Time to play ARMCHAIR GM!

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Well it is that time of year again, two weeks sooner than we wanted but nothing to do about it,

2015 free agents, the Packers have around 25.4 m in cap space.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Keep: Cobb, Tolizen, Raji, Guion, Lattermore, Bulaga, Kuhn if he doesn't retire.
Cut: Flynn, Boykin.

Of course the biggest ? is, is Peppers coming back, he differently should and TT would be a fool to let him go if he doesn't retire.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order of importance:

Cobb
Bulaga
Guion
Williams
House
Kuhn

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why keep Raji? He's been injured all year and this was his "prove it or go" year as he's never sniffed anything close to his play in '09-'10 since.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn and Boykin should be gone. Raji… gone unless he takes a favorable payday. Need to keep Cobb, Bulaga, Williams, and House. Guion… I like what he did this year, but I'm not sure what he's worth.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They absolutely need to sign Cobb and Bulaga. Of the remaining names listed I would sign Tolzien, both Raji and Guion if it could get done, Kuhn, Williams, and Banjo.

Boykin's future is elsewhere, he is no longer needed with the emergence of Davante Adams and also Abbrederis coming back from injury. Let Harris walk too, I think I only saw him carry the ball like 3 times. I am not a big fan of Matt Flynn but it might be wise to carry 3 QBs on the roster. Lattimore is awful, let him walk. Richardson and Barclay are not great either.

As long as they sign Cobb and Bulaga I am good.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm letting capers go. He's had long enough to improve the defense and hasn't . Playing good in spurts doesn't cut it for me as they looked horrible the last 5 minutes of the game. Not injury riddled so no excuses. Bye.

Resign Cobb
Resign Bulaga
Resign Raji
Resign Kuhn
Resign Flynn
Resign House
ResignBanjo

Everyone else is gone including Hawk and Brad Jones. Absolutely no need to keep either one now. Get younger and more athletic in those two spots.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Well it is that time of year again, two weeks sooner than we wanted but nothing to do about it,

2015 free agents, the Packers have around 25.4 m in cap space.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Keep: Cobb, Tolizen, Raji, Guion, Lattermore, Bulaga, Kuhn if he doesn't retire.
Cut: Flynn, Boykin.

Of course the biggest ? is, is Peppers coming back, he differently should and TT would be a fool to let him go if he doesn't retire.
House and Bush can go also

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If hes cheap then I dont see why not.
Maybe if you'd give more than a 10 word explanation I'd understand. Getting a rephrased: 'if the price is right' wasn't why I rephrased my question. It was to get a different and more detailed answer (that's generally why people rephrase things, because your initial answer was not sufficient) as to why his play warrants him staying on the team. First and foremost that should be considered when debating whether to resign someone or not.

If he's cheap is entirely irrelevant and besides the point, atm.

Last edited:

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is that we can save $6,000,000 by cutting Hawk and B. Jones. That is a double bonus, create some cap space and send their sorry butts packing.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sign Cobb and Bulaga. I am sick of seeing Tramon get beat in big moments. Sign Peppers and get a big name tight end, like Julius Thomas. The middle was the Seahawks weakness and it wasn't exploited enough.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers absolutely have to re-sign Cobb and Bulaga. In addition I would like them to bring back Tolzien, Barclay, Guion and one of Williams and House. I´m fine with bringing some of the other guys back for minimum deals.

IMO Hawk, Jones and Bostick should be cut.

sign Cobb and Bulaga. I am sick of seeing Tramon get beat in big moments. Sign Peppers and get a big name tight end, like Julius Thomas. The middle was the Seahawks weakness and it wasn't exploited enough.

Peppers is still under contract for another two years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what the price is for Tramon, but we could do a lot, lot worse than Tramon Williams. I think Cobb and Bulaga are obviously priorities. Tolzien never was able to unseat Flynn as the number 2 this year. Was that because as the season went on, they valued experience over all else? or is he just not able to "get it". From watching him, he throws one of the nicest footballs i've seen from a back up quarterback, he has more arm strength than Flynn. Maybe they think after another offseason he'll be ready, I don't know which way they go with that one.

I don't think Bostick is back, he was supposed to be the starter this year and could never find his way back on the field. That says something to me. Unless he makes a giant jump this offseason, I'm not sure he's back. I think one of Jones or Hawk will be back in some capacity. I'm not saying they don't need to be upgraded, because they do, but i'm not sure who we're replacing them both with. We have some young guys injured, but I don't remember anything about them that stands out at ILB. We can stack the deck in the draft, but it's still a bit of luck to get the right guy for ILB to start. Free agents? Not sure what is out there.

Raji, he can sign for the minimum 1 year and prove it. Anything more and i think it's time to move on. I think his motivation is helping himself anyway and haven't seen anything from him worth even putting on the field in 2+years at least. Guion is a bigger priority, though he's not a guy you break the bank on by any means. Punting competition is needed, Masthay sucked it all year.

I'd like House to be back and Kuhn. We do use a FB as a FB relatively often and we don't have another on the team.

The rest? i'd have to think more and right now I don't feel like it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts