The 2019 Dantés Draft Thread

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've given me multiple fairytales.

We need to stay far away from this guy. He is 6'1 and plays best light which isn't gonna fly in the NFL.

Christian Wilkins has much more versatility and is a clear better choice.

Could you explain why it's a fairytale?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I have not studied Wilkins yet. I'll get around to it. Maybe I'll like him better?

I've responded to your objections with actual points and examples. Saying "fair tales" back to me is stupid and childish. This is why I've consistently said that you don't know how to handle basic disagreement on prospects.

I really don't care, however sometimes you cast yourself as a martyr for getting criticized so I'm just heading that off.

I just don't see Oliver being anything close to a sure thing with the question ?'s. I've seen him dropping in several Mocks too. When you start talking about drafting a guy at no.12 you want to get more then a guy that can do one thing in one scheme unless that one thing makes or break your defense which we are far from. I could see him helping a team like Cleveland where he would be the final piece.

Wilkins offers much more versatility along with size so I don't even think its close.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I just don't see Oliver being anything close to a sure thing with the question ?'s. I've seen him dropping in several Mocks too. When you start talking about drafting a guy at no.12 you want to get more then a guy that can do one thing in one scheme unless that one thing makes or break your defense which we are far from. I could see him helping a team like Cleveland where he would be the final piece.

Wilkins offers much more versatility along with size so I don't even think close.

See here-- you're making points. I don't necessarily agree, but that's fine.

If Oliver comes in super light then I would revisit it. I am just going on his listed weight.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really, really, want one of Hockenson, Fant, or Irv Smith. All well rounded players. Very good.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I really, really, want one of Hockenson, Fant, or Irv Smith. All well rounded players. Very good.

All these players provide value but I wouldn't get hoodwinked into drafting any of them with pick 12.

Maybe at 30 depending what happens in free agency. Until we get a legit no.2 it wont really matter who our TE is. I personally think with a more explosive slot receiver Graham would be okay.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All these players provide value but I wouldn't get hoodwinked into drafting any of them with pick 12.

Maybe at 30 depending what happens in free agency. Until we get a legit no.2 it wont really matter who our TE is. I personally think with a more explosive slot receiver Graham would be okay.

I didn't say at #12. Would prefer we don't take a TE at 12.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say at #12. Would prefer we don't take a TE at 12.

I like Irv Smith the best with #44. He's a bully on the field and has the athletic ability to be a seam weapon. Really hope we get him.
#12 Devin white #30 Zach Allen #44 Irv Smith. That's 3 impact starters would be a great way to start the draft

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I like Irv Smith the best with #44. He's a bully on the field and has the athletic ability to be a seam weapon. Really hope we get him.
#12 Devin white #30 Zach Allen #44 Irv Smith. That's 3 impact starters would be a great way to start the draft

I think your on the right track here but as much as I like White I believe we should trade back a couple times and get two starters instead of one.

We would most likely be able to acquire

Parris Campbell
Zach Allen or Jaylon Ferguson
Chris Lindstrom
Irv Smith

That would give us 3 starters and really good TE to add with Graham.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your on the right track here but as much as I like White I believe we should trade back a couple times and get two starters instead of one.

We would most likely be able to acquire

Parris Campbell
Zach Allen or Jaylon Ferguson
Chris Lindstrom
Irv Smith

That would give us 3 starters and really good TE to add with Graham.

Yeah I'm not against trading back to say 15 with Washington and picking up an extra 3rd, in this case #76. And I like all those players but don't think any of them will be around at that point but maybe and either way someone good will be. If you only drop to 15 there's a good chance you can still get white. As Washington would likely be trading up for a QB. Then you have Miami, who might very well take white. But I don't think Atlanta would as they already have a star middle lb.
#15 white #30 Allen #44 Campbell #75 Irv Smith #76 Lindstrom not sure that Smith or Lindstrom would be available in the 3rd but I'm fairly certain the other 3 will be there at those spots. But really gotta wait til combine/pro days to tell

Reaction score
Well apparantly it "won't be the end of the world" either when we go 4-12 and miss the playoffs again if the attitude is just let offensive players "slide" to us while we continue to reach the other way.

