They gave Obama stock in the team?!

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a shareholder of the GBP, I disagree with management's decision to give a Bear fan stock! I don't care if he's the POTUS:chisux:;)

As a shareholder of the GBP, Obama probably agrees with you. But he can't give it away or re-gift it because it would be bad form.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
From reading this other take on it, I don't think it was a joke.
If you still think it was a joke, please provide a link that states it was.

President Obama welcomes Packers to White House

I agree that it's not right to give him stock when the rest of us can't get it.

Also because I'll-Bomb-Ya continues putting American troops in harms way while they murder innocent civilians in wars he promised to end. Also, this Peace Prize winning President has gotten America involved in a third.
He doesn't deserve gifts that the rest of us can't get until he starts living up to his catch words of "Hope" and "Change."

Sorry for getting up on my soapbox like that, but I'll-Bomb-Ya just rubs me the wrong way even though I was stupid enough to vote for him.
I love your take, it's so utterly ridiculous it defies description. So you are for or against putting American troops in harms way? You think our troops are murdering innocent civilians? So you are sympathizing with who?
Americans in harms way or the innocent civilians they are murdering?
And the third war thing, wanna clue us all in which war that one is?
Might I ask you one simple question, is the president's "promise" to get us out of a war trump the very real threat that our country lives under while these maniacs live and breath to cause major destruction to our lives? I mean, really, let's end the violence so they can regroup and reorganize and plan peace rallies here right?
They want to kill us dude, are you serious? If you can't get behind the president and the people of the United States, who can you get behind? Ghandi?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The last thing the Packers need is to give Packer stock to a president that is turning this country downhill
It's symbolic dude, he can't turn the Packers into his own team okay?
He IS the commander in chief and the President of the United States, no matter your political opinion.
If you met him man to man you'd be overwhelmed don't you think? You don't have to agree with him, but he IS the most powerful man in the world.
I have a story where we bought a son of a lifelong Vikings fan's son a share. Those shares are legendary, you know?

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part of the Obama meeting was when he said he wanted Aaron Rodgers to be the quarterback of the Bears. Woa! What a diss on Jay Cultler. That couldn't have gone over very well in C-Town. :tongue:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love your take, it's so utterly ridiculous it defies description. So you are for or against putting American troops in harms way? You think our troops are murdering innocent civilians? So you are sympathizing with who?
Might I ask you one simple question, is the president's "promise" to get us out of a war trump the very real threat that our country lives under while these maniacs live and breath to cause major destruction to our lives? I mean, really, let's end the violence so they can regroup and reorganize and plan peace rallies here right?
They want to kill us dude, are you serious? If you can't get behind the president and the people of the United States, who can you get behind? Ghandi?
I could answer your questions but have decided not to since I have stepped down from the soapbox.
I already said my piece on the matter and I think it's enough.
And from reading your post it's obvious to me that no matter how I respond, we are both set in our ways on the issue and could be too stubborn to change our minds.
A back and forth would be pointless.

We need a rule of no politics in the packer section of the forum
How can we not discuss politics when the Packers met with I'll-Bomb-Ya? It wasn't exactly a political thing but it does bring up certain feelings, some negative, about the thing. Especially the part of giving the stock certificate.
Instead of a rule of not discussing politics perhaps there could be a section, for this kind of topic, called "Religion and politics."
You know, the stuff that you're not really supposed to discuss among mixed company.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We need a rule of no politics in the packer section of the forum

I've watched an excellent forum go down the can as the direct result of politics being allowed...ostensibly, it started with a place to discuss 9/11 -- a place for supposed patriotism turned into a place for partisan bickering and sniping. This place is too good of a site to watch that happen again. I'd recommend that all political content be deleted without explanation and/or apology...and people who can't leave their politics at the door be invited to leave. ...and setting up a separate forum doesn't fly....the venom spills over to the football forums. As I've said, I've seen it.... nip it now.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
You can rant & rave all you want about your political views & it's never going to change the opinion of the other guy. It only makes raises your blood pressure & makes your forehead sweat. (my LAST & FINAL political reference in this "football" thread)

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score

I can understand Forget Favre's take on the issue because he has a lot of stock invested in the catchy name, I'll-Bomb-Ya.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I didn't take stock in the White House ceremony. It looked awkward on the President's part because his rhetoric and light jabs were uninspired and uncomfortable to watch.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can we not discuss politics when the Packers met with I'll-Bomb-Ya? It wasn't exactly a political thing but it does bring up certain feelings, some negative, about the thing. Especially the part of giving the stock certificate.
Instead of a rule of not discussing politics perhaps there could be a section, for this kind of topic, called "Religion and politics."
You know, the stuff that you're not really supposed to discuss among mixed company.

I dont know, maybe by not making 3rd grade remarks like "I'll-Bomb-ya". Maybe trying to just sticking with the situation at hand, the packers met with a sitting president, they joked around. If you want to complain about him being a bears fan so be it, but everything else should be off limits.

