To the people that really wanted Marshawn Lynch few years back

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how big of a clown/distraction/knucklehead etc. he is, if you're telling me now that I could have traded AJ Hawk for Lynch back then I'm doing it 100 times out of 100, and would have done it then without knowing what was in future. This shouldn't even be a discussion.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how big of a clown/distraction/knucklehead etc. he is, if you're telling me now that I could have traded AJ Hawk for Lynch back then I'm doing it 100 times out of 100, and would have done it then without knowing what was in future. This shouldn't even be a discussion.

Heck, I would have been happy to trade Hawk for a couple of deflated footballs just to avoid his albatross of a contract.

But the real question is would you have given up the 3rd round pick that it would have taken to get Lynch in 2010 when that pick was used to select Alex Green?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely I would have taken Lynch a few years ago for what it took.

With that said, he's a ****. Like some of the posters above said, okay, if you have anxiety when it comes to the media and don't like attention, I can understand that happens to some people. But when you're sitting there with your gold plated cleats, your Beast Mode hat, and your "I'm going to answer every question the same to prove a point," you're going to get attention.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's on an entirely different level from anyone we have currently. His vision is light years ahead of Lacey's and his running style is much, much quicker with just as much power. Our rushing attack would be far better with him on our roster because he's just better.

As for his "charades" I really don't care about them. I despise the journalist profession. Too many intrusive scumbags hellbent on snagging the next big story rather than actually doing good journalism. It's all at the expense of others' privacy and integrity and I really don't care for it. What happens in a football locker room should stay between only those involved with the franchise, that's it. I don't need to know what words Aaron and MM shared, that's their business, not mine. That's just because I have a deep respect for the game of football above the league. So, for Lynch to dish it back to the media? I'm all for it, whether it's part of an agenda or if that's just who he is, it really doesn't bother me at all. I especially love it when a female reporter asks stupid freakin' questions at halftime to a head coach, and just gets shot down... so, so satisfying.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do wish he'd learn how to properly pronounce the word, "ask."

"Ya'll can acks me any question you want, I'm gone answer da same way."

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's on an entirely different level from anyone we have currently. His vision is light years ahead of Lacey's and his running style is much, much quicker with just as much power. Our rushing attack would be far better with him on our roster because he's just better.

As for his "charades" I really don't care about them. I despise the journalist profession. Too many intrusive scumbags hellbent on snagging the next big story rather than actually doing good journalism. It's all at the expense of others' privacy and integrity and I really don't care for it. What happens in a football locker room should stay between only those involved with the franchise, that's it. I don't need to know what words Aaron and MM shared, that's their business, not mine. That's just because I have a deep respect for the game of football above the league. So, for Lynch to dish it back to the media? I'm all for it, whether it's part of an agenda or if that's just who he is, it really doesn't bother me at all. I especially love it when a female reporter asks stupid freakin' questions at halftime to a head coach, and just gets shot down... so, so satisfying.

A guy who grabs his crotch after a touchdown doesn't really appear to be looking for privacy or anonymity.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A guy who grabs his crotch after a touchdown doesn't really appear to be looking for privacy or anonymity.

Why did you quote me and respond with that? Did I say he was? All I referenced is why I despise the media, I never specified it was for how they treat Lynch, I only spoke in vague terms.

I mentioned that I really didn't care for how he treats the media, because of my disliking for them...

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did you quote me and respond with that? Did I say he was? All I referenced is why I despise the media, I never specified it was for how they treat Lynch, I only spoke in vague terms.

I mentioned that I really didn't care for how he treats the media, because of my disliking for them...

I'm not arguing with any of your points.. I'm merely critiquing Lynch's over-the-top obsession with hating the media because, well, he brings it on himself.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J
Spot on ace. That was the deal Lynch for Hawk. The trade should have been made.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the doctors office this morning and ML was on TV doing his ridiculous media day stuff and I got another wave of sadness just thinking that it should be Eddie Lacy up there and not him. This loss keeps resurfacing and I just want the SB to get over with so we can move on to the draft. I hope it ends in a tie and both teams get nothing...

G P G!

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny I was at dentists getting a new crown and while laying back waiting for the cement to dry I looked up to see Lynch running by a hapless Hawk for a TD.

