1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This is bad, very bad.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerChick, Sep 1, 2005.

1. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    TT...let's extend Sherman's contract for 8 MORE YEARS....

because obviously, he a frickin' GENIUS....

2. tarkenton10

tarkenton10 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys sound pretty mad at your team. For being the best fans in the NFL you sure don't sound like it. Preseason means nothing but I like th efact GB fans are already giving up, I hope your team does the same. The Vikings may win the division even if they do have a bad second half again.

3. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to me that YOU have resigned yourself to the fact that the Packers giving up is the only way the Vikings will win the division.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I couldn't agree with you more. A lot of fairweather people on this forum, and it sucks. I will be the first to admit that we suck, if we did suck(we dont). I've argued the "Why the packers are good" rant too many times to do it again. GB fans need to show some pride. Look at the brown fans...they are good fans and their team sucks.

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    So who are the fairweather fans you're talking about tromadz? I see a lot of people here calling it the way they see it. There are some good things going on in GB right now, no question. Seems like you spend a lot of time putting down Packer fans for stating their opinions, what gives?

The Packers will be a solid team this season with some improvements in key areas that they have not shown in pre-season. There is no doubt I don't think in anyone's mind that this team can get it done if the line play on both sides play better than they have been.

Now, tromadz, am I a fairweather Packer fan for stating my opinion? :roll:

6. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ND,

Actually, I think I understand Tromadz. There have been a LOT of doubt when it comes to the Packers. Not everyone is going to look at it through Green and gold glasses like Tromadz, myself and others here do.

It seems that way EVERY year and some people tend to look at one game, or one half of a game and over analize the state of the Packers.

I think that Packerchick is a good packer fan but she must have let some peoples' opinions get her down and she vented.

I only saw the 4th quarter. It seems to me that they must have looked bad in the first half, which I missed.

In the 4th quarter, the defense looked like it has some depth as some of the 2nd string players played pretty well.

I like the looks of Petersen and Montgomery. I also like our chances. I think the Vikes are overhyped, the Bears will overachieve again to finish 5-11, and the Lions are a HUGE ?.

Everyone believes their opinion is realistic. I believe the Packers will go 16-0 and sin the superbowl. But then, I believe that going into EVERY season.

I know you probably think that is unrealistic but at THIS juncture, before the season even starts, that is as realistic as someone calling for a 6-10 finish and last in the NFC north.

7. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I see where you're coming from OBi1, and I am guilty of getting down last night too. I just feel that in context maybe some of that was directed at me too and I've never said the Packers were going to suck or anything of that nature. I guess I'm seeing a team with a whole lot of potential but haven't quite meshed yet. Hopefully it happens on Sunday.

BTW, I feel that I look through green and gold glasses as well and that's the way I prefer. I never expect the Packers to lose - EVER, even if it does happen from time to time. To me, there is only one team to cheer for in the entire NFL and that team resides in the state of Wisconsin!

GO PACK!!!

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    please forgive me.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i want a pair of green and gold glasses now

10. tarkenton10

tarkenton10 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not saying that is the only way to win the division but it is one way. If GB wants to give up I am sure one of the other three teams in the division will glady take the crown and go to the playoffs.