This Offensive Line

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to acknowledge how great the offensive line has been since the bye week. It's gone from being a weakness, to being a major strength. There hasn't been a game since week nine where Rodgers hasn't had time to throw the ball. Rodgers has been sacked only eight times since the New Orleans debacle, and no team in the meantime has managed to get serious pressure on Rodgers. The offensive line has proven me wrong, and got me believing that it could stand up to Seattle's defensive line, should there be a rematch.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the OL started looking much better when AR and MM decided to not force their offense on the defense but to play to beat what the defense was doing. Instead of saying, this is our offense and we will keep doing it, they decided to take what the defense was offering and then call plays to exploit it. 2-deep? Run Lacy and **** and dunk with Cobb. Single high mano a mano? Watch Jordy's stats pile up.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
And to think Sitton has been playing with a torn ligament in his toe, and lang may still have some issues with his ankle or whatever that injury he had several weeks ago was. They've been playing great and banged up. All facets of the offense relies on them and they haven't disappointed.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And to think Sitton has been playing with a torn ligament in his toe, and lang may still have some issues with his ankle or whatever that injury he had several weeks ago was. They've been playing great and banged up. All facets of the offense relies on them and they haven't disappointed.

Sitton has been a gamer the whole year, him and Lang dealing with injuries. Continuity must have something to do with the offensive line's success, as well as the emergence of Linsley.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Sitton has been a gamer the whole year, him and Lang dealing with injuries. Continuity must have something to do with the offensive line's success, as well as the emergence of Linsley.
Yeah you always hear how continuity is one of the most important things for an offensive lines success, and I think the packers o-line is proof of that theory.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offensive line punked out today! Suh stomps on Rodgers, nobody does much! Guarantee you if that happened during the Lombardi, Starr or Gregg tenures as coach Mr. Suh's knee exploding would've been heard in the luxury boxes!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they came into the year as a very talented group minus the unknown at C (who turned out to be a pro bowl quality player). I am glad the fan base is giving them credit finally

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I love my fat guys up front. Good job guys. Still think Bahk has to have his fingers taped together though - maybe make him play in taped up mittens. Holding is an art ... once you're getting caught repeatedly, they zero in on you.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Imo, the o-line has been fabulous this year. I have no idea what the stats say but this offense has a remarkably consistent efficiency in moving the chains. Very few 3 and outs. My guess is that dc's around the league don't sleep well knowing we are up next on their schedule. Good consistent blocking, weaponry everywhere with even more being developed with multiple looks. There are a lot of NFL teams that would love to have our tool chest.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahktiari filled a hole that has gone unfilled since 2 years before Clifton finally retired. Besides the elite hall of fame, LTs, who are usually top 3 pick, and only come along every 5 years or so. The majority of the dominant LTs are late 20's early 30's. Full grown men. tempered for 5+ years in an NFL regiment, and fine tuning their craft to defend against every trick in the book....

To be as good as Bahktiari is, as early as he is....... Im very much looking forward to watching him and Bulaga bookend the second half of rodgers career. When his mobility starts going down.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been very critical of this offensive line and I obviously think most of it was deserved up until about week 5 or 6 this year. I know there were injuries and things to deal with, but I always thought they were so overrated in the run and pass. Kept hearing how good they were, and kept seeing Rodgers making them look much better than they were. But since week 5 or so, they have played at a very good level. I think they could be better still, but if this is what they do every week, it's a line you should be able to win behind.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
This offensive line punked out today! Suh stomps on Rodgers, nobody does much! Guarantee you if that happened during the Lombardi, Starr or Gregg tenures as coach Mr. Suh's knee exploding would've been heard in the luxury boxes!

I completely disagree with your opinion, Whatthehell.

I am proud that our o-line kept their cool, did not lower themselves to the low level that is the entire Detroit organization. I don't want any stupid penalties that could have given Detroit life at that point in the game, nor any suspensions for our next game.

If the league doesn't suspend Suh, so be it.

Stay classy and win. That is my preference. If you want old school nastiness and thug like behavior, move to Detroit.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the offensive line handled them well today. The much talked about defensive line of Detroit was pretty much a non-factor yesterday. I like it when they let their play do the talking, and why subject yourself to the possible ramifications by taking a cheap shot back at some POS who isn't worth it? Leaving your team shorthanded for it's next playoff game because you retaliated on some hack you've already beaten sounds dumb. I wouldn't expect that in gradeschool let alone amongst professionals.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we should let teams beat up our 100 Million Dollar quarterback? That's not good football sense. It makes this team weak, and weak teams don't win Superbowls. What would've happened 50 years ago? If Alex Karras had done that to Bart Starr, I'll GUARANTEE you people in the top row would've heard his knee explode when Fuzzy and Jerry got ahold of him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So we should let teams beat up our 100 Million Dollar quarterback? That's not good football sense. It makes this team weak, and weak teams don't win Superbowls. What would've happened 50 years ago? If Alex Karras had done that to Bart Starr, I'll GUARANTEE you people in the top row would've heard his knee explode when Fuzzy and Jerry got ahold of him.

And things have changed since Fuzzy and Jerry played. He never said we should allow our QB to be beaten up, he said it wouldn`t have been in our interest to get players suspended for retaliation. Suh deserves to get his *** served to him on a plate, but to lose a player for a bad reaction would be just stupid.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, and thankfully there are a lot less neanderthals playing the game these days.

The real fact is that the play had moved down the field. Almost nobody saw what happened, not even Lang. It's ridiculous to expect the O-line to run out of the huddle (after Rodgers told them what happened) to confront Suh. They did the right thing instead, they let the scoreboard do the talking.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they probably wouldn't have been fined or suspended for it 50 years ago either. You not understanding the differences between the early NFL and now is laughable. Sitton and Lang mean much more to us on the field than throwing cheap shots to even a score with the game already won only risking suspension for a playoff game.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes the right decision, is the wrong decision, and sometimes the wrong decision is the right decision. This is one of those situations. I'll guarantee you if Lang or Sitton had told Linsley 'just hold him up'. Linsley would've been suspended, and Tretter would be in, which is what seems to be what everyone here wanted to begin with.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Instead of saying, this is our offense and we will keep doing it, they decided to take what the defense was offering and then call plays to exploit it. 2-deep? Run Lacy and **** and dunk with Cobb. Single high mano a mano? Watch Jordy's stats pile up.
The offensive play calling has really evolved this year. I really was impressed with how they came out running it down Detroit's throat and it had them on their heels. I was loving it.

The playbook has opened up immensely since we are pretty healthy for the first time in what, 2 or 3 years?

Sky King

Reaction score
Jim Hill of the Cardinals punched Starr in the jaw while he was still on the ground after a play. Jim Hill's knee never got exploded by Fuzzy and Jerry -- not in that game nor any other game in the future. The Packers kept their cool. They also won five titles in seven years. The Cardinals won squat. Discipline and intelligence are proven traits of those Packer championship teams. And now the Packers won and the Lions lost. The beat goes on.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anybody wants a change in our offensive line right now. I don't think anybody saw what happened in the first place, and they took Suh out of the game for the last couple minutes too. Either to prevent his ******* from hurting someone, or to protect him. Either way, he wasn't even on the field much after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts