The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

I was mistaken, not a week off, but they had the day off. How you spend that day off is no one's business. So they chose to enjoy themselves on their DAY OFF. Let me guess they should've been in their books and studying tape right, even though they had and I cannot emphasize this enough, DAY OFF. It's not how I would've spent my day off, but again I don't see how this affected the rest of their week of practice, let alone a game. It's not like they did this the night before the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry but if you don't understand what's wrong with flying from New York to Miami to party in the week leading up to a playoff game then there's no reason to talk to you about it moving forward.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't typically see guys like OBJ "mature" they simply become more of what they already are. Attention seeking, flamboyant, me first blame the world type people. When he goes and turns someone into a winner, I'll get off my high horse. How's that? when he doesn't what will do?
By your logic you wouldn't have liked Deon "Primetime" Sanders and he was as flamboyant as they get. Let's not forget the problems "The Playmaker" had in Irvin, just to name a few and these guys helped contribute to wins. Hell Chris Carter is another one who had to leave his previous team and got his act together when playing for Minnesota.

you can't be serious with this. you don't see how hopping on a plane to another state to drink it up and party on a boat affects performance? LOL, I practiced after a night of partying, I promise you I wasn't as sharp as if I hadn't. and you play like you practice. one thing that was evident, the party didn't help them did it?

You just get done with a game, how about you focus on getting your body ready for the next week on your day off? I'd take a win and advance or lose and go home game a bit more seriously, but that's me and obviously not OBJ.
Ok let's assume you're correct and they had an off practice the following day. That is plausible.

They still had the rest of the week to practice. You mean to tell me that that one boat trip, affected their entire week of practice as well as their game on Sunday? Again it's not like when our players went partying last year on the night before the game against The Chargers, and we got our butts kicked, they had several days to get it in gear. So you're telling me 1 day, in which you had the day off affected their entire week of practice? They didn't get in trouble or anything, it's again the media that made a huge speculation of this. So I'll ask you guys again if they hadn't gone on the boat trip on their day off and played as sorry as they did that Sunday what would the excuse have been? I respectfully disagree.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but if you don't understand what's wrong with flying from New York to Miami to party in the week leading up to a playoff game then there's no reason to talk to you about it moving forward.
And with respect it seems you can't comprehend that they did this on their DAY OFF. In which they did get permission by the team to do so. They still had the entire week to practice, it's not like they ditched practice or anything. How do you know that none of our players have done that in the past?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By your logic you wouldn't have liked Deon "Primetime" Sanders and he was as flamboyant as they get. Let's not forget the problems "The Playmaker" had in Irvin, just to name a few and these guys helped contribute to wins. Hell Chris Carter is another one who had to leave his previous team and got his act together when playing for Minnesota.

Ok let's assume you're correct and they had an off practice the following day. That is plausible.

They still had the rest of the week to practice. You mean to tell me that that one boat trip, affected their entire week of practice as well as their game on Sunday? Again it's not like when our players went partying last year on the night before the game against The Chargers, and we got our butts kicked, they had several days to get it in gear. So you're telling me 1 day, in which you had the day off affected their entire week of practice? They didn't get in trouble or anything, it's again the media that made a huge speculation of this. So I'll ask you guys again if they hadn't gone on the boat trip on their day off and played as sorry as they did that Sunday what would the excuse have been? I respectfully disagree.
Deon was nothing like OBJ. He may have been flamboyant, but he was also focused. Irvin was carried by a team. he made nobody great. Chris Carter had a lot happen before college and during. Getting axed from Philly was a wake up call. and still all he did was catch footballs. Never turned a team into a winner OBJ will still catch footballs. when he turns someone into a winner, let me know.

D

Deleted member 6794

And with respect it seems you can't comprehend that they did this on their DAY OFF. In which they did get permission by the team to do so. They still had the entire week to practice, it's not like they ditched practice or anything.

I don't care they had a day off. That's definitely not the way I want my team to prepare for a playoff game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you tell me why they played so poorly, in particular OBJ 4 for 28. Must have been the lockdown coverage of Ladarius Gunter LOL

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deon was nothing like OBJ. He may have been flamboyant, but he was also focused. Irvin was carried by a team. he made nobody great. Chris Carter had a lot happen before college and during. Getting axed from Philly was a wake up call. and still all he did was catch footballs. Never turned a team into a winner OBJ will still catch footballs. when he turns someone into a winner, let me know.
I agree with most of what you said, but let's be fair here. They did play on winning franchises that had strong leadership, with coaching and other players. You think they would've been highly received had they not won, or was on sorry franchises and did this?

