The Official "We Love Brett Favre" thread..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Fuzznuts said:
How come we can give Greg Jennings love (and deservedly so..), but everybody gets uneasy when someone suggests that Favre gets a little too?

This is a very interesting question to me...

Granted, no one can do it alone and the team deserves some propers, but let's face it, Favre has been the x-factor throughout most of the season so far...

You all know it!

I was ALWAYS for Favre, I know hes great and have said it for the past how many years even when our team wasnt that good and people here saying we should put Rodgers in. I said NOOOOOway on that one!! I knew Favre could still play he just didnt have the talent around him to get it done.

I remember you sticking up for us who got mocked for sticking up for Favre as excuse makers. You were awesome. Never gave up on him.

Folks - this is why this thread is necessary, to undo all the trash against Farve over the summer.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Fuzznuts said:
How come we can give Greg Jennings love (and deservedly so..), but everybody gets uneasy when someone suggests that Favre gets a little too?

This is a very interesting question to me...

Granted, no one can do it alone and the team deserves some propers, but let's face it, Favre has been the x-factor throughout most of the season so far...

You all know it!

I was ALWAYS for Favre, I know hes great and have said it for the past how many years even when our team wasnt that good and people here saying we should put Rodgers in. I said NOOOOOway on that one!! I knew Favre could still play he just didnt have the talent around him to get it done.

I remember you sticking up for us who got mocked for sticking up for Favre as excuse makers. You were awesome. Never gave up on him.

Folks - this is why this thread is necessary, to undo all the trash against Farve over the summer.

Yep, that was me...:)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, Favre leads the NFL with 300.8 YPG
Brady is second with 298.4 and Romo's 3rd wtih 288.5

Brett Favre GNB 93.3 205 308 66.6 2406 300.8 7.8 13 8
Tom Brady NWE 131.8 219 299 73.2 2686 298.4 9.0 33 4
Tony Romo DAL 100.4 170 264 64.4 2308 288.5 8.7 19 10

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Brett Favre carrying this team?

My answer is a resounding YES.

Don't get me wrong. We have talent in places, and no one player can go it, or make it happen alone. That includes Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

But if it were not for the specific talents of one Brett Lorenzo Favre, the Packers wouldn't be where they find themselves today. Favre has made the plays that he's had to, and he is playing well. That's the number one reason why the Packers are where they are right now.

I find that amazing since many people (some even on this very forum) were calling for his retirement a few short months ago! Washed up..? Lost his arm strength? I think not...As Steve Young stated, "The Packers have finally put a TEAM around Brett Favre, he hasn't lost it", and I think, that you should all see by now that that is true.

I'm sure some people here even believe this would still be happening if we had Aaron Rodgers in there. But I say to those people, don't you believe it!

Nothing against Rodgers personally (he may be good someday, when his time comes), but lets give credit where credit is due. That is, to Brett Lorenzo Favre.

This team is not perfect. They are good in certain areas, but not great. People were saying we would be a top five defense this year, and we are not. Top ten...yes, perhaps. But I don't think, top five. Our running game has been suspect all year. But our pass protection has been pretty good, and our young receivers are emerging.

And all they do is win...

As the man himself said..."It's hard to doubt this team". What he's really saying, I think, is "We aren't a perfect team...we have some holes, and we are young. We make some mistakes....But it's hard to doubt this team when we find a way to win each week." And yes, maybe the fates, or destiny, has a hand in this team this year.

Here's to hoping that the magic carpet ride continues... :beer: :pals:

Here's to hoping that TT uses free agency (as Ron Wolf did) next year to make this Packer team even better, and here's to one Brett Lorenzo Favre.... :packbeer:

Don't take him for granted...because he's not going to be around for too much longer...we all know that!

But for now, Brett Favre is the Packers present, and the near future as well!

I think many have been hypercritical of Brett Lorenzo Favre lo these many years...

(Let's give the man some love..)

I wonder how Fuzznuts feels about now...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
O.k..... first full on thread I read from beginning to end tonight,... and was wondering who dug up this little gem!
*rubbing hands together and flexing fingers*

No problem Hedder! I was just speaking the truth!
Heck, Favre has given us enough good memories to last a lifetime. Hopefully he can add one more SB title to the mix!
*cough hack... hope those memories DO last a lifetime!

*wondering if this vigil is still going on.. picture the nightly meetings..candles going....

You got off lucky Zombieslayer,

I have had to read all the anti-Brett digs since the team injury riddled season a couple of years ago right through the rebuilding process and I guarantee you that I still haven't heard enough "love" from these same people who were ready to cast Brett off so easily just awhile back.

Time to man up !!! "Ingrates" :wink:

*ingrates INDEED!!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
My guess is that Favre fans would be overly generous in the "other" category now!
Fuzznuts??? Maybe the thread was started by BF himself.:haha:
Brizzilliant!!!!! :happy0005:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Oooo How many "Officially HATE BF" threads are there now??? :blink:

L

Lunchboxer

Man I love people digging up gems like these.

I wonder if Fuzznuts followed his Icon to the Jets and Viking forums.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They are replaying the 07 Giants game

Start if 4th q, Brett tosses up a duck MM is miced up and says..Why would you threw that

Members online

Latest posts