The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be worst for us, what if we had Matt Ryan, or Mitch Trubisky, they’ll be some time for some Love but not now! Arod is the guy I believe can take us all the way to a SB win...

If the front office makes sure they keep adding weapons around Rodgers he can 100% lead the Packers to the next 4 super bowls...even if they keep doing the weapons thing how they have been he is still capable of it...but go back to the draft a wr in the 2nd round every other year and things will set up really nicely for Packers to compete for super bowl thru this season and the next 3 then it's either love time or if Rodgers wants to keep going, time to trade love

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has never had 4 consecutive games at any point in the same season with QBR's of 85 or above.

His QBR's through 4 games this season?

He leads the league at 92.8 for the season.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has never had 4 consecutive games at any point in the same season with QBR's of 85 or above.

His QBR's through 4 games this season?

He leads the league at 92.8 for the season.
The news of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He’s been absolutely brilliant and clearly is having a lot of fun. The change in attitude and demeanor is very noticeable. I highly recommend he continue to fly solo and not complicate his life.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But to those who were spreading it, thank you because like a lot of people when you tell Rodgers he can't do something he does it just because you said he couldn't...

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playing great! that stumble looked bad...the way that left leg was extended and kind of jammed the ground. initially thought left hip. could have been an acl but that bullet was dodged. then we saw him holding his foot. no one on the sideline seemed too concerned. hopefully he got lucky.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playing great! that stumble looked bad...the way that left leg was extended and kind of jammed the ground. initially thought left hip. could have been an acl but that bullet was dodged. then we saw him holding his foot. no one on the sideline seemed too concerned. hopefully he got lucky.

That was the one part of his play that did concern me coming into this year. He has done a better job of not taking as many sacks or trying to evade them like he did in the past. But sometimes that old vintage Rodgers spirit still takes hold of him like it did on that one play. He definitely has to be aware that he's not a young spring chicken anymore and play with more self preservation in mind. Fortunately we got a bye week and hopefully time to make sure he didnt damage his knee or ACL.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That was the one part of his play that did concern me coming into this year. He has done a better job of not taking as many sacks or trying to evade them like he did in the past. But sometimes that old vintage Rodgers spirit still takes hold of him like it did on that one play. He definitely has to be aware that he's not a young spring chicken anymore and play with more self preservation in mind. Fortunately we got a bye week and hopefully time to make sure he didnt damage his knee or ACL.

I wouldn't want #12 to change because of that one play. It's a play he has made countless times in his career. On that particular play, there just happened to be a defensive player that had beaten his man and was standing right there when Aaron turned to avoid the rush from the other side. As long as he keeps making good decisions, doesn't throw picks and hangs on to the ball, he has to trust his OL and not suddenly develop the yips for fear of them not doing their job.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
His footwork wasn’t clean on that play. I think the bad decision was the scramble up the middle late in the game where he didn’t get down quick enough and took a hit for it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exaggerated maybe, but there certainly was decline. I'm glad to see that he turned things around. Maybe it was shedding that Bears fan from his life, maybe it was watching 2010 game film, or maybe he started eating dairy again. Whatever it is has clearly had a positive impact on his play this season.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest flaw in his play this year is no interceptions. He still doesn't take enough changes. Protects the ball too much. He needs to be more of a gunslinger

In seriousness his play has been terrific. His touch is much better this year. His feel is the pocket is better - in part because the oline has been terrific. He just looks so much more comfortable

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest flaw in his play this year is no interceptions. He still doesn't take enough changes. Protects the ball too much. He needs to be more of a gunslinger

In seriousness his play has been terrific. His touch is much better this year. His feel is the pocket is better - in part because the oline has been terrific. He just looks so much more comfortable
Yes, that pass to Mercedes for a TD had a lot of touch on it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Interesting Stat.

Aaron Rodgers has never completed a TD pass to a 1st round WR, not even sure if he has even thrown to one? I doubt it, since Javon Walker was the last 1st round WR on the Packers roster that I can think of and he went down with a knee injury in the first game of the 2005 season.

In his career, Rodgers has completed 2 TD passes to a 1st round player, but that player is Mercedes Lewis (not drafted by the Packers) and a TE.

Other QB's: Peyton Manning 293, Tom Brady 106

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting Stat.

Aaron Rodgers has never completed a TD pass to a 1st round WR, not even sure if he has even thrown to one? I doubt it, since Javon Walker was the last 1st round WR on the Packers roster that I can think of and he went down with a knee injury in the first game of the 2005 season.

In his career, Rodgers has completed 2 TD passes to a 1st round player, but that player is Mercedes Lewis (not drafted by the Packers) and a TE.

Other QB's: Peyton Manning 293, Tom Brady 106

Do TD passes to first round WR’s count for more points?

For the majority of his career, Rodgers has had fantastic WR’s. Only recently has the depth at the position declined.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, 2017? Adams, Cobb, Nelson, Bennett...sure looked really good on paper.
Paper maybe. Nelson was about done, Bennett was a pos and not a wide receiver. Cobb was OK but definitely not living up to his contract... and their was no one in the pipeline to replace them. Frankly Imo when you have a HOF QB pretty much every other draft should have a first or second round WR in it. Not all of them are going to pay off... but that is true no matter the position....How many defensive backs have we drafted that have not for example. I know many are going to start lecturing me on the value of those first and second round picks... don’t bother ... I can come up with a list a mile long of wasted 1st and 2nd round picks... starting with the most recent draft....

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paper maybe. Nelson was about done, Bennett was a pos and not a wide receiver. Cobb was OK but definitely not living up to his contract... and their was no one in the pipeline to replace them. Frankly Imo when you have a HOF QB pretty much every other draft should have a first or second round WR in it. Not all of them are going to pay off... but that is true no matter the position....How many defensive backs have we drafted that have not for example. I know many are going to start lecturing me on the value of those first and second round picks... don’t bother ... I can come up with a list a mile long of wasted 1st and 2nd round picks... starting with the most recent draft....

We disagree on a lot, and well, I should probably just keep it at that.

FWIW, since you said Nelson was about done...the year prior he went for 97/1250/14.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly Imo when you have a HOF QB pretty much every other draft should have a first or second round WR in it.
Ron Wolf said his biggest regret was not getting Favre more weapons. I wonder what regrets will be associated with Rodgers?