The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I whole heartedly agree with your logic there...it doesn't work in all cases. 99 billion served at McDonald's certainly doesn't mean its good food

But qb wins isn't a useless stat. Its similar to pitcher wins in baseball. Yes Aaron Rodgers went 6 and 10 in his first year as a starter. And qb wins didnt mean sht cuz you could see that the qb did enough to win but the rest of the team didnt. Over a larger sample size, what happened? Rodgers qb win/loss record improved dramatically which coincided with him becoming one of the greatest to ever play the game
It’s largely useless. Over time, as a volume stat, it can show more value, but in general, meh.

Matthew Stafford, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning, Brock Purdy, Justin Herbert could all be examples of how QB wins can understate and overrate a QB.

The Eagles won more than the Chargers. Is any logical person taking Jalen Hurts over Herbert? I sure wouldn’t. Stafford was viewed as a loser before he went to the Rams. He was the same QB there as he was in Detroit but with a better coach and talent around him, but now people view him as an elite QB who can win games. He was always that guy, just stuck on a crap team. Even Jared Goff! Couldn’t do crap under Fisher, solid with McVay, been good with Detroit, but is anybody taking him over Herbert? I doubt it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s largely useless. Over time, as a volume stat, it can show more value, but in general, meh.

Matthew Stafford, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning, Brock Purdy, Justin Herbert could all be examples of how QB wins can understate and overrate a QB.

The Eagles won more than the Chargers. Is any logical person taking Jalen Hurts over Herbert? I sure wouldn’t. Stafford was viewed as a loser before he went to the Rams. He was the same QB there as he was in Detroit but with a better coach and talent around him, but now people view him as an elite QB who can win games. He was always that guy, just stuck on a crap team. Even Jared Goff! Couldn’t do crap under Fisher, solid with McVay, been good with Detroit, but is anybody taking him over Herbert? I doubt it.
Probably why several folks have said
Definitely don't think it's a useless stat, it just doesn't exist in a vaccuum.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Herbert will end up with more wins in the long run I'll bet

Stafford was considered to be an above average qb while in Detroit

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Brady versus Rodgers? Rodgers had better stats, but was he the better quarterback? I used to think so, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Brady was more clutch, give him the ball on one last drive in a big game. He seemed to have some sort of intangible that made him a great leader, and made guys want to play for him. And I know he had the benefit of Belichick's defenses, but it's hard to fault a guy with seven rings. I mean, that's so insane, it's like it's not even possible.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well now that its been over a week, I thought about J Love and where I hope he can improve in 24. The eye test for me was two things. First in Playoff football...from the Bears game forward i would of liked to see Love use his feet more to get out of jams. He is very athletic and could be a key chain mover in critical moments. Look at early Rodgers he extended drives many times when you had to have it. Another was Purdy killing the Lions late with scampers. I think year two of Love we will see more of this. Second Love's deep ball, overall it looks to me he has to go a tick sooner and or take a little bit of rainbow out of it. to many times guys had to slow up or jump ball the catch. I cant even think of one in stride catch deep for a TD....maybe wrong there. I think year two with the WR this works better too.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked this...

Attachments

• RDT_20240204_061654840354747507776651.png
    RDT_20240204_061654840354747507776651.png
    819.2 KB · Views: 19

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score