Time to cut the cheese at tight end

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to cut the cheese and find a tight end on someone's roster to come in. I know he doesn't like to give up draft picks, but the current situation can't continue into the season.

Bubba appears to be in it for the long haul, so if he comes in this season is a question.

Any team that has to rely on David(Hurt Again)Martin or Ben (Hands Of)Steele is in bad, bad straits. If there's a #3 tight end somewhere who would come at a reasonable price, at least there's an assurance there would be ONE NFL caliber tight end out there on opening day. If/when Bubba returns, you then have two guys. I would put the #3 to the winner of the Steele/Martin contest along with McHugh.

The position is too vital to the West Coast Offense to fart around anymore.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys see that Holmgren got his hands on Joe Jurevicius - I think he was from Tampa Bay, correct? Didn't he play TE at Tampa? He's 6'5" at 230lbs... that's big enough to play TE, right? Mute point, but we'd need someone who could come in at least at that weight factor.... Seahawks write BIO doesn't say so.. Course, I thought he was.. go figure....

As far as McHugh - the comparison factor was that Sean was very much like Bubba in the size and tactical depatment.. whereas Steele was more like Mark Chmura... at least, that was the thinking on types... Personally, as far as Steele is concerned, I think it's just a confidence problem... He's been watching the film..

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Bubba will be out much longer. If he signs in time for the 4th preseason game he'll be good enough to play in the first game. I have no doubt he'll sign by then. He doesn't want to sit out the season, I can bet you that.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Did you guys see that Holmgren got his hands on Joe Jurevicius - I think he was from Tampa Bay, correct? Didn't he play TE at Tampa? He's 6'5" at 230lbs... that's big enough to play TE, right? Mute point, but we'd need someone who could come in at least at that weight factor.... Seahawks write BIO doesn't say so.. Course, I thought he was.. go figure....

As far as McHugh - the comparison factor was that Sean was very much like Bubba in the size and tactical depatment.. whereas Steele was more like Mark Chmura... at least, that was the thinking on types... Personally, as far as Steele is concerned, I think it's just a confidence problem... He's been watching the film..

JJ is a WR. Played at Penn State, The NYG, Tampa Bay, and somewhere else last year I believe.
Hammer

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Another TE thread, wonderfulz.

Joe was a WR like the above poster has stated. A decent one too if I remember right.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure they are in touch with other teams about possibilities and are watching the waiver wire very closely. But in the end I will be surprised if Bubba is not here.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

He was pretty good. Not only that he is a class act.

Members online

Latest posts