Teams go 9-7 for a reason

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing the Saints in their dome is tough for ANY team no matter how good they are. I just find it tough to believe BOTH Rodgers and Brees get bounced this weekend. Seems hard to imagine.

I would have little confidence in the Giants winning in NO. Is it impossible....no of course not. Just so tough to win there and they seem to struggle with them a lot.

I am not sure the Saints would be easier then the Niners but you are correct, the cold might hurt the Saints a lot and it should give the Packers an edge if this game happens.

Not sure what happens with the Saints/Niners. I have been high on the Niners all year but I have a tough time expecting them to really win. Should be a good one and we will see if the Saints can really do it outside the dome.
the saints are a far different team on the road..they are in trouble on sunday imo

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
the saints are a far different team on the road..they are in trouble on sunday imo

I hope you are right. I am a big Harbaugh fan and would love to see him get a win in the playoffs. I think he will have his boys jacked up.

I just hope the Niners don't just score FGs. Then again that may not matter if the Saints only score FGs on a tough D but I have to think Brees will get a few TDs eventually?

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you are right. I am a big Harbaugh fan and would love to see him get a win in the playoffs. I think he will have his boys jacked up.

I just hope the Niners don't just score FGs. Then again that may not matter if the Saints only score FGs on a tough D but I have to think Brees will get a few TDs eventually?
the nfc has the better games this week imo

N

NYGIANTS141

I'd rather not think about who we will play after GB. I'm ready for whatever ride we go on this postseason.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i want is the giants down 4 with 2mins and some change left and the ball in Eli's hands whatever happens after that i can live with.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
all i want is the giants down 4 with 2mins and some change left and the ball in Eli's hands whatever happens after that i can live with.
Leave enough time for Rodgers. ;) In the last meeting a minute was enough.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave enough time for Rodgers. ;) In the last meeting a minute was enough.
true but he hasnt had to do what eli has...the packers are always up. not saying rodgers wont be good in that spot but we honestly have never seen it. Eli has done it the biggest of spots...and rodgers also did it to us with the game tied and needing a FG.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
true but he hasnt had to do what eli has...the packers are always up. not saying rodgers wont be good in that spot but we honestly have never seen it. Eli has done it the biggest of spots...and rodgers also did it to us with the game tied and needing a FG.

I think Rodgers can do it if he had to. I would have full faith. It's hard to believe sometimes how young he is. He turned 28
last month. I said a few times this year if "the drive" for Aaron happened it's in these playoffs.

And for all the flack the Pack D gets at times they have been pretty clutch at times.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers can do it if he had to. I would have full faith. It's hard to believe sometimes how young he is. He turned 28
last month. I said a few times this year if "the drive" for Aaron happened it's in these playoffs.

And for all the flack the Pack D gets at times they have been pretty clutch at times.
me too..he plays with a chip he has seen his share of negativity and having to sit for those years...dude is mentally tough.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A home loss after a 15-1 season would be an embarrassment.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but just so you know, telling people stop discussing a topic you're not interested in (regardless of how politely it is done) is NOT the way for newbies to make a good impression. If you don't like a particular discussion, you don't have to participate in it. That's the way forums work.
Ok no biggie. Its just that everyone is talking about week 13. Did the Bears games matter last season in week 3 and week 17 when we played them in the Championship game? No they didnt.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok no biggie. Its just that everyone is talking about week 13. Did the Bears games matter last season in week 3 and week 17 when we played them in the Championship game? No they didnt.

They didn't matter, but they were discussed. Since nobody can tell the future, one way to look at an upcoming game is to look back on what happened in a prior matchup and look at what has changed since then.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets be more respectful guys. Giant fans arent Viking, Bear, Cowboy or Saints fans.

Seriously? New guy is going to come on here and call out LombardiChick as disrespectful? Who are you to criticize? I didn't see anything even remotely disrespectful in her post and I doubt the person she was responding to did either. You seem to be a little on the bossy side, aren't ya?

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? New guy is going to come on here and call out LombardiChick as disrespectful? Who are you to criticize? I didn't see anything even remotely disrespectful in her post and I doubt the person she was responding too did either. You seem to be a little on the bossy side, aren't ya?
I never said she was disrespectful at all. Sorry if you were offended by it or she was.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all I have to say about the giants this week. I am more concerned with the Saints and 49ers.

The hardest schedule in NFL and had many injuries explain the Giants record. Cold weather will kill the Saints. 49ers a little toucher.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember we were 8-6 last year, won our final 2 to get in.
The Giants were 7-7 this year, won their final 2 to get in.
Is that really that much different, other than the fact that it was us then, and them now?
Honestly......

Its not much different at all. #1 seeds lost a lot recently.... I;m not week off helps.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point, but those are some iffy plays. Have you seen the pictures of Ballard's knee down in bounds? That was a sure touchdown which could have completely changed the game. I will agree, though, that the receiver had enough control on the TD (damn it, cant remember who it was) for it to be ruled one, so i won't get into that one.

Jennings

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts