The Sky Is Not Falling, Packer Fans

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Our next two games are as follows:

- Detroit
- at Cleveland

We should be 4-2 after those. Grant you, this one hurts. Favre just looked so damn good. But keep it in perspective. It's 1/16 of the year. It's one loss. We get a much needed bye coming up, and then we get two games that are as close to cupcakes as the NFL has. All is not lost. So when the Favre lover in your life is bragging to you today, just remember that the season is still young and we should rebound quickly.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will give you Cleveland as a cupcake but Detroit gave Chicago quite a fit on Sunday. Do I think we beat them by all means yes but that cocky attitude got us a L when we scoffed at the Bengals.

Cleveland could still be a bad day for us as Jamal Lewis is running strong when healthy and Braylon Edwards could get a ton of catches. I just don't think we can start penciling in W's because we believe they are cupcakes.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I will give you Cleveland as a cupcake but Detroit gave Chicago quite a fit on Sunday. Do I think we beat them by all means yes but that cocky attitude got us a L when we scoffed at the Bengals.

Cleveland could still be a bad day for us as Jamal Lewis is running strong when healthy and Braylon Edwards could get a ton of catches. I just don't think we can start penciling in W's because we believe they are cupcakes.
Detroit managed to stay with Chicago for 30 minutes. They lost that game 48-24. I realize people are going to think we're terrible today, but Detroit isn't good. Not even close.

Cleveland has pretty much been the worst team in the league this year. They have awful QB play, an awful D, and I think you're overrating Jamal Lewis, especially considering what our D did to AD yesterday. So, unless you think we're the worst team in the NFL, I don't see them giving us a close game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our next two games are as follows:

- Detroit
- at Cleveland

We should be 4-2 after those. Grant you, this one hurts. Favre just looked so damn good. But keep it in perspective. It's 1/16 of the year. It's one loss. We get a much needed bye coming up, and then we get two games that are as close to cupcakes as the NFL has. All is not lost. So when the Favre lover in your life is bragging to you today, just remember that the season is still young and we should rebound quickly.
You're right. But we play Dallas, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Arizona, Seattle, Chicago... With the way we've been playing, every team is a potential loss. Right now I'm seeing 8-8, 9-7 at best. That probably won't get us the division, and a WC spot is hard. And I don't see how we're gonna improve this year.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the time we play the Vikes again, Rodgers will probably be injured and out for the year due to our terrible offensive line. Good luck Matt Flynn.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit managed to stay with Chicago for 30 minutes. They lost that game 48-24. I realize people are going to think we're terrible today, but Detroit isn't good. Not even close.

Cleveland has pretty much been the worst team in the league this year. They have awful QB play, an awful D, and I think you're overrating Jamal Lewis, especially considering what our D did to AD yesterday. So, unless you think we're the worst team in the NFL, I don't see them giving us a close game.
I do not believe we are the worst team in the NFL we have a lot of upside but the play of the o-line has been killing us. I think we might have a tough time with the Lions passing game.

ClassicBrick09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think its a tad to early to worry. Things could be a lot worst (I'm also a Falcon fan so believe me I know things could be A LOT worst lol)

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers managed 70% completion, 2 tds, and almost 400 yards despite getting smacked around all game. We have a lot to look forward too.

I still think we are a 10-6 team or better. The bye week is at a perfect time. It'll give Capers some time to tweak the defense and work on coverage and pressure issues.

The offensive line will get some work and get healthier. I don't think you'll see a huge improvement from them. But I expect the playbook to be altered to make up for it. Different blocking schemes, more rollouts and some other changes to get Rodgers in position to make plays.

If we can come within a TD of winning a game against a very good team, in which our QB nearly got murdered; then I think we can pull out some wins. Especially against teams like Arizona, SF, Cleveland, and Detroit.

The rest of the way...
vs. Det W
@ Clev W
vs. Min W
@ TB W
vs. Dal L
vs. SF W
@ Det W
vs. Balt L
@ Chi W
@ Pitt L
vs. Sea W
@ Ariz W

we'll split the SF and Dallas games. Minny we might lose again. But that's 10-6 or 11-5.

ClassicBrick09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy that The Packers, Colts and Falcons dont play each other in the regular season this year lol

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be overly worried at this point, but to think Cleveland and Detroit are just gonna let us walk in there and dominate is misguided. Both teams are desperate for more wins, and on any given Sunday.. Well, you know the rest.

We need to focus, take things one game at a time and play football. Despite our offensive line and Lee's dropped TD pass, I was quite pleased with our offensive performance. We moved the ball and the chains quite well.

As for our defense, I think we tried to blitz and get pressure, but it's tough to do when their offensive line gets away with holding on ever single play. I can't tell you how many times I saw someone with a fist full of jersey or arm bars preventing our guys from getting through. Since it never got called, it never stopped. I imagine if a few of those penalties had been called, we might have been able to put more pressure on Brett.

Either way, we managed to stay competitive and kept fighting until the final whistle despite our setbacks. I think if we can make a few adjustments to our O-line, we'll be fine.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be overly worried at this point, but to think Cleveland and Detroit are just gonna let us walk in there and dominate is misguided. Both teams are desperate for more wins, and on any given Sunday.. Well, you know the rest.

We need to focus, take things one game at a time and play football. Despite our offensive line and Lee's dropped TD pass, I was quite pleased with our offensive performance. We moved the ball and the chains quite well.

As for our defense, I think we tried to blitz and get pressure, but it's tough to do when their offensive line gets away with holding on ever single play. I can't tell you how many times I saw someone with a fist full of jersey or arm bars preventing our guys from getting through. Since it never got called, it never stopped. I imagine if a few of those penalties had been called, we might have been able to put more pressure on Brett.

Either way, we managed to stay competitive and kept fighting until the final whistle despite our setbacks. I think if we can make a few adjustments to our O-line, we'll be fine.

Thats like saying a semi with a dead battery just needs a push to get it going

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your optimism paco and hope you're right, but with the o-line and stupid play calling I say we're lucky for 9-7 and probably looking at 7-9... IMO

freeportpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are where we always seem to be,talking about our offense and defense but not living up to it.Our defense could not keep the vikes off the field,favre had all day to pick the defense apart cause the new capers blitz killer dfense did'nt get to favre and did'nt pressure favre and did'nt sack favre and could not stop their offense when we needed to.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah its rough when one of my teams are playing each other. But who ever wins I'm happy. But sad at the same time lol
I couldn't care less about those teams. I root for the Packers and the Packers only. It's just that we would get murdered if we were to face them now. Much better to play the Lions and the Browns.

Members online

Latest posts