Teams go 9-7 for a reason

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year, we were the exception. A huge exception. Usually teams are who we thought they were. heh. You could be that team this year. Not saying you aren't. But being that team is super rare. To have a 10-6 champ to a 9-7 champ is even rarer yet.

And don't put words in my mouth, er, typing box... I'm just saying, if you're expecting to win because the Packers have hit a wall, well, I usually expect to win because my team plays well, not because the other team hits a wall.

No I am clear that I think we can beat you. This game is a coin flip in my eyes.

Im just saying, to suggest that you are going to sustain dominance for 25 games is a bit unrealistic. I mean you hit a wall vs KC right? Playoffs are one and done

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all I have to say about the giants this week. I am more concerned with the Saints and 49ers.
Remember we were 8-6 last year, won our final 2 to get in.
The Giants were 7-7 this year, won their final 2 to get in.
Is that really that much different, other than the fact that it was us then, and them now?
Honestly......

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God and I was fielding jokes about NEW JERSEY schooling.

Please go paste where I gauranteed victory.

And don't quote where we were all just **** talking about the game, im tlaking about in the middle of actual football talk where I said we are going to win... go ahead - i have time
Please paste where I said you guarranteed victory?

I think you will soon be fielding jokes about reading comprehension.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
? "I 100% know we are going to win". Only fire for the Packers. How is that reading comprehension?

"The more you and JPP talk about how you guys are going to win, the more confidence I have in the Packers winning."

okay so you did suggest i said we were going to win... how many times do I have to make u look like a fool before you stop the crap you type

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please paste where I said you guarranteed victory?

I think you will soon be fielding jokes about reading comprehension.

wasn't u, it was ben

"The more you and JPP talk about how you guys are going to win, the more confidence I have in the Packers winning."

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is some comparisons with the giants this year and us last year. We played the pats which was alot of peoples pick for the best team in the NFL and we played them down to the wire, with our 2nd string QB. This gave us alot of confidence heading into our last 2 games, which were must win situations and then headed into playoffs on a great Note. Even though packers and gmen faced off in week 13, the gmen definitely got some confidence because it took the best team in the league the last drive to break a tie. There next 4 games, 3 were tough opponents and pretty much must wins and they came away with the victory, the only difference is they lost a a horrible redskins team, but it is a divison opponent, anything can happen. They had an impressive win vs the falcons last week, just as we had vs the eagles in the wildcard, but we were on the road and they had a home game.

On a side note I was reading Mccarthys press conference on twitter, saying everyone was healthy. Starks and Bulaga had a full practice as well as Jennings.

This quote from Mike makes me feel good about Sunday though.

MM: energy + focus were outstanding. This tragedy hits hard. Realize how fortunate we are for this opportunity, need to take advantage of it

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is some comparisons with the giants this year and us last year. We played the pats which was alot of peoples pick for the best team in the NFL and we played them down to the wire, with our 2nd string QB. This gave us alot of confidence heading into our last 2 games, which were must win situations and then headed into playoffs on a great Note. Even though packers and gmen faced off in week 13, the gmen definitely got some confidence because it took the best team in the league the last drive to break a tie. There next 4 games, 3 were tough opponents and pretty much must wins and they came away with the victory, the only difference is they lost a a horrible redskins team, but it is a divison opponent, anything can happen. They had an impressive win vs the falcons last week, just as we had vs the eagles in the wildcard, but we were on the road and they had a home game.

On a side note I was reading Mccarthys press conference on twitter, saying everyone was healthy. Starks and Bulaga had a full practice as well as Jennings.

This quote from Mike makes me feel good about Sunday though.

MM: energy + focus were outstanding. This tragedy hits hard. Realize how fortunate we are for this opportunity, need to take advantage of it
and again i'm not even saying that we are what u guys were last year

but to just totally dismiss us getting hot now nad being a diff team AFTER the way u guys did last year is mind bottling

Reaction score
wasn't u, it was ben

I have a feeling your boards are going to slow down significantly after sunday
That last quote implies that you guys will win. There are other quotes I read that you produced that I can pull up within 5 minutes.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and again i'm not even saying that we are what u guys were last year

but to just totally dismiss us getting hot now nad being a diff team AFTER the way u guys did last year is mind bottling

I know I was kind've comparing the two, my mind was wandering haha.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though packers and gmen faced off in week 13, the gmen definitely got some confidence because it took the best team in the league the last drive to break a tie.

A game where we were once again without our starting left tackle, against the team that we probably needed him the most. Also without our best offensive lineman.

Also without our two starting ILBs, which only tells half the story. The main problem for the defense that day was communication, when the radio helmet had to be worn by a guy who'd never worn it before. That hurt. Our front 5 got great pressure against Eli all day long. The problem came on the back-end communication, DBs and cover LBs not knowing what their assignments were. Not knowing who their guy was, where their help was, when they were supposed to help. Don't expect that to happen with Bishop and Hawk in the game.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A game where we were once again without our starting left tackle, against the team that we probably needed him the most. Also without our best offensive lineman.

Also without our two starting ILBs, which only tells half the story. The main problem for the defense that day was communication, when the radio helmet had to be worn by a guy who'd never worn it before. That hurt. Our front 5 got great pressure against Eli all day long. The problem came on the back-end communication, DBs and cover LBs not knowing what their assignments were. Not knowing who their guy was, where their help was, when they were supposed to help. Don't expect that to happen with Bishop and Hawk in the game.

I know but it definitely still gave them confidence at which I was trying to make the comparison. We have some big advantages coming into this game from that game as well, such as homefield adavantage,etc.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you can look back and find enough quotes and threads where we take the NYG very seriously. There was even one before the playoffs saying NYG were our worst nightmare. I think every Packer fan does not like the thought of that very strong DLine lining up against Rodgers. We can respect and admire your team, but we can still be confident that we will win.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you guys are hot right now. But we've been hot. To expect that your team will come in hot and our team will not is what's irking me. We're due a loss because you're hot? What, and we're not? On the contrary, I see lots of pieces finally falling back into place for the Packers. I see where the Giants are hot. But I see nothing that would make you think that the Packers won't be.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know but it definitely still gave them confidence at which I was trying to make the comparison. We have some big advantages coming into this game from that game as well, such as homefield adavantage,etc.
Such as being able to put up 45 points with a backup QB. Being spurred on by how well we were able to perform with the backup... Does that remind anyone of last year?

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That last quote implies that you guys will win. There are other quotes I read that you produced that I can pull up within 5 minutes.

lol what baout the 20 other times throughout real football talk i've said this is a coin flip

nice try, you've officiall failed

First u accused me, had nothing. Then tried to have Amish back u up by saying that u only said JPP guaranteed victory, now ur trying to pin it down on me.

You sir, have failed
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you guys are hot right now. But we've been hot. To expect that your team will come in hot and our team will not is what's irking me. We're due a loss because you're hot? What, and we're not? On the contrary, I see lots of pieces finally falling back into place for the Packers. I see where the Giants are hot. But I see nothing that would make you think that the Packers won't be.

I think u guys have had a big layoff, its not like im just pulling this out of my ***. This stuff happens every year.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it weird that the eagles and falcon fans showed more respect last year?

No i was actually at the Falcons all week and had plenty of great convo with them, when I got here i've found few willing to do that. Anybody that showed me respect and just talked football i've done back anybody that got silly I got silly with as well.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you can look back and find enough quotes and threads where we take the NYG very seriously. There was even one before the playoffs saying NYG were our worst nightmare. I think every Packer fan does not like the thought of that very strong DLine lining up against Rodgers. We can respect and admire your team, but we can still be confident that we will win.

okay im sure u have and others have but whats the topic of this thread again?

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such as being able to put up 45 points with a backup QB. Being spurred on by how well we were able to perform with the backup... Does that remind anyone of last year?

The patriots game gave us a sht ton of confidence, especially cause our backup almost beat the best team in the league. This is one of the reasons why I think we played so good our last 6 games, we had our swagger back. When we faced the gmen we were on a 18 game win streak, you dont think the Gmen almost beating us gave them alot of confidence on who they were. They went on to win there next 4 outta 5 leading up until this coming Sunday.

Members online

Latest posts