I have no idea why the Mods are not enforcing a strict policy on this. Seriously, it does nothing positive for the fourm.

And this isnt anything personal, its just not the place for politics.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is about as political as this forum should get -

The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman president, who happens to be from Wisconsin.

A few days after the election the president-elect, whose name is Susan, calls her Father and says, 'So, Dad, I hope you and Mom will be coming to my inauguration?'

'I don't think so. It's an 18 hour drive."

'Don't worry about it Dad, I'll send Air Force One. And a limousine will pick you up at your door.'

'I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?'

Oh Dad," replies Susan, 'I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in Washington ..'

'Honey,' Dad complains, 'you know I can't eat those rich foods you eat.' Do they serve tap beer ????

The President-to-be responds, 'Don't worry Dad. The entire affair will be handled by the best caterer in Washington , I'll ensure your meals are salt free. You and mom just have to be there.'

So Dad reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2017, Susan is being sworn in as President of the United States .

In the front row sits the new president's Dad and Mom.

Dad noticing the senator sitting next to him leans over and whispers, 'You see that woman over there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States ..'

The Senator whispers back, 'You bet I do.'

Dad says proudly, "Her brother played football for the Green Bay Packers."

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could answer your questions but have decided not to since I have stepped down from the soapbox.
I already said my piece on the matter and I think it's enough.
And from reading your post it's obvious to me that no matter how I respond, we are both set in our ways on the issue and could be too stubborn to change our minds.
A back and forth would be pointless.

Well, very classy and understandable of you not wanting to prolongue a discussion that was going nowhere.

Regarding the politics discussion, it wasn't a political thing, like you said, it was a patriotic things.

And for the site, this is a football site. It's a site for Green Bay Packers fans, it's supposed to unite the fanbase. Not saying discussions aren't welcomed, because they are, mods are very light in here, because we believe people in here don't need supervision to talk all the time.

But politics and religion only divide people. I for one do not care one bit about any of these discussions, and this is not a forum for that. I understand the feeling of wanting a section for it, but it will create too much chaos, things like that can really destroy a forum.

People don't take lightly when they come to a place to relax and talk about their team, yet there're people questioning and condemning their way of life.

Creating a section dedicated to politics and religion go to the opposite of the forum rules. It will no doubt lead to multiple personal attacks...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm done with this too. But it's not politics. It's BS. Talking about our veterans as bombers of civilians and innocents is reckless and stupid. I'd welcome opinions on the right or wrong of a military action, but to instantly degrade the actions of our service men and women to worn-out Vietnam political rhetoric is just such complete trash. It belies a narrow mind with hateful tendencies. Sorry if you disagree, my father fought in WWII, my uncle in Korea, my brother in Vietnam and my son in law did two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. None of them bombed civilians.
I get you edited my post for name calling RS, but how can someone come on here and accuse our nation of killing innocents and not be considered namecalling?
That's completely ridiculous. I think slandering the government of a free nation is far worse than calling one poster a medium sized mammal. I agree political and religious talk is for another forum, but to edit me for calling someone a swine is cheap, even silly after their tumult and hate spewed dialogue about my country.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I've watched an excellent forum go down the can as the direct result of politics being allowed...ostensibly, it started with a place to discuss 9/11 -- a place for supposed patriotism turned into a place for partisan bickering and sniping. This place is too good of a site to watch that happen again. I'd recommend that all political content be deleted without explanation and/or apology...and people who can't leave their politics at the door be invited to leave. ...and setting up a separate forum doesn't fly....the venom spills over to the football forums. As I've said, I've seen it.... nip it now.
The day this forum asks me to leave because I'm proud of our American servicemen/women and the country as a whole I'll go. I have no profound love for this forum like I do for our country. The fact that a poster can suggest our service men and women are baby killers without getting thrown off the site suggests these are very relaxed judges of content.
I will never, never sit idly by while someone takes a cheap shot at the members of our service. As one who served post Vietnam I am entitled and experienced to speak on the ups and downs of our countrymen and their relationship with our military.
To allow the ignorant postings of a person to imply that the United States is engaging in warfare for the fact of it is reckless. Civilians do get hurt in combat, but to suggest it's by design is so completely ignorant that one has to say something in case another might fall into such ignorance.
Forgive me, but I don't condone hate ideas against the military as well as anybody else. I have to wonder just once though, did this poster ever, just once, have anybody serve this country?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
What the Hell are Packcers doing, giving Obama stock and I can't buy 1 share. That's a bunch of crap!!!

Sour grapes. You should have bought it the last time they sold it. He's the president. Its not a big deal.

I have a share of stock....you know what you can do with it? Not much. You can hang it on your wall. You get to go to the stock holders meeting....which in all honesty really isn't that exciting. Lets all settle down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Right? This is being blown WAY out of proportion by a lot of people on here. This thread should be closed. Honestly.

I agree being blown way out..

Our debate about the pres getting stock is being talked about on Bretts forum..

Nothing else to talk about there I guess???

Latest posts