Ted Thompson Trail ?

Should Green Bay name a street after Ted Thompson?

• Yes of course

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No, GM's don't get that type of thing

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holmgren got his street named after him.
We know McCarthy will as well.

Does Ted Thompson deserve one too?
Would you name a street after him?

I've been critical in the past of some of his moves, or non-moves. I guess we are all critics to an extent of everything..... my own work... a round of golf, there's always at least one **** hole I want back.... my kids' performance in a game, while I give positive reviews, I always tell him his best is still in front of him, so what can he do to get to that point, etc.

Teddy's not been perfect. But he's been THE BEST GM in the NFL overall since he took over, hands-down.
He's fleeced Little Bill in draft day robberies. TWICE (thanks for Greg Jennings in 2006, and Clay Matthews in 2009).

He's also showed some kahuna's in keeping the train moving away from the ole gunslinger when the graybeard decided he wanted his ball back.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate Green Bay is going to run out of streets to re-name.
And that's fine with me since I don't live there.
Oh wait. I do according to a troll who was on here earlier.

If they re-name a street after him then there may be an outcry for a Ron Wolf one if there isn't already.
As I mentioned before, since I don't officially live in good ol' GB, it's not an issue one way or the other to me.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't, TT is a behind the scenes fellow, his job is to be behind scenes not on the front lines like QB's and head coaches, and every other player. TT can get a statue or something made in his honor but keep the streets to players and head coaches.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

If they re-name a street after him then there may be an outcry for a Ron Wolf one if there isn't already.
As I mentioned before, since I don't officially live in good ol' GB, it's not an issue one way or the other to me.
Officially, I don't think Holmgren Way and Brett Favre Pass are in GreenBay either. They are in Ashwaubenon. I did hear about an Aaron Rodgers Beltway idea floated about. Maybe the freeway system that circles GB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Officially, I don't think Holmgren Way and Brett Favre Pass are in GreenBay either. They are in Ashwaubenon. I did hear about an Aaron Rodgers Beltway idea floated about. Maybe the freeway system that circles GB.
That should be The Aaron Rodgers Title Beltway, shouldn't it?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the vast majority of streets in GB and ashwaubenon should be named after players coaches GMs and pretty much anyone that has contributed to the Packers in some great way.

Hell, they should give "dad" his own street. Why not? I mean it would just add to the legend of GB.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I agree with all of this. I don't have a problem with a Ron Wolf or Ted Thompson street. But if you're doing that you sure as heck better name one for Jack Vainisi. Expect an outcry from the assemblymen because they don't want to pay for new signs. It would be nice if they could somehow raise the money from the fanbase.
I don't live in Green Bay but I know I could get my neighbors to agree to pay for new signs for a Packer name. Oh wait, I live on Victory Street!

Reaction score

Imagine the hell that people in GB go through trying to get directions if the street names keep changing :D

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine the hell that people in GB go through trying to get directions if the street names keep changing :D
You go straight here on 4th St.... Um I mean, Favre Rd which gets intercepted by Woodson Way and then you take a left. When you get to Oak... Whoops! I mean Holmgren Ave. go right and then keep going until you get to a stop sign on Matthews Blvd. From there you go right onto Bart Starr St. which will then hand you off onto Main... I mean Paul Hornung Drive where you take a left. Be sure you don't take a right otherwise you will hit a dead stop on Ray Nitschke St.
From there you go straight where you shall exit onto Aaron Rodgers Title Beltway and that will take you all the way to Chico California which you can rely on without any stops or problems.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this team becomes a dynasty (3 titles +) then they may be naming a whole lot more than a street after him! Although I get the feeling he wouldn't want it, he looked embarrassed enough when he won the Lombardi Trophy.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You go straight here on 4th St.... Um I mean, Favre Rd which gets intercepted by Woodson Way and then you take a left. When you get to Oak... Whoops! I mean Holmgren Ave. go right and then keep going until you get to a stop sign on Matthews Blvd. From there you go right onto Bart Starr St. which will then hand you off onto Main... I mean Paul Hornung Drive where you take a left. Be sure you don't take a right otherwise you will hit a dead stop on Ray Nitschke St.
From there you go straight where you shall exit onto Aaron Rodgers Title Beltway and that will take you all the way to Chico California which you can rely on without any stops or problems.
Sounds like you were driving in circles...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that Thompson already is the best GM Green Bay has ever had (solely GM, Lombardi and Lambeau were also coaches).

But I say we stick to tradition. Wolf didn't get a street named after him, and I agree with that. I think the GM, and any administrative position for that matter, shouldn't be the focus of laurels.

Their recognition should come with the awards of the people chosen by them. The fanbase will always know their value, but the Green Bay Packers are about football first and foremost, not about administration.

I don't have a problem either way, to be honest, I just believe tradition should be honored. And, quite frankly, I doubt that TT would like a street named after him. He absolutely hates the spotlight. He'll be the first to tell you that if he's to get a street named after him, then all the scouts and personel directots should get the same treatment...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Renaming streets usually turn in to a political battle. First the people that live on it and the businesses all have their addresses changed. Secondly, which street do you choose to rename and must it be near the stadium? Third, during the Spring when McCarthy Way was debated, it came to light the city does not have a procedure in place for this. Fourth, Lambeau Field is basically on the city's border with Ashwaubenon. If the renamed street isn't in GB, does it still count?

Members online

Latest posts