This season

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn`t there an expression "Any given Sunday" ?. I think you`re being a bit optimistic IMHO
You are right there is no way the Packers could beat the Seahawks, Giants, Lions or Falcons. I am not saying the Packers are winning the Super Bowl but the idea that this team doesn't have a shot if they make it is crazy. They have literally already beat over half of the curremt NFC players off teams

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are once again setting themselves up to get crushed in the playoffs.

How exactly do a team go about doing this?

It rallies a bit and we think everything is going to be okay, but we are deluding ourselves. I`m going to say it, I don`t care......I want it to end.

I think that's a bit pessimistic.

People were expecting us to collapse, weeks before. Lots of head shakes when AR made the 'run the table' comment.

Nobody expected us to win against the Seahawks...but we did.
Nobody expected us to actually 'run the table' but we are nearly there.
Nobody expected us to win the division...but we are within touching distance.

I can understand giving up and wanting the season to end if we are getting trashed every week...but after 4 wins? The team has been consistently outperforming fans expectations and I, for one, am happy we are doing that.

Hope this continues as long as it can.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am surrounded in Vikings-land today, by fans that can't believe our luck and continue their love/hate crush on our Packers. Their team once again failed them and we continue to march towards a successful season. Will we win the SB? I don't know, but as I've stated a few times, I don't care. I enjoy the seasons and don't lay my love on winning it all. There are many other teams' fans that would give their first born sons to have their team do as well as us. I hate when Packers fans hold us up to the Patriots and say, well, we could be better. Yup, absolutely. We are still the envy of most and it's fun watching this team. I won't be crushed when/if we lose in the playoffs. It will be another good season that just wasn't good enough to be the best.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If all but the last minute of the 4th quarter was fun, we've got a major gap in our definitions.

Also, no point in beating the dead horse, but all anyone counts downstream are the championships. Again, if you can enjoy successful regular seasons and disappointing/embarrassing playoffs, more power to you.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am surrounded in Vikings-land today, by fans that can't believe our luck and continue their love/hate crush on our Packers. Their team once again failed them and we continue to march towards a successful season. Will we win the SB? I don't know, but as I've stated a few times, I don't care. I enjoy the seasons and don't lay my love on winning it all. There are many other teams' fans that would give their first born sons to have their team do as well as us. I hate when Packers fans hold us up to the Patriots and say, well, we could be better. Yup, absolutely. We are still the envy of most and it's fun watching this team. I won't be crushed when/if we lose in the playoffs. It will be another good season that just wasn't good enough to be the best.
Me too. Trust me, there were times when I was less than impressed with the quality of play of our team. But how could you say you're a footballl fan and not appreciate the game yesterday?

It had ups, downs, drama, great plays, missed plays, hard hits and massive momentum swings. I was not bored watching that game. If I only cared about wins and losses, I'd just check the box scores and go be far more productive for those three hours than sitting and cheering at a tv screen :)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's the exact mentality of this team and coaching staff imo. They are just satisfied getting to the playoffs and maybe winning the North. It was a "good season". Eff that! I want to win the SB!! or at least be in the NFC championship every year. I'm not ******* you but I'm crushed after every playoff exit. I don't consider it a good season...but yet another wasted opportunity. To each its own tho.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are completely spot on. The Packers are once again setting themselves up to get crushed in the playoffs. Corner backs are a disaster, period. What is the QBR vs. Randall, Rollins, Günter and Hyde. My bet is that Randall is one of the five worst cb"s in the league if not the worst based upon the opposing teams QBR. He looks like a major bust or he is playing hurt. If Barkley can put up over 350 yards passing, they will give up over 500 yards of offense and 38-50 points in a playoff game vs a good qb. Imagine this team facing Ryan and a healthy Julio Jones, or going to Dallas or a red hot Washington. Those teams will put over 40 on the board. While it's no fun watching the Packers lose, they would"ve been better off tanking, cleaning house and getting good draft picks.
Sorry man, I don't agree with the "lose to get better draft choices" bit. That is a true Viking fan thought process!

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the exact mentality of this team and coaching staff imo. They are just satisfied getting to the playoffs and maybe winning the North. It was a "good season". Eff that! I want to win the SB!! or at least be in the NFC championship every year. I'm not ******* you but I'm crushed after every playoff exit. I don't consider it a good season...but yet another wasted opportunity. To each its own tho.

Really? What part of this team seems happy to just get to the playoffs? Don't get me wrong but to act like the team and coaching staff are not disappointed when they lose doesn't seem to have a lot of support. Rodgers sure doesn't seem like a guy who likes losing. Just bc the team hasn't won a Super Bowl in a while doesn't mean they are content not doing it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not disagree with you at all. Nope. Not one bit.

I am starting to dream that we will get to the SB with the roll and hot streak we are on.
But your post is a wake up call. A reality check.
I want us to be proven wrong. I really do.
But I think we are going to blow it and lose in the playoffs yet again.
It is what we have been doing for the last few years and even before that first with Favre and then with Rodgers.
Winning used to be part of the Packers legacy. Sadly, it is now becoming losing and it is what I have come to expect in the playoffs.
It is the only way one can keep themselves from being let down too much or at all.

So why bother getting all excited about the Packers getting into the playoffs anymore?
They will find a way to lose it.
Please Packers. Prove me wrong on this.
Uhhhh ..... you do know that 11 teams lose in the playoffs every year, right? Why do you seem to expect it to be a cakewalk? It's a tough league, very little comes easy. Winning is no longer part of the Packers legacy? Run that one past the other 31 franchises for confirmation if you can.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? What part of this team seems happy to just get to the playoffs? Don't get me wrong but to act like the team and coaching staff are not disappointed when they lose doesn't seem to have a lot of support. Rodgers sure doesn't seem like a guy who likes losing. Just bc the team hasn't won a Super Bowl in a while doesn't mean they are content not doing it.

Not saying they are content.. but I don't believe they are willing to do anything it takes to get there. That's the biggest difference between them and New England. You think if Capers was in New England he'd still have a job? You think it would have taken BB yrs to fire Slocum even tho the special teams play had been a weak spot since he's been here? The Patriots also believe in signing free agents to bolster their roster Until young guys are ready to play. Big name or not. Rodgers imo is way better than Tom Brady except Brady has an aggressive front office and coach while Rodgers has just the opposite. Which is why he's been to 6 SBs and Rodgers has been to 1. Because its definitely not because Brady is the better player. Let's say TT let Rodgers walk back in 08 And he went to...let's say San Francisco, Denver or even Seattle. I guarantee you he has at least two rings with at least 3 or 4 trips to the SB.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup. Well stated Guapo.

I must admit to giggling quite a bit watching the Vikings the last month and a half. No one melts down with quite the panache as the Minnesota Vikings. They've turned it into an art form. :D

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhhh ..... you do know that 11 teams lose in the playoffs every year, right? Why do you seem to expect it to be a cakewalk? It's a tough league, very little comes easy. Winning is no longer part of the Packers legacy? Run that one past the other 31 franchises for confirmation if you can.
Lately we have great seasons only to lose and go home.

I know it's tough to win it all and it's not a cake walk.
I'm just getting frustrated for the Packers losing after seeing them be so awesome and exciting during the reg. season which the playoff loss then makes it all null and void.

The only bragging rights that matter is being the big winner of it all.

Like look at the 16-0 reg. season Patriots.
They blow it against the Giants in their final game which matters the most. (Yay!!)
No one cares about that almost perfect season.

BTW: I had a feeling the Giants would win it all.
They showed me they wanted it more after they beat GB. At home. Against Favre.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who on this team, to you, seems content with just winning enough games to make the playoffs? **** that ********. You saw a team this year gut thru bad turn of events after bad turn, and still come out swinging with a chance to make the post season again, a few weeks after much of the forum was already on to draft picks in April.

The only attitude that sucks is of half the posters. Not able to separate disappointment in not winning it all, from being able to enjoy the battles won week to week and what it takes to get there.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though we are "turning the table" and doing better, let us not forget just how bad we were earlier.

I think that McMoron and Ted should still be really looked at and even still considered for replacement if we do not get to the SB this season.
IMO, at this time, they are overrated.

I doubt they, as well as Capers, will make an exit this year. I'd be amazed if either of them go.
But I do think serious thought should be given to their futures by those who work within the Packers organization who make those decisions.

(C'mon guys. You are wasting the prime years of our golden quarterback with the million dollar arm.
He should get at least one more ring before retirement.)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only attitude that sucks is of half the posters.
That reminds me:
Don't you just hate it when you get your new Packers poster home and when you unroll it, only half of it is there!
And it's not even the good half.
Just the bottom showing the legs of the player you wanted to proudly display.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sorry Bill. I disagree 100%. I don't give a crap about any other team so if the Pack win by one...that means I get another week of Packers football. It's a long, dark, lonely tunnel January to July ... So...I'll just keep taking my Packer fix while I can get it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
*rolls Buggy a doobie and shows him some of the highlights from 2010*

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder how you know this? Just because they fail doesn't mean that they aren't trying to be their best.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder how you know this? Just because they fail doesn't mean that they aren't trying to be their best.

I don't doubt they are...but I don't t see that killer instinct in them or the coaches. That's ALL I'm pointing out. They don't have that killer instinct that's why you see all these collapses and almost collapses over the years. Tell me I'm wrong.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though we are "turning the table" and doing better, let us not forget just how bad we were earlier.

I think that McMoron and Ted should still be really looked at and even still considered for replacement if we do not get to the SB this season.
IMO, at this time, they are overrated.

I doubt they, as well as Capers, will make an exit this year. I'd be amazed if either of them go.
But I do think serious thought should be given to their futures by those who work within the Packers organization who make those decisions.

(C'mon guys. You are wasting the prime years of our golden quarterback with the million dollar arm.
He should get at least one more ring before retirement.)

But see, that's the point of why you can't call it done before it's done. Yeah, at one point I thought this team was giving up on MM and Capers was for sure on his last run (he might still be after yesterday, but we'll see). Hell, remember when the Vikings were 5-0, we were behind them and every pessimist on this board and every stupid *** media outlet out there kept saying they were locked to win this division and there was no catching them? Or that they were heading to Houston? My my how that has changed. Hell even the Broncos who pundits were talking about running the table again and making the Super Bowl repeat might not even make the playoffs right now.

Trust me, I understand making judgments in the middle of a losing point, but that's why you gotta let the season play out and decide things afterwards. I would say I considered letting MM go at one point this season, but with this turnaround, I think his seat should cool off quite a bit and his rope made a little longer.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sorry Bill. I disagree 100%. I don't give a crap about any other team so if the Pack win by one...that means I get another week of Packers football. It's a long, dark, lonely tunnel January to July ... So...I'll just keep taking my Packer fix while I can get it.

That`s cool Weeds, we`re all entitled to an opinion mate :tup:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would also say, as much heartbreak as we've had in recent years in the playoffs, somehow this year I feel like we'd take at least 5 of those 6 teams out any given day.

Dallas, they've gotten less and less impressive week to week and had to fight for their lives just to beat the Bucs last night. Rodgers's play has improved since we faced them last and we've been able to get the offense better footing behind Montgomery and now Cook, think we got a few new things with those guys we could throw at them.

Atlanta - Only beat us by 1 point last game and in the midst of our struggles we still hung up 32 on them. Don't see anything about them that intimidates me, good offense but we know what happened last time we had them in the playoffs, something Matt Ryan hasn't had a ton of success in.

NYG - a bit intimidating and have had our history against them of losing in the playoffs, but even that has to end at some point. I'd also say I'm not overly impressed with their offense, but might have to contend against their tough defense. Still, a beatable team.

Tampa Bay, Washington, Lions take your pick. Defense got mismatched against the Redskins last time, but this is now the playoffs we're talking about. We've gotten healthier since our last game with them, and I don't see another 42 points being given up to them. Tampa Bay and Detroit both have gotten pretty lucky this season, and neither strikes me as having the makeup to go deep in the playoffs.

Only team that I'd probably be overly worried about facing in the playoffs is Seattle because they'd be at home this time, they'd be eager to exact revenge on us for that 38-10 embarrassment, and ... well our players still got traces of that 2014 NFCCG in their blood.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As we saw last year in Arizona, if you have AR12, you have a chance.

Now, if we're able to translate yesterday's running production into the postseason, and if we get some of the same defensive intensity that we have seen over the better part of the last 4 weeks, we have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl.

No one scares me in the NFC like Carolina or Arizona did last year.

The Packers team that has won 4 in a row can take on anyone. I truly believe that.

Members online

No members online now.