The 2019 Dantés Draft Thread

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Honestly, people could reorder that top 6 any which way and I really wouldn't argue too much.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I absolutely do not understand having Gary over Oliver. Oliver has had a year that was as productive as Gary's career!

Gary is a speciman, but he hasn't produced like it. I just don't see it, personally. And when I hear reports that he wants to play on the edge instead of inside, it makes me less inclined to like him.

Btw, the Josh Allen tape against Penn State is top notch stuff if you haven't watched it.

Brian Burns is going to weigh in at 245-250, and then you'll want him. He's a stud.

I think my top wants at 12 are Q Williams, Oliver, and J Williams. Day 1 studs.

Maybe because Oliver is a big baby and isn't close to his listed 290 pounds. He lacks strength and is undersized.

Geez, I wonder what this cry baby would do at Lambeau in the freezing cold.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lacks strength? Undersized?

Where on Earth are you getting this from? Links?

Here is one and there are many more. This guy is a tweener size wise. He played at Houston and was almost invisible in big games. Take into consideration his attitude issues which he put on display for the entire world to see and he has Bust written all over him.

Picking this guy at 12 would be all in one confirmation why the Packers are horrible drafting defense.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019EOliver.php

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That's the problem. He isn't a true 290. Try like closer to 270.

No way I would take this guy at 12.

Well... if he really is 270 then that's obviously an issue. He's listed at 290. And the beauty is we get to find out! :tup:

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here is one and there are many more. This guy is tweener size wise. He played at Houston and was almost invisible in big games. Take into consideration his attitude issues which he put on display for the entire world to see and he has Bust written all over him.

Picking this guy at 12 would be all in one confirmation why the Packers are horrible drafting defense.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019EOliver.php

Oliver has played 8 games against teams that were either P5, ranked, or both. He had 13.5 TFL in those 8 games. So "invisible in big games" is a puzzling comment.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Oliver has played 8 games against teams that were either P5, ranked, or both. He had 13.5 TFL in those 8 games. So "invisible in big games" is a puzzling comment.

What's "puzzling' is you guys are running out of defensive guys to pick at 12 despite all this defensive top heavy talent in this draft people keep telling me there is. :eek:

If the Packers are that fixated on taking someone that will make sense at 12 on that side of the ball the best bet is Christian Wilkins or D. White if he drops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What's "puzzeling' is you guys are running out of defensive guys to pick at 12 despite all this defensive top heavy talent in this draft people keep telling me there is. :eek:

If the Packers are that fixated on taking someone that will make sense at 12 on that side of the ball the best bet is Christian Wilkins or D. White if he drops.

Cut the ********, Brandon. You know good and well I've been talking about plenty of offensive prospects. You can get over me liking someone you don't.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's "puzzling' is you guys are running out of defensive guys to pick at 12 despite all this defensive top heavy talent in this draft people keep telling me there is. :eek:

My last mock I had us taking Jonah Williams at 12.

Now unless a lot of crazy **** has gone on lately, I'm quite positive he doesn't play defense.

Your narrative that nobody wants offense at 12 is again, all in your head.

Reaction score
I read an article where Lance Zierlein was saying Spriggs was projected as an exterior lineman during the draft but could also play Guard. I wonder why we don’t slide him inside to Bell’s old spot? He could easily put on 15lbs on his frame and still be one of the more athletic guys. I mean he ran a 4.9X40, 114” broad jump and 31 reps at the combine. He was one of the more athletic lineman coming into the draft.

It would allow us some more competition at G and the ability to focus on getting a top 5-10 or so OT this year without compromising other positions of need.
I just think we already have some good talent in McCray and Spriggs. We’re also assuming Cole Madison is done but the last we heard his agent said that may only be for 2018. There’s an outside chance he’ll pop back into the scene.

Im still leaning OG, but the more I look at our current roster the more variations of options I see.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This OL class is deep, but not overly talented. I like Jonah Williams, but when there are so many quality OL who are getting pushed down because of defensive talent, why "reach"? I believe there will be plenty of OL going from Rounds 3-5 that will push the current roster for time. If we can trade back from 12 to 17 or 18, we could go OL as soon as the 2nd Round.

Here's some guys I could see still available from Rounds 3-5:

Tytus Howard
Bobby Evans
Ross Pierschbacher
Elgton Jenkins
Garrett Brumfield
Lester Cotton
Dru Samia
Isaiah Prince

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We’re also assuming Cole Madison is done but the last we heard his agent said that may only be for 2018. There’s an outside chance he’ll pop back into the scene.
I wouldn't lend much credence to a theory that has a 5th round pick that sat out of football for an entire year leading to a resurgence of the OL his first year back. He'd be doing good making the final roster.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute gets a pass on Madison but he should have done some research.

15 picks later was Tyrell Crosby(Started 13 games at RT I believe for Detroit)

74 picks later was Greg Senat(pushed for starting time as a LT in Baltimore before going on IR).

Had we gotten either player instead, who knows what could've been? We'd have Bulaga by the balls contractually speaking at least. Hopefully an improved running game if either player could bounce inside.

Instead of looking for an OT and 2 OGs (my preference), we would just be looking for 2 OGs now.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This OL class is deep, but not overly talented. I like Jonah Williams, but when there are so many quality OL who are getting pushed down because of defensive talent, why "reach"? I believe there will be plenty of OL going from Rounds 3-5 that will push the current roster for time. If we can trade back from 12 to 17 or 18, we could go OL as soon as the 2nd Round.

Here's some guys I could see still available from Rounds 3-5:

Tytus Howard
Bobby Evans
Ross Pierschbacher
Elgton Jenkins
Garrett Brumfield
Lester Cotton
Dru Samia
Isaiah Prince

Once again all this defensive talent is debatable. In fact, I really don't see a ton a game changers available on defense. If the Packers have been "reaching" on anything it's been on defense the last several years.

Chris Lindstrom would be worth an early day 2 pick as he is a plug and play day 1 guard that would immediately upgrade our current OL situation.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion on who's a "game changer" and who's not.

Chris Lindstrom did well in the Senior Bowl. I'd put a late 2nd on him, but would prefer an mid 3rd. We'll see how he tests.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion on who's a "game changer" and who's not.

Chris Lindstrom did well in the Senior Bowl. I'd put a late 2nd on him, but would prefer an mid 3rd. We'll see how he tests.

He's not making it to our 3rd. This is why I want Packers to trade out of 12 to get more picks.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want them to trade out back as well, I'd like a total of 12-14 picks total. However, as good as Lindstrom is it's not the end of the world were we to miss on him. There is comparable talent.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I want them to trade out back as well, I'd like a total of 12-14 picks total. However, as good as Lindstrom is it's not the end of the world were we to miss on him. There is comparable talent.

Well apparantly it "won't be the end of the world" either when we go 4-12 and miss the playoffs again if the attitude is just let offensive players "slide" to us while we continue to reach the other way.

I really hope Gute and LaFluer don't have this same attitude or were doomed.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked to me like he was specifically talking about Lindstrom, not the offense in general.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Looked to me like he was specifically talking about Lindstrom, not the offense in general.

No. If you look at his posts on other threads he thinks we can address just about everything on the offense with guys "slidding" to us on day 3.

Including WR.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. If you look at his posts on other threads he thinks we can address just about everything on the offense with guys "slidding" to us on day 3.

Including WR.

He's said he's fine with using an offensive pick in any round.

I'll say it again, and again, and again, the arguments you're having in your head are not rooted in reality.

A little reading comprehension would do you some good.

Members online

No members online now.