I see I'm on the losing side of this and I REALLY am not trying to fight you guys, and it's clear I'm not going to change your minds on this, but I do believe if OBJ was put in a good culture like us, or somewhere like a NE or Sea, with a proven QB I think you'd see a change for the better. I'm pretty confident he would buy in upon seeing the team winning. Plus considering it's his 3rd team, and probably the best chances of winning a ring, let alone any other team being interested in him, I think he'd shape up.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you tell me why they played so poorly, in particular OBJ 4 for 28. Must have been the lockdown coverage of Ladarius Gunter LOL
I find it hard to believe that they had a bad game simply because they went on a boat on their day off, when they had all week to prepare. He just had a bad game, plus it was his first playoff appearance. Then with the combination of the media harping on him for what he did on his day off, wanting to play well to get everyone off his back, and this being his first playoff game, I can see that being a more plausible explanation, than simply him being on a boat. Plus players have bad games. We've seen this before. Remember what happened to us when we got bounced out by the Giants in 2011? We had a bad game all around. It happens.

Plus the guy was 24 years old at the time. As if we hadn't made some bad choices at that age.

D

Deleted member 6794

I see I'm on the losing side of this and I REALLY am not trying to fight you guys, and it's clear I'm not going to change your minds on this, but I do believe if OBJ was put in a good culture like us, or somewhere like a NE or Sea, with a proven QB I think you'd see a change for the better. I'm pretty confident he would buy in upon seeing the team winning. Plus considering it's his 3rd team, and probably the best chances of winning a ring, let alone any other team being interested in him, I think he'd shape up.

It's possible that a change of scenery ends up working out for both OBJ and the team acquiring him but in most cases that hasn't happened with players like him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that they had a bad game simply because they went on a boat on their day off, when they had all week to prepare. He just had a bad game, plus it was his first playoff appearance. Then with the combination of the media harping on him for what he did on his day off, wanting to play well to get everyone off his back, and this being his first playoff game, I can see that being a more plausible explanation, than simply him being on a boat. Plus players have bad games. We've seen this before. Remember what happened to us when we got bounced out by the Giants in 2011? We had a bad game all around. It happens.
you're probably right

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus considering it's his 3rd team, and probably the best chances of winning a ring, let alone any other team being interested in him, I think he'd shape up.
see, that's the problem with players like him. Everything has to be good, and even then it can't be too good or he goes and does what he wants anyway. When things get tough, like they do in the NFL they revert to what they are. It's easy to be good when everything is good. It's how you are when it isn't that separates the men from little boys. I just don't see OBJ becoming a man.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but NFL players have to be aware the media picks up a story like that in a heartbeat.
I agree. But he didn't think it would blow up like it did. Please understand you guys I GET where you guys are coming from, and I certainly wouldn't have done it if I was in his shoes. (I would sleep in tbh). But what I'm saying is let's not write off the possibility that he can't change himself for the better if he was on a better franchise. That's all.

see, that's the problem with players like him. Everything has to be good, and even then it can't be too good or he goes and does what he wants anyway. When things get tough, like they do in the NFL they revert to what they are. It's easy to be good when everything is good. It's how you are when it isn't that separates the men from little boys. I just don't see OBJ becoming a man.
That's beauty of when you become older, you typically become wiser as you go or supposed to anyways lol. Maybe I'm an optimist and try to see the good in everyone, but I do think he would change for the better. He'd be playing with Aaron freaking Rodgers, and have someone like Adams, and plus the other leadership in the locker room. We've seen troubled players turn it around in NE. Who's to say he couldn't do the same here in GB? I'm just saying let's not write off that possibility.

Again I wouldn't because of the cap, but if he came for cheap, I wouldn't write off that possibility, his talent certainly warrants a look. That's all guys. I'm really not trying to fight you guys, I guess I see the glass half full is all.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree. But he didn't think it would blow up like it did. Please understand you guys I GET where you guys are coming from, and I certainly wouldn't have done it if I was in his shoes. (I would sleep in tbh). But what I'm saying is let's not write off the possibility that he can't change himself for the better if he was on a better franchise. That's all.

First of all OBJ should have known better that a story like that gets blown up.

As mentioned repeatedly I don't want a player not focusing on football in the week leading up to a playoff game on the Packers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's beauty of when you become older, you typically become wiser as you go or supposed to anyways lol. Maybe I'm an optimist and try to see the good in everyone, but I do think he would change for the better. He'd be playing with Aaron freaking Rodgers, and have someone like Adams, and plus the other leadership in the locker room. We've seen troubled players turn it around in NE. Who's to say he couldn't do the same here in GB? I'm just saying let's not write off that possibility.

Again I wouldn't because of the cap, but if he came for cheap, I wouldn't write off that possibility, his talent certainly warrants a look. That's all guys. I'm really not trying to fight you guys, I guess I see the glass half full is all.
If he was here, I'd hope for the best. I don't think he'd fall in behind Adams, because I think he thinks he's above that. But take a guy like Adams. A guy with a little success and then a season where almost 80K strong were boo'ing him out of a stadium. He had the mental toughness to work thru that. You know how hard that is? I probably couldn't have done it, but he did. I'd stand with a guy like that any day. OBJ has all the talent in the world, that much is obvious. It's the other part i'm not sure he has.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Partying in Miami less than a week before a playoff game on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field wasn't the smartest decision ever.

Yes, it was "technically" their off day, but as Kurt Warner and many other highly respected former players correctly pointed out, it's the playoffs. You have all offseason to go where you want to go. For the potentially 4-5 weeks that is the playoffs, you lock in. Go to the facilities. Get extra treatment. Get a head start on the film. You do something that's productive to get your team ready to win.

Did they lose because of this? Probably not. But OBJ and Sterling Shepard collectively dropped a few balls they normally haul in early in that game. And beyond that, it just set the wrong tone for the entire team. You've got every other position group locking in and getting ready for the Packers in freezing temperatures, but you've got the receivers soaking up some Miami sun.

It's indefensible.

As an aside, the receivers proceeded to trot out to pregame warm ups shirtless as if to say "we don't care how cold it is and it doesn't matter what we did early in the week". Yeah, and then you got pantsed when the ball went in the air.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh right, The Giants who's organization is a complete joke right now, and had laughable coaching, and the Cleveland organization...Need I say more, and you're basing it off those two? Gimme a break dude. Put him in a winning culture and with a good FO and HC, let alone QB and I'm pretty he would shape up. Again he has NOT done anything that's isn't fixable. I certainly haven't heard anything from him this past offseason or this past week.

Who said anything about Bryant? I clearly said OBJ. And if OBJ helped us win football games and proved not to be the headcase as most of you guys are implying, because heaven forbid people can change for the better. Again my thing is I wouldn't bring him in because of the money issue, but if he were to come in on cheap I don't see the harm in trying him out, especially IF none of our receivers pan out.

But I'll leave it at that as we've strayed off topic long enough.
Your right, my bad for ... apparently my brain got stuck in a time warp or something. Anyway .... I am not in favor of bringing in OBJ either. You are right that there is a chance that he could excel in Green Bay. Personally I doubt it.. and don’t believe that the risk is worth it. He has never been a mature player and don’t think the Packers’ locker room needs a distraction no matter how minor you want to characterize his antics.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of people and experts have said it. Rodgers looks better and what we are used to seeing .

Is it a coincidence the squats and strengthening his legs was the key?

Or is it he just is playing and trusting into the system more?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people and experts have said it. Rodgers looks better and what we are used to seeing .

Is it a coincidence the squats and strengthening his legs was the key?

Or is it he just is playing and trusting into the system more?
I just think he is throwing the ball better. He said he saw something from a couple years back...maybe he did. His attitude looks better to me. Of course, scoring, converting 3rd downs and being 2-0 helps that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just think he is throwing the ball better. He said he saw something from a couple years back...maybe he did. His attitude looks better to me. Of course, scoring, converting 3rd downs and being 2-0 helps that.
It was his legs he said he worked on leg strength

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very disappointed to see AA Ron throw a hissy fit when MLF called that time out on sunday. It's his poor attitude and bad sportsmanship moments like that that will make it easier for me to accept when he leaves in a couple years

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very disappointed to see AA Ron throw a hissy fit when MLF called that time out on sunday. It's his poor attitude and bad sportsmanship moments like that that will make it easier for me to accept when he leaves in a couple years
Any QB worth a **** that sees a TD play and runs it only to have the play stopped as he throws the ball is going to react in that moment. Every single one of them

Members online

Latest posts