This team has some major problems

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Your information on Jennings isn't verifiable either. Driver has this to say about Jennings;

This is from the Green Bay Press Gazette;

"The Packers have so much talent in the passing game – Donald Driver, Jermichael Finley, James Jones, Jordy Nelson – that diva-like behavior wouldn’t exactly fit.

“One thing I’ve learned and seen about him is, he’s not that type of guy,” said Driver, who occupies the locker to the right of Jennings. “He’s all about sharing. That’s one thing you have to have, you have to have love between one another. We have so many great receivers that we have in our locker room and he’s one of them that can bring so much out of all the other guys that are young. They see how he came in, and this is the way it’s been and it’s not going to change. That comes from his background.

“He’s a man. He’s a man of God. When you see a man of God move that way, it makes everyone around him move the same way.”

I don't know what sources you are hearing about complaining receivers, but I'd get new sources if I were you.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Why can't Rodgers just call more audibles at the line? He doesn't need to change every single play, but if he sees a good mismatch, why not just call it out and run with it? I personally kind of like that Aaron is taking a bit of a stand on this, it shows that he is really emerging as an alpha and a leader, and I don't think that he was terribly out of line. He expressed some discontent with the game plan, but he's not asking for a trade or calling MM an idiot or anything.

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find most troubling about this is that they won the game. Why all the discord. You won the freaking game. You are 3 and 1 and tied for first in the division as well as being tied for the best record in the NFC. If problems are starting to surface now can you imagine what that locker room will be like after a few loses. It's a team game. You won. Why quibble about how many catches you got or how many yards you passed for or who's at fault for the INT's. Stop worring about stats and be happy with the win. Sometimes good teams have ugly wins.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What I find most troubling about this is that they won the game. Why all the discord. You won the freaking game. You are 3 and 1 and tied for first in the division as well as being tied for the best record in the NFC. If problems are starting to surface now can you imagine what that locker room will be like after a few loses. It's a team game. You won. Why quibble about how many catches you got or how many yards you passed for or who's at fault for the INT's. Stop worring about stats and be happy with the win. Sometimes good teams have ugly wins.

There ISN'T a bunch of discord. You've shown no real evidence or exact citations where there is. Rodgers makes a couple of comments which he's laughing off now and said if anyone wants to ask any more questions wait until Wednesday's press conference. Why are you trying to make it look like there is trouble on the team? What is your agenda? The receivers aren't bickering about touches. There aren't major bitter contract disputes. Every team has constant ongoing contract negotiations. That is part of the NFL. Why try to make it out to be something it isn't?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're basing all this off of Rogers post game comments, (until further sources can be produced), I'd say such comments were perhaps taken out of context. Things said in the heat of the moment, in particular following a tough game, are sometimes later regretted when somebody takes them apart and expounds upon them. For now, I say we just hope there is no truth to this. Mutiny is something we can surely live without.

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't Rodgers just call more audibles at the line? He doesn't need to change every single play, but if he sees a good mismatch, why not just call it out and run with it? I personally kind of like that Aaron is taking a bit of a stand on this, it shows that he is really emerging as an alpha and a leader, and I don't think that he was terribly out of line. He expressed some discontent with the game plan, but he's not asking for a trade or calling MM an idiot or anything.

He's having problems with the different packages McCarthy brings into the game. For instace there are some packages where Jennings, Driver and Finley are replaced with Crabtree, Lee and Nelson and a lead fullback. They use this package in running situations to provide better blocking. Rodgers complaint is he wants his playmakers on the field. It's kind of hard for him to audible out of this package because all of his passing weapons are standing on the sidelines.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think all this "discontent" is being blown out of proportion. Rodger's comments came from his frustration at not being able to move the ball against the Lions nearly as efficiently as he did against the Bears. We played more of a spread offense vs. the Bears than we did against the Lions. Rodgers didn't like it.

