This season

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious, what is it about the Packets defense that makes anyone think they can stop an elite qb in a playoff game? Sure the Packers can hang tough for a while, but with a cream puff defense, leads collapse and close games turn into another disappointment. Sometimes an elite qb has an off day like Wilson two weeks ago, but that hasn't happened in the playoffs vs the Packers because the pass rush usually disappears and the Packers drop interceptions like they did last year vs the Cardinals. If the Packers had a healthy Shiels, Mathews and Perry then I would say they would have a reasonable expectation.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That`s cool Weeds, we`re all entitled to an opinion mate :tup:
You're goin' soft Bill. Step up and take your mediocre Packer football beating...a good number of us have lived through a heckuva lot worse than this... :whistling: ...as I said, step up to the telly and take your Packer beating buddy. :geek:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One of the keys to this defense in the last 2 games has been turnovers and winning that battle. Our offense has been really good at hanging on to the ball and has to continue doing that. While I can't say that the Packers Defense has forced all of the turnovers, some of them have just been opportunistic, what I can say is that without them, our D would have given up a lot more points in the last 2 games, maybe even enough to have lost the game yesterday.

Sky King

Reaction score
Frankly, I had pretty much accepted that this team was not championship caliber after the four-game losing streak. Maybe. Maybe not. What I'm seeing now is a bonus season compared to what I had been seeing back then. They sure waited long enough to find a badly needed sense of urgency.

Will they make the playoffs and then go deep into them? Nobody knows at this point but I'm definitely enjoying the finding-out process. It will all end soon enough, even if they do manage to somehow run the table. Enjoy it while you can - win, lose or draw.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't doubt they are...but I don't t see that killer instinct in them or the coaches. That's ALL I'm pointing out. They don't have that killer instinct that's why you see all these collapses and almost collapses over the years. Tell me I'm wrong.
You're not wrong. After the great collapse against Seattle, one would expect to never again see them "take their foot off the gas" and yet they do. Or they underestimate opponents with bad records going in and end up shell shocked.

As to your earlier point, I don't believe there are any players who are content with making the playoffs or winning the division. And the same must be true for the coaches, but I think I understand the point you're trying to make... the organization gives the impression of being fine with the status quo because there doesn't seem to be a lot of accountability required of the coaching staff or GM, at least in my opinion. They are never on the hot seat as long as they make the playoffs or win the division, despite making no obvious strides closer to a SB. As a fan, it's frustrating to feel like you're often watching a game you've seen before (many times in fact). And they are getting painfully predictable if nothing else.

But having said all that, we've seen what the team can do when their backs are to the wall. It's hard not to be hopeful!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The trick to it is to not look back. If you are in the moment looking forward, then you are in position to do well. If you live in the days when things werent so good? Holding on to the fear of not having a RB, or secondary, or LBs worth a barf. Then you breed failure........

I dont think there is a limit to what this team can accomplish... The switch has flipped IMO. If everyone can just get healthy, we should be peaking when it counts...

Reaction score
I'm honestly not expecting GB to win the SB but after such a rollercoaster season I think a reasonable goal might be an NFC appearance. Then as long as we give someone a scare I'm ok
This secondary isn't cut from the same cloth as 2010. But if we get a pass rush going (unlike the Bears game) they can be just opportunistic enough to allow a budding rushing game and solid passing game to win games.
We just might need Schum to polish 'them off ;)

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You're goin' soft Bill. Step up and take your mediocre Packer football beating...a good number of us have lived through a heckuva lot worse than this... :whistling: ...as I said, step up to the telly and take your Packer beating buddy. :geek:

How dare you ?? I`ve been an Ipswich Town fan here in England since 1972. I`ve experienced pain since then. Soft ? You have no idea what pain is !! :mad:. I`m going to watch Suicide Squad, or rather Margot Robbie to ease mine. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6794

I really have a hard time understanding posters not being excited about the Packers still being in the running for the division crown, especially taking into consideration the team was two games below .500 only four weeks ago. While they´ve struggled mightily for parts of this season they´re in the exact same situation heading into week 16 than in 2010. I don´t believe they´re the favorite to win the Super Bowl but so was nobody six years ago after the Packers lost to the Patriots with two games to go. I´m just glad we still have something to cheer for other than moving up the draft order.

Cap, is that really you, or did somebody hack you? :)

I´m sorry if you´ve got the impression that I´m a pessimist. I rather consider myself a realist.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I really have a hard time understanding posters not being excited about the Packers still being in the running for the division crown, especially taking into consideration the team was two games below .500 only four weeks ago. While they´ve struggled mightily for parts of this season they´re in the exact same situation heading into week 16 than in 2010. I don´t believe they´re the favorite to win the Super Bowl but so was nobody six years ago after the Packers lost to the Patriots with two games to go. I´m just glad we still have something to cheer for other than moving up the draft order.

I am in the same camp with you. One month ago, we had just lost our 4th straight game to Wash. Many of use were here ready to fire just about everyone in GB except the water boy and I even heard rumors of him being on the bubble. Fast forward one month to now. With 4 straight victories and the offense finally clicking, most of us should have some renewed optimism. Will the Packers win the Super Bowl? Odds say they won't, but at least we are still in the hunt and potentially have some really exciting football to look forward to in the coming weeks/months. Keep winning the turnover battle, have faith in Rodgers and the offense and well.....pray a little bit for the defense...we can do this!

If all that doesn't work to get your Green and Gold Juices flowing, just imagine being a Cleveland Browns fan.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is betting the house on GB, but I don't see a single team I'd bet the house on. Then again, i'm not a betting man, but still. Anyway, it always takes a bit of luck to win it all, this year will be no different for some team. Our defense can play better, they show it every week. They just seem to have trouble maintaining it. But they can. and if they play well at the right time and our offense does its part, there's no reason we can't beat anybody in front of us. It will be tough, but winning super bowls is never easy. But we have to win the next game first, then worry about detroit.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really have a hard time understanding posters not being excited about the Packers still being in the running for the division crown, especially taking into consideration the team was two games below .500 only four weeks ago.

Because many of those people want TT/MM to be fired and with the Packers in it, they realize that their dream of being rid of TT & MM won't be realized. That and there are some people that just want to be perpetually miserable.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personal choice, obviously, but the only times I've been miserable as a Packer fan since early 2011 is when I actually thought they were going to win it all. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me again and again...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
How dare you ?? I`ve been an Ipswich Town fan here in England since 1972. I`ve experienced pain since then. Soft ? You have no idea what pain is !! :mad:. I`m going to watch Suicide Squad, or rather Margot Robbie to ease mine. :rolleyes:
You wanna talk misery and agony? My wife has been playing one Kenny G Christmas CD after another this evening. :confused::poop:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You wanna talk misery and agony? My wife has been playing one Kenny G Christmas CD after another this evening. :confused::poop:

If you wife is reading this here are 2 hrs and 40 minutes more of Kenny G to play :tup:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Because many of those people want TT/MM to be fired and with the Packers in it, they realize that their dream of being rid of TT & MM won't be realized. That and there are some people that just want to be perpetually miserable.

The Packers shouldn´t act as if everything is fine even if the team ends up making the playoffs. There are some things that need to be addressed this offseason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything newer than Elvis doing Christmas songs is pretty much outlawed in this house. Though I feel your pain. In high school I once bought really good tickets to take my girlfriend to a Kenny G concert, and sat thru it. Chris Jacke was sitting pretty close to us I remember. But that was one and done, so I recovered in time

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anything newer than Elvis doing Christmas songs is pretty much outlawed in this house. Though I feel your pain. In high school I once bought really good tickets to take my girlfriend to a Kenny G concert, and sat thru it. Chris Jacke was sitting pretty close to us I remember. But that was one and done, so I recovered in time

I hope you at least got Chris Jacke's phone number? :coffee:

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Stop mocking the poor man :whistling:. He`s suffered enough.

Sky King

Reaction score

Oh, the humanity!

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers shouldn´t act as if everything is fine even if the team ends up making the playoffs. There are some things that need to be addressed this offseason.

Didn't say they should. But one doesn't need to hope for them not to make the playoffs to hope for changes that will improve the team. (Which the 2 biggest drums that people beat on are improved use of free agency and Capers moving on)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts