The Last Drive vs. Miami

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think "ridiculing". Might be a strong word here.. It's more like when you're outside and your buddy pees in your direction

You never seen the posts similar to these?

Nice tackling---

our def can hold them

Dom Capers is the king

That is what I call ridiculing the defense

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Does anything else in any other games this weekend come close to this or surpass it?

Nothing personal but as the NFL as a whole, the belief that Romo and the Cowboys beat the Seahawks at home was an almost similar draw dropping experience.

Lets say that drive was nothing short of amazing and I have to say Davante Adams made a brilliant decision for a rookie.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing personal but as the NFL as a whole, the belief that Romo and the Cowboys beat the Seahawks at home was an almost similar draw dropping experience.

Lets say that drive was nothing short of amazing and I have to say Davante Adams made a brilliant decision for a rookie.
Yeah, that was a good one to.
I don't like either team but right now Dallas is the lesser of the two evils. LOL
So I'm glad they broke the Sea Chicks home winning streak.
And I look forward to the time when the Sea Chicks become losers again like they were for so many years and then the 12th person (Can't believe they call it "Man" in this PC day and age.) will be silenced again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Also said he didn't tell any of the other players. I'm glad that worked out, but that's a dumb call if no one else knew... All the props in the world to Adams to realize what happened and still get OB without knowing ahead of time. If he manages to make the catch but not get OB, the game is probably over.

Mark Taucher said on the radio Brett did one like the fake spike and no one knew. Lineman did their blocking like normal

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I just watched the last drive on replay last night. One thing that jumped out to me is how close Davante came to getting pushed out of bounds after his forward momentum was lost. Had he not spun to his right to get free of the defender's grasp and lunge forward a couple steps before going out of bounds with forward momentum, the clock might not have been stopped.

It was closer to "game over" than I realized in real time. +++to Adams. Brilliant move for a rook.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also said he didn't tell any of the other players. I'm glad that worked out, but that's a dumb call if no one else knew... All the props in the world to Adams to realize what happened and still get OB without knowing ahead of time. If he manages to make the catch but not get OB, the game is probably over.
thing is if it didn't work out and the pass is incomplete, then all that happens is the loss of a down and the clock stops, same result as the spike

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the last drive on replay last night. One thing that jumped out to me is how close Davante came to getting pushed out of bounds after his forward momentum was lost. Had he not spun to his right to get free of the defender's grasp and lunge forward a couple steps before going out of bounds with forward momentum, the clock might not have been stopped.

It was closer to "game over" than I realized in real time. +++to Adams. Brilliant move for a rook.

I was yelling at the TV to get out of bounds. He scared me when he made a juke move to the inside.

He made a good play.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

c'mon. It was the "correct" move that an 8th grade football player would know to make in that situation. These guys have played football their entire lives. The notion that it's "brilliant" for him to know the game is going to end unless he gets out of bounds is silly. You, me, and 10 million watching knew he needed to get out of bounds and trust me, many of those people are not "brilliant".

PFanCan

Reaction score
c'mon. It was the "correct" move that an 8th grade football player would know to make in that situation. These guys have played football their entire lives. The notion that it's "brilliant" for him to know the game is going to end unless he gets out of bounds is silly. You, me, and 10 million watching knew he needed to get out of bounds and trust me, many of those people are not "brilliant".

I was differentiating between going out of bounds after possibly losing forward momentum and fighting to ensure that he goes out of bounds with a more definite forward momentum. One stops the clock while the former risks the referee keeping the clock running.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was differentiating between going out of bounds after possibly losing forward momentum and fighting to ensure that he goes out of bounds with a more definite forward momentum. One stops the clock while the former risks the referee keeping the clock running.

I know. It's just kind of a pet peeve of mine when I hear broadcasters and sports reporters say "That was a brilliant and heads up play for a rookie!"

No, it wasn't really... I knew that when I was 12 years old. It's almost insulting to the athlete that reporters actually think they are so stupid that they don't know what millions watching know.

PFanCan

Reaction score
I know. It's just kind of a pet peeve of mine when I hear broadcasters and sports reporters say "That was a brilliant and heads up play for a rookie!"
No, it wasn't really... I knew that when I was 12 years old. It's almost insulting to the athlete that reporters actually think they are so stupid that they don't know what millions watching know.

Fair enough.

On the flip side, my pet peeve is when these same high-level professionals seem to not know what to do at times. How many game-ending INTs have you seen where the defender with the ball tries to run it back? I've seen a few too many. I guess the adrenaline and instinct to run just takes over...

In fact, in last Sunday's game, the veteran Peppers picked up the ball on the last play and ran until tackled, rather than just falling on it and ending the game on the spot.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you...or here is one. I remember the "rule" years ago was, you DO NOT fair catch inside the 10 yard line. It was a rule that was talked about and understood. What ever happened to that? Now, every single game guys fair catch inside the 10.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch this closely. Watch it a few times. You tell me if this doesn't look like a fake movie clip of a break away run.

Watch how this world class athlete starts flailing his arms like a shot bird rather than run down the runner. Watch the guy that closes to ****erson's right. He can clearly be seen slowing down before failing in line behind ****erson.

No, I don't think the league is fixed.... but I think we'd be silly to think nobody in the league ever threw a game.

Anyway... this clip just looks really odd to me. Let me know what you think.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One can over-run their balance as the first defender did in the video. I've seen it and I've done it. You are actually moving/running faster than you legs and feet can keep up with, usually because your calves propel you a little more. That throws off your balance and you start to fall forward. It's not common but also not something that doesn't legitimately happen sometimes. ****erson looked like he was shot from a cannon so those guys were really moving to keep up.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Every week I see the pros screw up obvious situations , such as clock management. They're human ,too.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every week I see the pros screw up obvious situations , such as clock management. They're human ,too.

totally agree... not my point...my point was simply that these guys have played this game since they were kids and it shouldn't be considered "brilliant" that any of them, even rookies, understand the rules and game dynamics. that's all I was saying.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
totally agree... not my point...my point was simply that these guys have played this game since they were kids and it shouldn't be considered "brilliant" that any of them, even rookies, understand the rules and game dynamics. that's all I was saying.

Agree 100%. But man, some of the stuff I see boggles the mind.:)

Members online

Latest posts