Texans Sign Nick Luchey.........

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, Mike Sherman's players are Mike Sherman's players. Here is a guy who consistently showed up out of shape and could not wrest the job from the wonderful but aging Hendo.

Now, MS flexes his influence and brings in another one of "his guys" who never lived up to expectations.

Hell, you could roster an entire team with MS guys who never fulfilled their potential.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, Depack, but not why you said it.

It is a team in coaching\GMing limbo. Of COURSE they are going to ask Shermans advice and listen to it, like you said...his (regular season) winning % is good, and some of that(not a lot) happened while he was GM as well as coach.

Like you said, Depack, it's over....he's gone...you can stop defending him.

TT only helped build the Seahawks into what they were, which is a team that got into the Superbowl last year, with a lot of talent TT was a big part of (not entirely, of course). "Sherman" and "Superbowl" is only in the same sentence if "went to his house to watch the" is in the middle of the sentence.

Sherman is a good guy, passionate, etc, nobody is bashing him, but he was a horrible GM, and if the Texans are taking his advice(um, its kinda obvious at this point...Flanny,Luchey) it is not good to hear if you're a Texans fan.

But of course if you criticize someone, you must be 'bashing' them right? LOL, Yikes... It is not that serious.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pshtttt!! Quit with the TT built the Seahawks crap. What exactly were the Seahawks when TT was there?

TT proudly possesses the career record of 4-12 - PERIOD!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom....are trying to say you weren't bashing him? I'll make a deal. I'll stop defending him when you stop bashing him. It's really that simple. Why would I have to defend him?

And actually MOST of his winning came while he was GM. In fact he has a better record as a coach when he was GM than he does when someone else was GM. Do some damn research for chrissakes!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was because the team was full of players from before he was GMing. Wow.

I'm done with this thread too.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice avatar. Your popularity keeps growing *******. Everytime someone debates......err......embarasses you, you have to resort to something like that. If that gets me suspended so be it.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine Sherman had much to do with this. He was responsible for cutting Luchey as a Packer wasn't he? I mean he wasn't the GM at the time but the coach would recommend who to keep and who to get rid of.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super.....it all depends if he works out. To these guys if Luchey is successful in Houston then Sherman had nothing to do with it. If he flops.....it was Sherman's fault.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all, DePack. I suggested MS was bending ear for a perennial underachiever. If in fact MS had a hand in bringing Luchey in, MS should get any credit he deserves if successful, or any derision he deserves for failure.

Glad you know me so well as to be able to read my mind. Hey....66 used to do that!!! LOL

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess Luchey is about the best available fullback, which is kind of sad, but I don't see how a coach that cut a player and goes to a different team would push that hard to sign the player he had cut on the previous team. If anything they needed a fullback, saw the lack of market, asked Sherman if Luchey would be servicable, and he said go for it. Don't treat it like he is begging the Texans to sign a bunch of ex Packers, especially one that he had cut.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy to believe that, except for MS's track record of keeping players/coaches he selected when all evidence points to their release, just in order to save face.

BJ Sander anyone? Novak? Bonamego?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That isn't really a point when it is a guy he already cut before. He didn't hang onto him with the Packers. For whatever reason, Luchey is seen as the best available free agent option at fullback. Doesn't mean he is going to be great, it just means they have to make do.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Nice avatar. Your popularity keeps growing *******. Everytime someone debates......err......embarasses you, you have to resort to something like that. If that gets me suspended so be it.

Nothing else in the past has, you have protecthion. AADP.

One thing can sure be said about Sherman, the man knows loyalty! lol

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Still bitter over being tossed huh?

One more thing you can say about Sherman.....thanks to TT he's collecting over 3 million dollars of Paqcker money this year. How much you making?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

One more thing you can say about Sherman.....thanks to TT he's collecting over 3 million dollars of Paqcker money this year. How much you making?

I was never tossed.

Since when did this become a comparison between myself and Shermans pay? I'm HALF his age. Ask me this question when I'm within five years of his age.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

I was never tossed.

Since when did this become a comparison between myself and Shermans pay? I'm HALF his age. Ask me this question when I'm within five years of his age.

UMMM......I don't think you will ever be within five years of his age, if you aren't right now :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

I was never tossed.

UMMM......I don't think you will ever be within five years of his age, if you aren't right now :)

Nuh huh! I will catch up to him!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YEAH! If Zero was 5, and Sherman was 35, Sherman would be SEVEN times as old as Zero! Wait ten years and Zero would be 15 when Sherman was 45, Sherman would be THREE times older then Zero...........then you wait 15 years, Zero is 30, and Sherman is then 60.........now Sherman is only TWO times as old as Zero!
So he would be catching up!!! :roll: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts