1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by red4tribe, Dec 28, 2014.

1. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +436
    I just want to acknowledge how great the offensive line has been since the bye week. It's gone from being a weakness, to being a major strength. There hasn't been a game since week nine where Rodgers hasn't had time to throw the ball. Rodgers has been sacked only eight times since the New Orleans debacle, and no team in the meantime has managed to get serious pressure on Rodgers. The offensive line has proven me wrong, and got me believing that it could stand up to Seattle's defensive line, should there be a rematch.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,630
    I think the OL started looking much better when AR and MM decided to not force their offense on the defense but to play to beat what the defense was doing. Instead of saying, this is our offense and we will keep doing it, they decided to take what the defense was offering and then call plays to exploit it. 2-deep? Run Lacy and dink and dunk with Cobb. Single high mano a mano? Watch Jordy's stats pile up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    And to think Sitton has been playing with a torn ligament in his toe, and lang may still have some issues with his ankle or whatever that injury he had several weeks ago was. They've been playing great and banged up. All facets of the offense relies on them and they haven't disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +436
    Sitton has been a gamer the whole year, him and Lang dealing with injuries. Continuity must have something to do with the offensive line's success, as well as the emergence of Linsley.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    Yeah you always hear how continuity is one of the most important things for an offensive lines success, and I think the packers o-line is proof of that theory.

6. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +515
    I really enjoyed Lang having a heart to heart with Suh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    This offensive line punked out today! Suh stomps on Rodgers, nobody does much! Guarantee you if that happened during the Lombardi, Starr or Gregg tenures as coach Mr. Suh's knee exploding would've been heard in the luxury boxes!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    they came into the year as a very talented group minus the unknown at C (who turned out to be a pro bowl quality player). I am glad the fan base is giving them credit finally

9. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +567
    It's pretty sad though that he was the only one who had the balls to step up to that thug.

10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    I love my fat guys up front. Good job guys. Still think Bahk has to have his fingers taped together though - maybe make him play in taped up mittens. Holding is an art ... once you're getting caught repeatedly, they zero in on you.

11. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +454
    Imo, the o-line has been fabulous this year. I have no idea what the stats say but this offense has a remarkably consistent efficiency in moving the chains. Very few 3 and outs. My guess is that dc's around the league don't sleep well knowing we are up next on their schedule. Good consistent blocking, weaponry everywhere with even more being developed with multiple looks. There are a lot of NFL teams that would love to have our tool chest.

12. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    Bahktiari filled a hole that has gone unfilled since 2 years before Clifton finally retired. Besides the elite hall of fame, LTs, who are usually top 3 pick, and only come along every 5 years or so. The majority of the dominant LTs are late 20's early 30's. Full grown men. tempered for 5+ years in an NFL regiment, and fine tuning their craft to defend against every trick in the book....

To be as good as Bahktiari is, as early as he is....... Im very much looking forward to watching him and Bulaga bookend the second half of rodgers career. When his mobility starts going down.

13. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,787
    I have always been very critical of this offensive line and I obviously think most of it was deserved up until about week 5 or 6 this year. I know there were injuries and things to deal with, but I always thought they were so overrated in the run and pass. Kept hearing how good they were, and kept seeing Rodgers making them look much better than they were. But since week 5 or so, they have played at a very good level. I think they could be better still, but if this is what they do every week, it's a line you should be able to win behind.

14. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Bogus I saw one of the linemen dive at the back of Suh's legs near a pile later in the game.

15. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I completely disagree with your opinion, Whatthehell.

I am proud that our o-line kept their cool, did not lower themselves to the low level that is the entire Detroit organization. I don't want any stupid penalties that could have given Detroit life at that point in the game, nor any suspensions for our next game.

If the league doesn't suspend Suh, so be it.

Stay classy and win. That is my preference. If you want old school nastiness and thug like behavior, move to Detroit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,787
    I think the offensive line handled them well today. The much talked about defensive line of Detroit was pretty much a non-factor yesterday. I like it when they let their play do the talking, and why subject yourself to the possible ramifications by taking a cheap shot back at some POS who isn't worth it? Leaving your team shorthanded for it's next playoff game because you retaliated on some hack you've already beaten sounds dumb. I wouldn't expect that in gradeschool let alone amongst professionals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    So we should let teams beat up our 100 Million Dollar quarterback? That's not good football sense. It makes this team weak, and weak teams don't win Superbowls. What would've happened 50 years ago? If Alex Karras had done that to Bart Starr, I'll GUARANTEE you people in the top row would've heard his knee explode when Fuzzy and Jerry got ahold of him.

18. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,014
    And things have changed since Fuzzy and Jerry played. He never said we should allow our QB to be beaten up, he said it wouldn`t have been in our interest to get players suspended for retaliation. Suh deserves to get his *** served to him on a plate, but to lose a player for a bad reaction would be just stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    Yes, and thankfully there are a lot less neanderthals playing the game these days.

The real fact is that the play had moved down the field. Almost nobody saw what happened, not even Lang. It's ridiculous to expect the O-line to run out of the huddle (after Rodgers told them what happened) to confront Suh. They did the right thing instead, they let the scoreboard do the talking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    And they probably wouldn't have been fined or suspended for it 50 years ago either. You not understanding the differences between the early NFL and now is laughable. Sitton and Lang mean much more to us on the field than throwing cheap shots to even a score with the game already won only risking suspension for a playoff game.

• Creative Creative x 1
  21. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    Sometimes the right decision, is the wrong decision, and sometimes the wrong decision is the right decision. This is one of those situations. I'll guarantee you if Lang or Sitton had told Linsley 'just hold him up'. Linsley would've been suspended, and Tretter would be in, which is what seems to be what everyone here wanted to begin with.

22. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Feng Shui Debunker

Ratings:
    +175
    The offensive play calling has really evolved this year. I really was impressed with how they came out running it down Detroit's throat and it had them on their heels. I was loving it.

The playbook has opened up immensely since we are pretty healthy for the first time in what, 2 or 3 years?

23. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962
    Jim Hill of the Cardinals punched Starr in the jaw while he was still on the ground after a play. Jim Hill's knee never got exploded by Fuzzy and Jerry -- not in that game nor any other game in the future. The Packers kept their cool. They also won five titles in seven years. The Cardinals won squat. Discipline and intelligence are proven traits of those Packer championship teams. And now the Packers won and the Lions lost. The beat goes on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,787
    I don't think anybody wants a change in our offensive line right now. I don't think anybody saw what happened in the first place, and they took Suh out of the game for the last couple minutes too. Either to prevent his dumbass from hurting someone, or to protect him. Either way, he wasn't even on the field much after that.

25. Hincha

Hincha Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Best OL play in many season... pass protection is great. Glad they are all healthy enough to play.