to talk to the media. He's a heck of a football player and he could for sure have helped the Packers would they have traded for him back in 2010. I'm glad we have Eddie Lacy though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't a huge fan of bringing him in back then, and his antics since have only confirmed it was a great non-move. We drafted a player with similar skills who also seems to be a great person. Lynch seems intent on fighting the NFL, the media, and his team every step of the way. He certainly helps on the field but I'd rather not be opening the paper to read about the latest immature thing he did as a Green Bay Packer.

It's just like in life, money isn't the most important thing....and neither is winning when you can't do it with class.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a heck of a lot easier cheering for Eddie Lacy. Stand up guy vs selfish clown? Easy choice

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a heck of a lot easier cheering for Eddie Lacy. Stand up guy vs selfish clown? Easy choice

In all fairness it was never a Eddie or Lynch decision....that said though it is so true that it is incredibly easy to cheer for a guy like Lacy, very humble natured BEAST!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all fairness it was never a Eddie or Lynch decision....that said though it is so true that it is incredibly easy to cheer for a guy like Lacy, very humble natured BEAST!
I know, I don't care how we came into our current position, i'm just happy to have what we have over what we could have had.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you don't think having him back then might have changed the season's outcomes? If not, I think you're...well, wrong. If so, would you take someone who isn't Packer People but helps them win? Didn't the guy before Rodgers have a couple of circus issues?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why is he a clown for making fun of stupid NFL rules that mandate players talk to media who are only going to ask ridiculous questions? Now, I don't think Lynch would be the player in Green Bay that he became in Seattle since the cities and coaches are different (neither is better so don't jump down my throat). However, this "media circus charade" is actually humorous and points to the hypocrisy of the NFL. You want to wear non-approved colored cleats? NFL says you can't play! You want to step on the best QB in the NFL's injured leg? Go right ahead! You don't want to talk to the media? That'll be $15,000.

The best one? You grab your crotch while jumping into the endzone? That's a $20,000 fine but the NFL WILL SELL THE PICTURE TO FANS FOR $150!

Also, this is nothing recent for Lynch, he's done stuff like this for years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said that, I said I"m glad we're in the position we are in now, rather than what we could have had back then. Didn't we win a super bowl without him anyway?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a stupid rule, if I was a journalist I wouldn't want to spend any time trying to talk to someone that didn't want to talk to me. But I don't have a problem with the league making players be somewhat accessible to fans thru the media. I don't think reporters belong on sidelines or in locker rooms, but that's another subject.

This is neither of those situations, go to your press conference. Chose your words carefully, or at least be semi respectful,"I'm sorry guys, I'm just real comfortable giving interviews. I have a prepared statement" read it and exit. Or be a clown.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had really wanted the Packers to sign him when he was available. Now I feel his personality isn't the best fit for us. He's an adult who acts like a juvenile. I get what he's trying to do in exposing and shaming the NFL, but how many of us would be able to get away with that kind of behavior as professionals? For his gig and the pay that goes along with it, he shouldn't have any problem meeting the "demands" of the job.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you don't think having him back then might have changed the season's outcomes? If not, I think you're...well, wrong.
Really, you're arguing that the Packers might have done better had we gotten Lynch in 2010....the year we won the Super Bowl?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, the thing comes down to this.
Today, Lynch is considered one of the best, if not the best, backs in the league.
Back then, Lynch was widely considered to be a guy who would be out of the league soon.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think Lynch is a jerk, while Lacy appears to be just the opposite.

I also think Lynch has been the best running back in the NFL since 2010 when GB could have acquired.

Bill Belichek also thinks he is the best running back in the NFL.

All of what I stated above is a matter of opinion.

What is not opinion but rather fact is that Lynch is the best offensive player on a team that is making its second Super Bowl appearance in the past 2 years while the Pack (and Eddie Lacy) are in week 2 of the offseason.

Sometimes the bad guys win.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, you're arguing that the Packers might have done better had we gotten Lynch in 2010....the year we won the Super Bowl?

Not much to say about 2010. I'm arguing they would have been better off after that - maybe not wasting the 15-1 season or the one after that. Then, instead of drafting Lacy high, they'd already have their RB and could have looked for maybe an ILB or something.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with Marshawn Lynch, but I am glad he's not on our team. He seems hard to please, but it is fun that he has Seattle on their tip toes around him and his contract.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
I'm glad he's not on our team, I'll stick with EL but Lynch is a marketing genius. With his clothing line and his endorsments, he has put himself in the limelight for this superbowl. Yesterday on all of the sports talk programs were they talking about deflated footballs, our Packers collapse, the fact that Brady could win his forth ring? No they were talking about Marshawn Lynch. I heard that the sales of his Beast hat sold out after yesterday. I think the guys doing all of this to increase his bank account.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a stupid rule, if I was a journalist I wouldn't want to spend any time trying to talk to someone that didn't want to talk to me. But I don't have a problem with the league making players be somewhat accessible to fans thru the media. I don't think reporters belong on sidelines or in locker rooms, but that's another subject.

This is neither of those situations, go to your press conference. Chose your words carefully, or at least be semi respectful,"I'm sorry guys, I'm just real comfortable giving interviews. I have a prepared statement" read it and exit. Or be a clown.

Problem is that he's not allowed to exit until he's been up the required amount of time. The media already knows he's uncomfortable and has anxiety issues. The media choses to ask him questions knowing how he's going to respond and then they can write articles about his response. It works for both sides.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think a guy that plates his cleats in gold has trouble or an aversion to attention. Call me crazy

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. He's the most gregarious, crotch-grabbing, attention seeker that I've ever seen with anxiety issues.

I'm guessing you must be like seven then because I seem to remember a guy named Terrel Owens that could run circles around Lynch when it came to attention seeking.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts