This team has some major problems

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think everyone is missing the real problems... the depth of this team... we are losing guys left and right and doing nothing about it. I dont think we should be worried about this he said she said stuff.

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did some more checking around. oime things I said were already in the print media. Jenkins upset with contract, Rodgers displeasure with some offensive packages, unhappy lockeroom after packer win and Hawk saying he wouldn't mind being traded. I asked someone what's up with the receivers. No written stories on displeasure of Driver and Jennings. It is reporters speculation. Receiver was asked if he was happy with his number of catches. Reply- No coment. Facial expressions - look of disgust-rolling of the eyes. It can be taken 2 different ways. Either he's upset about lack of receptions or he thought boy that was a stupid question.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I did some more checking around. oime things I said were already in the print media. Jenkins upset with contract, Rodgers displeasure with some offensive packages, unhappy lockeroom after packer win and Hawk saying he wouldn't mind being traded. I asked someone what's up with the receivers. No written stories on displeasure of Driver and Jennings. It is reporters speculation. Receiver was asked if he was happy with his number of catches. Reply- No coment. Facial expressions - look of disgust-rolling of the eyes. It can be taken 2 different ways. Either he's upset about lack of receptions or he thought boy that was a stupid question.

We already knew about Hawk and Jenkins

Rodgers wants the best player son the field so he can audible

Next time you discover its a reporters speculation please say that...You got the board put in a frenzy cuz of it

My advice is when you know it isnt in the paper, say yours sources speculation or something

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, if its a paper or a radio show we should be tuned to to get all of this scoopy information, please share. or they dont exist. it should be easy to name them off because its not like theyre inside the organization.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there werent many passes for anyone to get against the lions. we had 40 plays. thats hardly any at all. for ****s sake this is getting way overblown. we have the most balanced distribution of targets in the league among the top 3. no one can ***** and moan and i dont think anyone is. the only confirmed complaints were from rodgers and jenkins. anything else said in any interviews we all would have heard about as part of that news story. theres no reason to include rodgers' and jenkins' comments but ignore the others.

i find it hard to believe that any of the 4 classiest, most professional guys on the team, jenkins, rodgers, driver, and jennings, would put personal accomplishments ahead of the team. they understand that if they get said accomplishments its because of the team around them and theyre doing it for them too. they wouldnt allow things like this to affect their play. period. thats the end of discussion. it doesnt make sense that they would alter their playing because all of their gripes have to do with not doing better. and as long as we as fans know they are doing their best out there, we have no reason to meddle in their personal feelings theyre free to feel however they want and shouldnt face criticism.

sneaky troll is ******* sneaky

chucknorris101, good point. Jennings "no comment" very well may have been directed at the fact that he only had 2 touches because we only had 40 plays; it may have had nothing at all to do with him only getting 2 touches while someone else got more. It's just logical... if we would have had 60 or 70 offensive snaps, Jennings (and everyone else) would surely have had more balls thrown their way. It's entirely too easy to read more into these players' comments than what is actually there... especially if one reads them while looking for negatives.

And yes, that is a very sneaky troll. Best move to be made would be to stop feeding it altogether. If it got ZERO replies to its posts, it would surely go away and bother some other forum.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone else as pissed off as I am?

I absolutely hated the fact yesterday that we missed out on an opportunity to better our team by acquiring Marshawn Lynch, and for as little as a 4th rounder and another conditional, that was nothing. I realize they could have been asking more from us, but it couldnt have been that much more.

After this, you see mine (and most of our) least favorite teams in the league doing anything and everything they can to get better. As badly as I hate the queens, I absolutely hate the fact they got Moss back. Moss is still quietly one of the top 5 WR on anyones list (I still believe he is the 2nd best after Andre Johnson). Moss just doesnt get the hype he used to anymore, but he's still scary fast and now with the Vikings having Peterson, Moss, Harvin, Shiancoe (Sydney Rice when he gets back) that is a scary offense to face no matter who the QB is.

My point is that while our team is suffering more injuries and not doing a thing to try and upgrade our weak points, or rivals are doing everything they possibly can to put together their missing pieces to make a run. Its hard to be a Packer fan today.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Even if some radio guy on a call in show, though I checked ESPN radio and there was nothing about this, speculates this it's still a mountain out of a molehill. Somebody is just trying to drum up listeners or readers. The media thrives on sensationalism. This team is not in major trouble personality wise. Even Philbin said the team is filled with quality character guys. It's not their style to be selfish.

I suspect it's a part of the anti-TT, anti-MM crowd trying to diminish the team's accomplishments. Or it's the closet Vikings supporters who are upset the Packers are 3-1 and are trying to transfer their problems onto the Packers. That's only my speculation though.....

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already knew about Hawk and Jenkins

Rodgers wants the best player son the field so he can audible

Next time you discover its a reporters speculation please say that...You got the board put in a frenzy cuz of it

My advice is when you know it isnt in the paper, say yours sources speculation or something

So the world's not going to end after all??? Dammit! I canceled my subscription to Sports Illustrated for nothing! :crazy:

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if some radio guy on a call in show, though I checked ESPN radio and there was nothing about this, speculates this it's still a mountain out of a molehill. Somebody is just trying to drum up listeners or readers. The media thrives on sensationalism. This team is not in major trouble personality wise. Even Philbin said the team is filled with quality character guys. It's not their style to be selfish.

I suspect it's a part of the anti-TT, anti-MM crowd trying to diminish the team's accomplishments. Or it's the closet Vikings supporters who are upset the Packers are 3-1 and are trying to transfer their problems onto the Packers. That's only my speculation though.....

Let me ask you something. Lets say a reporter is in the locker room and sees the team holding hands and singing kumbaya. His observation is that the team is very close and the locker room has great harmony. Would you have a problem if someone posted that even though there isn't anything in print, just only a reporters speculation from what he observed. If your answer is yes then you shouldn't have a problem if a reporter has a negative opinion on what he observed in the locker room. It goes both ways. If you want news sometimes you got to take the good with the bad.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me ask you something. Lets say a reporter is in the locker room and sees the team holding hands and singing kumbaya. His observation is that the team is very close and the locker room has great harmony. Would you have a problem if someone posted that even though there isn't anything in print, just only a reporters speculation from what he observed. If your answer is yes then you shouldn't have a problem if a reporter has a negative opinion on what he observed in the locker room. It goes both ways. If you want news sometimes you got to take the good with the bad.

I think if you said it was a reporters speculation then no one would give ya crap

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I don't put a lot of stock in reporter "speculation" no matter where it goes. I don't put a lot of stock in people posting "I heard" such and so without giving a primary source. If you heard it on a call in radio, I'd like to hear it too, since most call in radio shows keep back logs of previous shows on the internet. What station was it and what time was it? Who was the reporter?

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't put a lot of stock in reporter "speculation" no matter where it goes. I don't put a lot of stock in people posting "I heard" such and so without giving a primary source. If you heard it on a call in radio, I'd like to hear it too, since most call in radio shows keep back logs of previous shows on the internet. What station was it and what time was it? Who was the reporter?

Lets just drop it. It's not worth my time to keep going back and forth on this subject. You have your opininion and I have mine. In the future I'll just keep these tidbits of info under wrap.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lets just drop it. It's not worth my time to keep going back and forth on this subject. You have your opininion and I have mine. In the future I'll just keep these tidbits of info under wrap.

Unless you give us something credible, you do that.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Problem is you never provided a source. You need to always provide a link to support your claims.

Burk1994

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about them spreading the ball around, trust me donald driver and greg jennings just want a superbowl. And if they do trade for someone like Williams, that will take some pressue away from the passing game.

Members online

Latest posts