The dental work was far less painful.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Problem is that he's not allowed to exit until he's been up the required amount of time. The media already knows he's uncomfortable and has anxiety issues. The media choses to ask him questions knowing how he's going to respond and then they can write articles about his response. It works for both sides.
If hes uncomfortable and has anxiety issues why does he make comercials and go on Letterman and other talk shows. No this guys smart and he's doing this to make everyone talk about Marshawn Lynch, the sports talk shows are still going on and on about it! This guy is about making money for himself.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the classic rebel without a cause. That being said, I would never have a problem with him on my team. If you are great on the field, I don't give a good GD if you want to play bad boy with the media or the NFL. Just be prepared to pay the price. If not, don't play that game.

His issue will be after he is done, the media may remember how he treated them and he may not have a job in the media afterwards. If he manages his money well that shouldn't be an issue... until HOF voting. But I would have no issue with him being our RB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Even if I told you that not trading for him guarantees a super bowl? But trading for him doesn't guarantee anything?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was very vocal opposition within the org about lynch. He at the time wasn't the player he is today so that was taken more into consideration.

Even if it was today, this organization doesn't really cater to the type of attention seeking he is known for.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Even if I told you that not trading for him guarantees a super bowl? But trading for him doesn't guarantee anything?

What does one have to do with the other? Was AJ Hawk so intregal to that SB run that we wouldn't have won it without him? I'm not trying to argue I'm just trying to get a sense why you would ask that.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If hes uncomfortable and has anxiety issues why does he make comercials and go on Letterman and other talk shows. No this guys smart and he's doing this to make everyone talk about Marshawn Lynch, the sports talk shows are still going on and on about it! This guy is about making money for himself.

And it's wrong to make money for yourself because....

I would have an issue if he was hurting the team but his teammates love him and actually have fun with the media about Lynch acts.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does one have to do with the other? Was AJ Hawk so intregal to that SB run that we wouldn't have won it without him? I'm not trying to argue I'm just trying to get a sense why you would ask that.
You change a variable in the equation and you don't get the same result.

You can't guarantee we win with lynch, because it didn't happen as you can guarantee we did with hawk.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You change a variable in the equation and you don't get the same result.

You can't guarantee we win with lynch, because it didn't happen as you can guarantee we did with hawk.

Well if Grandma had a d!## she'd be Grandpa, I mean couldn't you make this case with anything? If you're asking me if I'd straight up do that deal.. absolutely especially with what I know now. You can't guarantee we don't win one with Lynch either so that's why I don't understand the point of it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if Grandma had a d!## she'd be Grandpa, I mean couldn't you make this case with anything? If you're asking me if I'd straight up do that deal.. absolutely especially with what I know now. You can't guarantee we don't win one with Lynch either so that's why I don't understand the point of it.

you would risk the guaranteed championship to trade for a player that you don't know will result in the same thing if you don't trade? Wow.

Lots of people think it's just about assembling a pro bowl named roster, but it's so much more than that. I'm anti hawk before being so was in vogue around here (shout out to GnG angel for once calling me a racist for it), but that doesn't mean he hasn't contributed as a quality locker room presence. Lynch has been at best controversial in his role as just recently it was reported he was on his way out of Seattle for his antics.

Plus such rumored trade was not a straight up trade.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all just so laughable, if this guy was on the Packers and produced for the Packers exactly what he has produced for The Seahawks, not one of you would have a single bad thing to say about him. Period, don't even try to deny it. Stop being butt hurt over the loss with Lynch making our defense look like the chumps that they are in the last few minutes of the game and thinking the Packers players are superior to every other player on the planet. They are not now, they never have been, nor will they ever be. The Packers have had numerous players of questionable "moral" character on their teams over the years. Get over your fake moral outrage already.

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is funny as hell. If Lynch was a packer NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in greenbay will say a bad thing about him. It would be the other way around. Kind of like how Seattle adores and loves him.

PULEASE.. Stop LYING to yourself.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This is funny as hell. If Lynch was a packer NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in greenbay will say a bad thing about him. It would be the other way around. Kind of like how Seattle adores and loves him.

PULEASE.. Stop LYING to yourself.

A Clown is a clown.

Staff online

Latest posts