1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The common thread.............

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digsthepack, Mar 15, 2006.

1. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after years of watching Packers' defenders functioning as turnstyles, I can see one very specific and important quality in Kampmann, Pickett and Manuel. They are all exceptional tacklers who may not be flashy, but don't let their prey get past them, or miss them entirely by taking bad angles.

Thank you TT, you appear to be selecting FOOTBALL PLAYERS instead of fabulous athletes who dabble in the sport.

2. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Do my eyes deceive me did some one otehr then Trom compliment TT wow wow. nice job.

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    LOL - you guys kill me....

But, I agree with the original post - waaay too often we've watched our guys grab the opponents by the shoulders and find themselves dragged almost to the goal line (and over it?). Or they swing their arm out there, and hook dead air. With me, at the TV screen "screaming" FUNDAMENTALS.... I've drank my share of beers out pf pure frustration watchin' the Packers lose on just that score.

It's about damn time, we got some smarts on Defense....

Now, for that :beer:

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    wait...whats going on in this thread? Am I in Bizzaro world?!

5. gado35

gado35 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think A.J. Hawk is a great tackler

6. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Prez somethimes I think the ones that got the beer are the defense players, it seemed they where unable to tackle a 90 years old fat nun walking with one leg tied to the other!!!

7. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe Thompson is on to something...maybe he recognizes all the games we lose at home. The season before he took over the Vikings were up 21-0 thanks to a bunch of missed tackles (not like that's the only example but) and he wants guys who will help us win those types of games that are low scoring, late in the season at Lambeau, where we dont win anymore...

8. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now all we need are lb's that can start this season who don't miss tackles....if we sign ben taylor, that's a start, but do u see Taylor being our middle linebacker....becausse I don't and he's too slow on the outside....I think this is just adding depth, until Poppinga comes back...luckily the draft will provide some beasts for this position....

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey - who let you in here? --- this was a private party.....

10. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice..... I have images of Green Bay's not-so-better moments...

Where's NFL Films...?