I really hope Gute and LaFluer don't have this same attitude or were doomed.
I think the draft slide will be similar to 2018 where all those QBs pushed some really good talent down the board. Last year guys like Derwin James and Tremaine Edmunds slid past our original pick at #14. I believe this year we will see a similar slide. There will be several picks between 15-20 that should been gone in some years by #10 overall.

Imagine for a second a trade back to 17 and then packaging that 2nd day pick and #30 to pick a second time inside the top 20. Last year that would’ve landed us Alexander and Vander Esch etc..
this year we could have D.White AND C Ferrell by #20 (just an example)

Then guys like C Sutton, D Goedert , M Andrews, DJ Chark were all either near or past #45 in 2018.

In 2019 we will be sniffing someone like Marquise Brown, Lindstrom or Josh Jacobs or similar near #44

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not against trading back to say 15 with Washington and picking up an extra 3rd, in this case #76. And I like all those players but don't think any of them will be around at that point but maybe and either way someone good will be. If you only drop to 15 there's a good chance you can still get white. As Washington would likely be trading up for a QB. Then you have Miami, who might very well take white. But I don't think Atlanta would as they already have a star middle lb.
#15 white #30 Allen #44 Campbell #75 Irv Smith #76 Lindstrom not sure that Smith or Lindstrom would be available in the 3rd but I'm fairly certain the other 3 will be there at those spots. But really gotta wait til combine/pro days to tell

Maybe if they consolidate a couple of there day 3 picks they can get back up to get Lindstrom like they did with Spriggs.

But yeah combine/pro days will shake more of this out.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think the draft slide will be similar to 2018 where all those QBs pushed some really good talent down the board. Last year guys like Derwin James and Tremaine Edmunds slid past our original pick at #14. I believe this year we will see a similar slide. There will be several picks between 15-20 that should been gone in some years by #10 overall.

Imagine for a second a trade back to 17 and then packaging that 2nd day pick and #30 to pick a second time inside the top 20. Last year that would’ve landed us Alexander and Vander Esch etc..
this year we could have D.White AND C Ferrell by #20 (just an example)

Then guys like C Sutton, D Goedert , M Andrews, DJ Chark were all either near or past #45 in 2018.

In 2019 we will be sniffing someone like Marquise Brown, Lindstrom or Josh Jacobs or similar near #44

I'd Love for this to happen but I'm not sure this QB class is as strong to create as much slide. I'm seeing these QB's landing all over the place.

Hopefully the hype builds on these QB's cause there will be desperate teams if it does.

Reaction score
I'd Love for this to happen but I'm not sure this QB class is as strong to create as much slide. I'm seeing these QB's landing all over the place.

Hopefully the hype builds on these QB's cause there will be desperate teams if it does.
No this year it will only be 2-3 QBs. I just meant the amount of top end between DT, DE, OLBs combined Keeping in mind we’re also picking earlier.. so it actually may be slightly better at picks 15-20 overall

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No this year it will only be 2-3 QBs. I just meant the amount of top end between DT, DE, OLBs combined Keeping in mind we’re also picking earlier.. so it actually may be slightly better at picks 15-20 overall

To me the edge group after Bosa, Gary and Allen is overrated. However, It is deep with solid edge guys and I think one will be there in round 2. It's all about finding that sweet spot and from pick 20 to the early part of 3rd the talent runs good so I would be down to getting as many picks as possible in that range. There is no reason to not get 3-4 starters out of this draft with the firepower we have

Reaction score
To me the edge group after Bosa, Gary and Allen is overrated. However, It is deep with solid edge guys and I think one will be there in round 2. It's all about finding that sweet spot and from pick 20 to the early part of 3rd the talent runs good so I would be down to getting as many picks as possible in that range. There is no reason to not get 3-4 starters out of this draft with the firepower we have
There’s 2 strategies I would have. Both involve moving back slightly first with either one of our 2 first day picks. The one I favor most is leaving pick #12 alone and move out of the first round similar to the King trade but from #30 to #40. Using the draft calculator and allowing for a slight loss of collateral for each party trading forward this is an example: assuming 2 solid starting FAs at Safety and OLB. I also packaged later round picks and consolidated 3rd day. These are just examples but show a BAP approach while addressing areas of positional weakness simultaneously.
#12 DT
#40, #44 Edge, WR
#74, #75 OT/OG, RB
#108, #111, #130 OG/OT, ILB, CB,
#150 TE

