This season

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is like a favorite old dying dog. It rallies a bit and we think everything is going to be okay, but we are deluding ourselves. I`m going to say it, I don`t care......I want it to end. IF we get to the playoffs, we are going to get slaughtered by any decent team. I don`t care that people are going to disagree or hate me for daring to say it.

I work with Cowboy fans, 49er fans, even a Miami Dolphins fan, and thankfully I`ve been ill for two months and haven`t had to face any of them.
I`ve swaggered into work over the years and had the bragging rights until we reach the playoffs, but this season ???, I`ve thanked God for my health issues so I haven`t had to run the gauntlet of abuse I KNOW I would face.

Kill me now, and make it stop. I don`t kid myself that next week we`ll beat the other failures and it will start all over again, "We are gonna win it all" ******** that goes with it for a week" !!!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are completely spot on. The Packers are once again setting themselves up to get crushed in the playoffs. Corner backs are a disaster, period. What is the QBR vs. Randall, Rollins, Günter and Hyde. My bet is that Randall is one of the five worst cb"s in the league if not the worst based upon the opposing teams QBR. He looks like a major bust or he is playing hurt. If Barkley can put up over 350 yards passing, they will give up over 500 yards of offense and 38-50 points in a playoff game vs a good qb. Imagine this team facing Ryan and a healthy Julio Jones, or going to Dallas or a red hot Washington. Those teams will put over 40 on the board. While it's no fun watching the Packers lose, they would"ve been better off tanking, cleaning house and getting good draft picks.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You're being harassed by Dolphins fans? What leg do they have to stand on? How many of these Cowboy fans were rabid Cowboy fans last season? Or the decade or two before then? 49ers have turned into one year wonders. When was their last Lombardi again? Just remind them of the # of times the Packers have had single digit 1st round draft picks in the past 25 years.
Remind yourself, and by association them, that you shouldn't be basing your self worth on the results of games played an ocean away. Especially considering you can't influence the outcome no matter how hard you yell at the TV screen. (And with the delays, the play is over by the time you see it.) Just plan on enjoying a run like 2010 Packers, 2007 and 2011 Giants. Don't kick yourself if it doesn't occur just live in the moment.

D

Deleted member 6794

While it's no fun watching the Packers lose, they would"ve been better off tanking, cleaning house and getting good draft picks.

There´s no doubt the cornerback position needs to be addressed next offseason but I rather have the Packers compete for a playoff spot than tanking, especially as drafting earlier doesn´t guarantee getting impact players.

OP
OP
I

You're being harassed by Dolphins fans? What leg do they have to stand on? How many of these Cowboy fans were rabid Cowboy fans last season? Or the decade or two before then? 49ers have turned into one year wonders. When was their last Lombardi again? Just remind them of the # of times the Packers have had single digit 1st round draft picks in the past 25 years.
Remind yourself, and by association them, that you shouldn't be basing your self worth on the results of games played an ocean away. Especially considering you can't influence the outcome no matter how hard you yell at the TV screen. (And with the delays, the play is over by the time you see it.) Just plan on enjoying a run like 2010 Packers, 2007 and 2011 Giants. Don't kick yourself if it doesn't occur just live in the moment.

Thanks Pop, I`ve calmed down now...lol

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just slaughtered a more than decent team by 28 two weeks ago.

Of course that means come playoff time, we won't have a chance for some reason...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There´s no doubt the cornerback position needs to be addressed next offseason but I rather have the Packers compete for a playoff spot than tanking, especially as drafting earlier doesn´t guarantee getting impact players.
Tanking is for perpetual losers. Play to win all the time. You never know what can happen if you get into the playoffs. Kudos to the Bears for playing their guts out in difficult circumstances.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are completely spot on. The Packers are once again setting themselves up to get crushed in the playoffs. Corner backs are a disaster, period. What is the QBR vs. Randall, Rollins, Günter and Hyde. My bet is that Randall is one of the five worst cb"s in the league if not the worst based upon the opposing teams QBR. He looks like a major bust or he is playing hurt. If Barkley can put up over 350 yards passing, they will give up over 500 yards of offense and 38-50 points in a playoff game vs a good qb. Imagine this team facing Ryan and a healthy Julio Jones, or going to Dallas or a red hot Washington. Those teams will put over 40 on the board. While it's no fun watching the Packers lose, they would"ve been better off tanking, cleaning house and getting good draft picks.

We just saw the Packers tie the all time series vs the Bears during a crazy game with an incredible ending.

But your post game thoughts though are about how they'd be better off tanking.

I feel sorry for you. Enjoy the wins while they last.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty much everything i wanted to say has been said. anyway, i haven't had to workout in weeks, my heart beats the equivalent of over 3 hours of workouts on just Sunday alone lately. I don't watch for boring that's for sure. While I'd rather some things be different, it rarely matters what I think, so I'll just watch and enjoy the W's.

OP
OP
I

I never even thought about tanking. I just want the anxiety to end.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of course that means come playoff time, we won't have a chance for some reason...
Packers will have a chance against a good team in the playoffs if the game lasts 3 quarters. But that defense just wilts under the slightest pressure. If you enjoy seeing a HOF qb get squandered year after year so be it. I'd rather see the Packers put themselves in a chance to win a SB, not just make the playoffs and wilt. That means that they need to make some major changes.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That was two weeks ago. How about yesterday? Apparently will be a case of which Packer team shows up in a given week, and that doesn't give me any confidence for the next couple of games and, particularly, the playoffs.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree with tanking either, but consistently drafting in the 20s of every round after an early playoff exit is clearly not working, and if Teddy continues to insist on all but ignoring free agency to bring in pieces that can help your team right away and make you Super Bowl contenders, you can't be just good at drafting, you have to be great. This isn't a team that should be drafting and developing every year. Not when Aaron Rodgers is your quarterback. D and D is for teams that are rebuilding.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will have a chance against a good team in the playoffs if the game lasts 3 quarters. But that defense just wilts under the slightest pressure. If you enjoy seeing a HOF qb get squandered year after year so be it. I'd rather see the Packers put themselves in a chance to win a SB, not just make the playoffs and wilt. That means that they need to make some major changes.

I think the key thing is that there are no great teams in the NFC. The shine is wearing off the Cowboys. The Packers have already beat the Giants, Lions and Seahawks. They also played Atlanta incredibly tough. The Packers could be one of the first teams I ever remember to play all 5 other playoff teams and they went 3-2 against those teams. If we knocked the Lions out and the Redskins took their spot I guess it would only be 2-3.

Tell me again why the Packers can't go on a run in the playoffs

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key thing is that there are no great teams in the NFC. The shine is wearing off the Cowboys. The Packers have already beat the Giants, Lions and Seahawks. They also played Atlanta incredibly tough. The Packers could be one of the first teams I ever remember to play all 5 other playoff teams and they went 3-2 against those teams. If we knocked the Lions out and the Redskins took their spot I guess it would only be 2-3.

Tell me again why the Packers can't go on a run the playoffs

Depends on if the missing word is 'to' or 'through'. No argument with the first option, lot of concern with the second. :)

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the team doesn't roll over and quit like some here would like. This is a team that was 4-6 and looking at the impossible task of winning out to make the playoffs after dropping 4 straight to mostly mediocre teams. It would have been easy for the team to pack it in at that point, but instead they banded together and have reeled off 4 in a row. And I get it, yesterday was ugly, and we had a nearly epic meltdown in the 4th. Here's something to remember though: it's hard to win football games in the NFL. That's why people thought it would be impossible to win 6 in a row to make it in to the playoffs. Instead of focusing on the negatives from yesterday, I'm gonna enjoy the fact that we pulled out a win on the road against a divisional rival in single digit temperatures. This team may not have all of the pieces - in fact, we all know there are serious flaws - but they've been playing their ***** off for 4 weeks. If they give us 2 more weeks of that and climb back in to the playoffs after starting 4-6, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it - regardless of what happens once we get there.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is like a favorite old dying dog. It rallies a bit and we think everything is going to be okay, but we are deluding ourselves. I`m going to say it, I don`t care......I want it to end. IF we get to the playoffs, we are going to get slaughtered by any decent team. I don`t care that people are going to disagree or hate me for daring to say it.

I work with Cowboy fans, 49er fans, even a Miami Dolphins fan, and thankfully I`ve been ill for two months and haven`t had to face any of them.
I`ve swaggered into work over the years and had the bragging rights until we reach the playoffs, but this season ???, I`ve thanked God for my health issues so I haven`t had to run the gauntlet of abuse I KNOW I would face.

Kill me now, and make it stop. I don`t kid myself that next week we`ll beat the other failures and it will start all over again, "We are gonna win it all" ******** that goes with it for a week" !!!
I do not disagree with you at all. Nope. Not one bit.

I am starting to dream that we will get to the SB with the roll and hot streak we are on.
But your post is a wake up call. A reality check.
I want us to be proven wrong. I really do.
But I think we are going to blow it and lose in the playoffs yet again.
It is what we have been doing for the last few years and even before that first with Favre and then with Rodgers.
Winning used to be part of the Packers legacy. Sadly, it is now becoming losing and it is what I have come to expect in the playoffs.
It is the only way one can keep themselves from being let down too much or at all.

So why bother getting all excited about the Packers getting into the playoffs anymore?
They will find a way to lose it.
Please Packers. Prove me wrong on this.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers defense had played pretty well for 3 3/4 games before yesterday´s meltdown against the Bears in the fourth quarter. I agree they didn´t face any elite offenses but if the unit is able to play on that level during the playoffs I´m optimistic Rodgers and the offense can outscore opponents in the postseason.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense had played pretty well for 3 3/4 games before yesterday´s meltdown against the Bears in the fourth quarter. I agree they didn´t face any elite offenses but if the unit is able to play on that level during the playoffs I´m optimistic Rodgers and the offense can outscore opponents in the postseason.

Agreed. And even though our defense dug themselves into a hole yesterday, that was a huge hold on the last drive after the Bears got inside the 5.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`ve been giving this some thought trying to explain myself.
Do you ever remember growing up watching movies ? You watched westerns and action movies knowing the outcome was going to be okay. As you grew older you watched more films that you knew you shouldn`t, but you knew better and watched them anyway. Some were horror movies that you kind of watched through squinted eyes because you wanted to turn away, but you wouldn`t because you`d look weak in front of friends. You watched the victim enter the house where the ghoul was and you screamed at the screen "Don`t go in there !", but you knew they would anyway.
This season I have hidden behind cushions feeling the terror and not being able to do anything about it.
People have repeatedly said draft and develop doesn`t work. We have a man in charge who cannot or will not accept it. We blame the coaches for not getting the best out of the players we have. Until we get major change, we will always stumble at end fences.
I hope we get to and win the superbowl, I`d eat as much crow as you want me to, put any message you want in my signature, but I think I`m safe for the foreseeable future

I think that just because some people disagree with you, it doesn't mean they didn't understand your first analogy. Sorry you feel this way. I think, as I said above, despite the fact that we have our flaws and have hit bumps (both self-inflicted and injury-related), I've really enjoyed watching this group work hard and come together to win 4 straight. It would've been really easy to fold at 4-6, so I appreciate the effort they've put forth.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cap, is that really you, or did somebody hack you? :)

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on if the missing word is 'to' or 'through'. No argument with the first option, lot of concern with the second. :)

Who is an NFC team you don't think the Packers can beat? Cowboys is the only team I think you could say since the Packers have won against the others or played them very close

OP
OP
I

Who is an NFC team you don't think the Packers can beat? Cowboys is the only team I think you could say since the Packers have won against the others or played them very close

Isn`t there an expression "Any given Sunday" ?. I think you`re being a bit optimistic IMHO

Members online

Latest posts