I understand Jenkin's frustrations, but he'll probably get his after the season if we don't bring some guys back. It's also possible we trade him away rather than re-sign him. For better or worse we still have Jolly on the roster, plus we drafted CJ Wilson and Mike Neal. As much as I would love to keep Jenkins, we can't afford to keep everyone, and we might be able to trade him for a 1st and a 3rd in the next draft. FWIW, I think we'll cut Jolly, but at the moment he's still a factor.

Anyway, I think what we saw this past week was a team that wasn't happy just barely beating a team they should have destroyed a week after losing to a team that, for all intents and purposes, they beat pretty handily. And you know what? I'm glad they're not happy. I'm not happy either. It's time these guys got their **** together. But to say that we have major problems is a bit melodramatic.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't see Rodgers intereviewed on local tv after the Lion game. It was on local TV and they have been discussing it for 3 days now on local sportstalk radio. There are 3 sportstalk radio stations out of milwaukee 540am 1250am 620am Green Bay radio 1440am or 107.5 fm. The have been talking about the discontent going on with Jennings. Rodgers, Jenkins. Hawk and then it shifted to people's disgust with Thompson not making the Lynch trade.

I didn't see the post-game stuff. It was already well past my bedtime. As far as sports radio goes, I can't get any AM stations out here where I live. It's 1 mile from my driveway to the Illinesian border. Too far from Milwaukee, too far from Madison, too far from Chicago, and too far from Rockford.

It looks like you're not gonna last real long on "un-ignore." I back you up with the info that I have, and now you wanna argue because I didn't back you up with whatever info you seem to think I should have. You must be a real bundle of joy in person.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we keep jenkins. the man is a beast. blasphemer

For the record, I would love to keep him. But what I want and what the team does are two different things. I mean, we drafted two DE's this past year- One to go now and one for developmental purposes. While I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Jenkins in the off-season.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I didn't see the post-game stuff. It was already well past my bedtime. As far as sports radio goes, I can't get any AM stations out here where I live. It's 1 mile from my driveway to the Illinesian border. Too far from Milwaukee, too far from Madison, too far from Chicago, and too far from Rockford.
Where you at, Chief? Beloit here....

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
We will finish 11-5 AGAIN...and win the division, over the Vikes. Dated 10/05/2010. Refer back to this thread in January...
I hate unrest in Packer kingdom.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Green Bay Packers News & Daily Links for 10.5.10 | Cheesehead TV)

Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin pointed out some interesting statistics, according to Demovsky. "In the offensive meeting on Monday, Philbin pointed out that through four games this season, the offense has scored more points than it did a year ago at the same point in the season, have cut down on their sacks by 75 percent and are better on third downs," writes Demovsky. The statistic on sacks is of particular attention given that the Packers gave up 51 sacks last season.

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks for providing the info. I read it this morning but others may find it interesting. It falls in line with my biggest gripe. I've stated that they won the game. They're in first place. It's a team sport and Philbin points out the improvemrnts statistically over last year after their 1st 4 games. So why are some players complaining if the team is showing improvement. I think some players are putting me first attitudes over team success. Even though they won the game. are in 1st place and are better statistically on offense, there are some unhappy campers. I think Rodgers is pi$$ed with his quarterback rating and interception totals and I also think Jennings and Driver aren't happy with their reception totals. All Philbin does is fuel flames to the fire that some players are more concerned about individual accomplishments than team accomplishments.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thanks for providing the info. I read it this morning but others may find it interesting. It falls in line with my biggest gripe. I've stated that they won the game. They're in first place. It's a team sport and Philbin points out the improvemrnts statistically over last year after their 1st 4 games. So why are some players complaining if the team is showing improvement. I think some players are putting me first attitudes over team success. Even though they won the game. are in 1st place and are better statistically on offense, there are some unhappy campers. I think Rodgers is pi$$ed with his quarterback rating and interception totals and I also think Jennings and Driver aren't happy with their reception totals. All Philbin does is fuel flames to the fire that some players are more concerned about individual accomplishments than team accomplishments.

Ok, I've checked the Wisconsin Media outlets, SI, Fox, CBS, NBC, NFL.com, ESPN, and ESPN Milwaukee and can find nothing that reports of any discord other than what comments Rodgers made the other day. Rodgers was just stating that he liked the spread offense more than the alternating packages. He's chuckling about it now, Philbin isn't worried, McCarthy isn't upset. So please, instead of perpetuating a thread based on nothing, at least give us something credible to discuss. Something isn't true just because you think it's true.

What is true is that reports from the journal sentinel and the press gazette mentioned the players were not overly excited in the locker room after the game and MM had to remind them that they won. They just didn't feel like they played up to their own potential. Nobody was pointing fingers or grumbling about touches, etc.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I still maintain that the comments were more due to the frustration of struggling to beat a team they expected to dominate. I wouldn't read much more into it than that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Bob is saying it as "insider info" that reporters and the like know its a locker room thing

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's just a matter of expectations.

They thought (rightfully so) that they could just roll over the Lions, like they did last year, and when it didn't happened, they got frustrated, that's all.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Seems like all teams are struggling right now and unhappy with this or that. Season is early, I'm not going to get too uptight about it. What control do we have over it anyway? They aren't going to let us vote on changes to the way the Packers play the game, trades, hires/fires, or contracts.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I've checked the Wisconsin Media outlets, SI, Fox, CBS, NBC, NFL.com, ESPN, and ESPN Milwaukee and can find nothing that reports of any discord other than what comments Rodgers made the other day. Rodgers was just stating that he liked the spread offense more than the alternating packages. He's chuckling about it now, Philbin isn't worried, McCarthy isn't upset. So please, instead of perpetuating a thread based on nothing, at least give us something credible to discuss. Something isn't true just because you think it's true.

What is true is that reports from the journal sentinel and the press gazette mentioned the players were not overly excited in the locker room after the game and MM had to remind them that they won. They just didn't feel like they played up to their own potential. Nobody was pointing fingers or grumbling about touches, etc.
Agreed.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bob is saying it as "insider info" that reporters and the like know its a locker room thing
So does Bob claim to have insider info?
Has he ever named his sources or mentioned where they work? (Like "I know a guy who is a janitor who cleans MM's office.")
Has anything Bob ever posted turned out to be true?
Or is it all just rumors, speculations and other BS?

I guess what I'm really wondering is that wouldn't a pro sports organization keep a lid on everything and only reveal what they know to bona fide reporters?
Why let some random guy know stuff who will then post it on a fan forum?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He said it came from a national reporter..

Look I think Bob is legit, I do know things happen where talks go on for this or that and it NEVER happens, which is what Bob was doing..

But others felt the need to know EXACTLY how he got this info and then would ridicule him for things not happening..

I dont like how he is leaving, not leaving stuff but I dont blame him for not wanting to post

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No insider information. It was discussed on sportwriters Packer call in show the day after the game. Since these writers have access to the players in the locker room I tend to believe them. When you ask someone what they thought of the playcalling and they storm out of the room or when you ask a receiver why they only had 2 receptions and they respond no comment. Jenkins unhappiness was already in the print media. He's pretty upset. To be honest I wish I didn't even bring these things up. But it's news concerning the team we all root for and I think everyone at least has the right to know.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there werent many passes for anyone to get against the lions. we had 40 plays. thats hardly any at all. for ****s sake this is getting way overblown. we have the most balanced distribution of targets in the league among the top 3. no one can ***** and moan and i dont think anyone is. the only confirmed complaints were from rodgers and jenkins. anything else said in any interviews we all would have heard about as part of that news story. theres no reason to include rodgers' and jenkins' comments but ignore the others.

i find it hard to believe that any of the 4 classiest, most professional guys on the team, jenkins, rodgers, driver, and jennings, would put personal accomplishments ahead of the team. they understand that if they get said accomplishments its because of the team around them and theyre doing it for them too. they wouldnt allow things like this to affect their play. period. thats the end of discussion. it doesnt make sense that they would alter their playing because all of their gripes have to do with not doing better. and as long as we as fans know they are doing their best out there, we have no reason to meddle in their personal feelings theyre free to feel however they want and shouldnt face criticism.

sneaky troll is ******* sneaky

Members online

Latest posts