Last edited:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle Chung (Eugene Chung's kid) was a solid contributor for Virginia-Tech. 6'3" 310. Played across the 0-line due to teammate injuries, never had a "true" position but I project him to play guard or center. Super smooth feet, athletic, a grinder but average strength (can improve with). Was injured for a year but came back with a STRONG season. Late round pick or undrafted free agent.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodney Anderson Oklahoma RB - 6'1" - 220. Not sure where he is projected (would draft him 2nd -4th) but all I know is, this kid can ball! Has a little bit of Matt Forte but cuts like Arian Foster. Will not be surprised if Packers draft him. I know, I know, we have two solid RBs already but in LaFleur's offense there are never enough RBs to rotate through. Check out the clips below. Mo weapons mo problems.
Pros:
  • Built for RB -
  • Slippery, lateral quickness
  • Can catch the ball & able to run routes
  • Patience - cut on a dime
  • No fumble issues
Cons:
  • Medical history
  • Decent pass blocking (better than most college RBs)
  • ****** Assault allegations (dropped by DA)
  • Can run alittle high at times as most taller RBs do

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I continue to think Jeffrey Simmons is an option at 12.

He's a really good player. Just ya know...character issues.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the hiring of Alvis Whitted (Colorado State), I wonder if that might make us more interested in Preston Williams.

Williams is a very talented WR from CSU via Tennessee. Possibly the most talented WR in the draft. I've heard a lot of reports on major character concerns though, but you would think Whitted would be the perfect guy to know.

Williams is 6'4 210, and went for 96/1350/14 this past year.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the hiring of Alvis Whitted (Colorado State), I wonder if that might make us more interested in Preston Williams.

Williams is a very talented WR from CSU via Tennessee. Possibly the most talented WR in the draft. I've heard a lot of reports on major character concerns though, but you would think Whitted would be the perfect guy to know.

Williams is 6'4 210, and went for 96/1350/14 this past year.

I'm not sure this makes the new wrs coach look very good but Williams might be a player

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-preston-williams/

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this makes the new wrs coach look very good but Williams might be a player

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-preston-williams/
I read the cite as not a glowing recommendation. What does he bring that isn't already on the roster? we have height, we have speed, we have height + speed, we have free release track stars, we have let the ball hit the chest receivers, we have precise route runners. All of these in any combination of the aforementioned.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the cite as not a glowing recommendation. What does he bring that isn't already on the roster? we have height, we have speed, we have height + speed, we have free release track stars, we have let the ball hit the chest receivers, we have precise route runners. All of these in any combination of the aforementioned.

My point was all the things theyre critical of in Williams game are things you'd think the wr coach would fix. Ball security, body catching, etc.

As for willams as a player at 6-4 210 with elite track and field athletism I'm assuming scouts think dude has Julio Jones/Josh gordon type potential. I've already noticed him move up into the first round of bleacher reports Matt millers big board. I'm sure that trend will only continue as the athletism numbers come out. Think about his teammate Michael Gallup went at #81 last year and williams clearly has a far higher ceiling.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an FYI bc of prior discussions, Aaron Donald said this week that he plays at about 265-270 lbs. He's a freak.

Functional strength > size

Reaction score
A personal favorite of mine is RB Devin Singleterry. His one drawback is he’s young and his blocking leaves something to be desired, particularly on a team like GB that values that. I don’t know enough about the mechanics to know if he can overcome that or not.
To me he’s the Offensive equivalent of Oren Burks. He’s very talented but raw and would require a year in the system before being allowed to be trusted. I do however think his potential is largely unrealized and I’m hoping he slips past the 3rd round (my best guess is he gets picked top 100).
I think he’d be a great value early day 3 and he might just slide with some good fortune.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...is-the-premier-sleeper-running-back-prospect/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think Singletary is a day 2 prospect all the way. He has rare, rare elusive qualities. The man jump cuts out of his shoes multiple times in succession.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts