The Catch.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking at some of the old Packers playoff loses...and there are three plays that hurt my soul to this day :(

1.The T.O. Catch 1998
2. The Fitzgerald catch 2015
3. The Kearse catch 2014

The Kearse catch still hurts to even think about...we were going to the SB...and blew it!!! That's probably the worse playoff loss in Packers history...regular season included. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't go there right now. Too close to a big playoff game..
I'm just replaying Raji diving into the enzone over and over and over. I really hope we have a designed play at the 1 yard line that features a guy like Mike Daniels following his FB with a double TE set to take tripping him in the backfield out of the equation.
Let's do this !!!

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking at some of the old Packers playoff loses...and there are three plays that hurt my soul to this day :(

1.The T.O. Catch 1998
2. The Fitzgerald catch 2015
3. The Kearse catch 2014

The Kearse catch still hurts to even think about...we were going to the SB...and blew it!!! That's probably the worse playoff loss in Packers history...regular season included. What do you guys think?

The Kearse catch was the equivalent of shooting an already dead duck. I knew that game was over after Seattle won the toss. Ditto Arizona.

The Favre interception vs Giants, TO Catch, Bostitch stand out.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Letting Davis score so we'd get the ball back with time on the clock. Then finding out Holmgren lost track of the down.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not playing in the game on Sunday, so my brain can explore all topics.

I'm with LV. 4th & 26 was just a killer. If I were a Bears fan though it would be either the Instant Replay Game or BJ Raji's pick six. If I were a Steelers fan it would be Jennings catching the slant in the 4th quarter of the SB, or Clay's forced fumble, or Collins INT return. If I were a Seahawks fan, it would be Al Harris' pick six, or Brett Favre's underhand pass to Bubba Franks. If I were a Patriots fan, it would be Howards KR for a TD. If I were a Falcons fan, it would be Tramon's pick six before halftime. If I were a Eagles fan, it would be Tramon's game-ending INT.

I don't know, I feel better already :D

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not playing in the game on Sunday, so my brain can explore all topics.

I'm with LV. 4th & 26 was just a killer. If I were a Bears fan though it would be either the Instant Replay Game or BJ Raji's pick six. If I were a Steelers fan it would be Jennings catching the slant in the 4th quarter of the SB, or Clay's forced fumble, or Collins INT return. If I were a Seahawks fan, it would be Al Harris' pick six, or Brett Favre's underhand pass to Bubba Franks. If I were a Patriots fan, it would be Howards KR for a TD. If I were a Falcons fan, it would be Tramon's pick six before halftime. If I were a Eagles fan, it would be Tramon's game-ending INT.

I don't know, I feel better already :D
And if you were a Browns fan it would be
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing in the playoffs when you are not a legitimate SB contender isn't so bad. In 2007 the Packers would have not fared well against NE without a dominant d line. So when the game against the Giants went into OT, I told my buddy that the Packers were going to win the toss and Favre would throw a pick on his first pass sealing the deal. Now I'm not Nostradamus. Winning the toss is 50,50. Brett throwing a big pick is almost as sure as the sun coming up in the morning. That lose saved the Packers from a devastating SB loss. I didn't think any of Sherman's teams were legitimate Condenders either. What really hurt was T.O.'s catch in 1998. That was a killer. While the Packers were a wild card that year they still had Reggie and Butler.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing in the playoffs when you are not a legitimate SB contender isn't so bad. In 2007 the Packers would have not fared well against NE without a dominant d line. So when the game against the Giants went into OT, I told my buddy that the Packers were going to win the toss and Favre would throw a pick on his first pass sealing the deal. Now I'm not Nostradamus. Winning the toss is 50,50. Brett throwing a big pick is almost as sure as the sun coming up in the morning. That lose saved the Packers from a devastating SB loss. I didn't think any of Sherman's teams were legitimate Condenders either. What really hurt was T.O.'s catch in 1998. That was a killer. While the Packers were a wild card that year they still had Reggie and Butler.
I still can't get over the Jerry Rice non called fumble that would have ended that game.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have had some excruciating losses: SB 32, the catch II, 4TH &26, OT loss to Giants, OT loss in Arizona 1, 49ers loss in 2014, last two years. I'd say we're cursed. At least we won a SB this decade.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Seattle loss was the worse. Up by 16 with a HOF QB and you lose. Nothing will top that. Not even SB loss.

They had that on NFL Network as the worst playoff loss of all time. The play that still irks me is how the heck Haha didn't knock down that 2 point conversion. More so than the onside kick.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had that on NFL Network as the worst playoff loss of all time. The play that still irks me is how the heck Haha didn't knock down that 2 point conversion. More so than the onside kick.

The fake punt ( How you can't see it coming...l don't know), going down on the interception too. I don't know for certain we beat the Patriots. Would've been fun to have the opportunity to find out..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The interception... He had a future HOF telling him to go down..

I wish people would STOP bringing that up as a reason why they lost.. That had nothing at all to do with the loss

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4th and 26 and the debacle in Seattle have got to be the top 2. Hard to compare the 2 because one ☝️ is much more recent. Both games should have been easy GB wins. Both became losses because of multiple player miscues and HORRIBLE coaching. I hope I never experience such wrenching loses again!!

Reaction score
2007? Really??
Although we would've obviously been a clear underdog to an undefeated 16-0 squad. That year the GB Defense ranked #2 in Points Allowed in the NFC. The only team to beat us was Tampa Bay and we out scored them by 100 points! I think it would've been very, very similar to the Giants outcome.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll blame the 98 loss to SF on Holmgren. They called a timeout on like the SF 12 yard line with about 2:10 remaining right before they scored the go-ahead TD. Why do you call timeout there? Ridiculous.

We definitely could have won the SB in 2003. Jake Freaking Delhomme put up 29 points against the Patriots.

HaHa should never be forgiven for the 2 point conversion. How do you give up a hail mary on a 2 point conversion???

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The interception... He had a future HOF telling him to go down..

I wish people would STOP bringing that up as a reason why they lost.. That had nothing at all to do with the loss

I disagree. He might have scored or at least got way further down field. Plenty of green in front of him. IMO,it was a factor in losing that game.

Members online

Latest posts