Taysom Hill

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy oh boy did the Packers screw That one up smh. I lived this guy the moment I saw him in the pre season as a Packer. You can see the play making ability and toughness right away. I’ll still never accept the fact that they let the damn guy go. Especially if he turns into a superstar. Unbelievable smh

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Boy oh boy did the Packers screw That one up smh. I lived this guy the moment I saw him in the pre season as a Packer. You can see the play making ability and toughness right away. I’ll still never accept the fact that they let the damn guy go. Especially if he turns into a superstar. Unbelievable smh
Packers? Or Ted and I bet we can find 100 posts on this..

And what is his spot is play next week

Yeah

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that is interesting is it's one guy that runs, catches and blocks. A bit of a throw back, it's is fun to watch, but let's get serious for a moment. Is he their RB? No? why not? Is he their 2nd RB? is he any of their 3 TE's? how about WR,, 5 snaps a game? He's not even their back up QB. He's a nice wrinkle, but the INT Drew Brees threw was 10x's better than the ball Hill threw for a completion yet everyone was going crazy about Hill's pass. I see passes from non QB's every week in this league that were at least as good as that throw. Difference is, most of those guys are good enough to be #1 or 2 WR's and RB's for their teams. Hill is not. But he can probably block better than some of them. Cool player, but that's about where it ends for me.

yes he'd be a nice player to have on the team, he's fun, it's always exciting when he's on the field, but even the Saints don't use him that much. He does a lot of different things, but you tell me what was so special about his TD, convince me Taysom Hill is the one that made that play work. Was it his wiggle off the line? a Break he made to fool the defender? He came in and layed a convincing block then went out into a route? Seriously, he ran straight down field into the endzone and turned around uncovered to catch a ball. Was that Hill or just a completely blown coverage by MN? I feel like Eddie Murphy riding in a car with Stevie Wonder, what to impress me ***** fu#$a, take the wheel LOL

oh, and there are probably 1000 other posts about this longtime :)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love watching Hill on these "gadget" plays and wonder what if...

In '17 TC he was a 27 yr. old rookie, 3rd or 4th string QB in Packer camp. TT cut him in final cut-downs intending to bring him back onto the PS but NO grabbed him and put him on their 53. The guy loves to play & agreed to play wherever they wanted him so they built some plays around him. I don't think MM would've done that as he was already trying to do so with Ty Montgomery & not being very successful at it.

I think Hill would have some success if they needed to play him at QB full-time but his limitations would become apparent quickly. Also think with his throw-back mentality of smash-mouth play whenever he's in that he wouldn't last very long due to injury. Still sad that he got away, but don't think he'd be doing this much on the Packers if he had stayed.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hit and miss, it’s life in the NFL. I bet the Raven and Redskin fans feel the same way about the Smiths now.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The Packers did not fail here. A guy like Hill does not work in the old or new Packers offense.

Sky King

Reaction score
Hill is a modern-day Lew Carpenter, only better. Much better. GM/HC Lombardi understood the value of having a versatile player like Carpenter on the roster. GM TT and HC MM apparently did not appreciate Hill's versatility enough. Too bad. For me, it is a disappointment that they did not keep him.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good football player that can do it all. showed he had something when they had him. tried to tuck him away but lost him. he isn't a NO aberration either. he'd be doing this no matter where he was.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If" he turns into a superstar?

LOL.

Hill is a nice athlete, nice player, but he will never, ever, be a superstar.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he won't be a superstar, but we sure could have used him this season. He seems to have surer hands than anyone on our team not named Davante Adams

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tua drops.... you take him... I think he'll be the next Russell Wilson

But doubt he drops lol.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly dont think the packers screwed up on letting hill go. He's a good talent good at a lot of things but I wouldnt take aaron off the field for him not even for a gimick play. I would want teddy bridgewater over Hill.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're always a balancing act. Really nice when you need them and they work. take away your regular weapons and work on the bulk of what is going to win a game for you. Spend too much time on them, the other stuff that is going to win you the vast majority of your games suffers. how much depends on how much time and resources you put into each.

Personally, I don't think GB really needed them. They were good enough to not need them. Then they weren't good enough for it to matter if they had them or not. So they run a trick play, the rest of their offense or defense didn't work very well and was going to lose most games anyway. I say you work on what's going to get you there. If you happen to need a trick along the way and have one cool, but it isn't what is going to take you very far.

Sky King

Reaction score
I honestly dont think the packers screwed up on letting hill go. He's a good talent good at a lot of things but I wouldnt take aaron off the field for him not even for a gimick play. I would want teddy bridgewater over Hill.
Comparing him to Rodgers is not the fairest comparison to make with Hill nor would it be appropriate. That comparison should be done at the bottom of the roster where his talent should have prevailed at several positions he's proven he can play as a backup.

For example, just in 2019 Darius Shepherd or Hill? Dexter Williams or Hill? Ryan Grant or Hill? Even Tim Boyle or Hill? We can do the same kind of comparisons for any final roster since 2017, even at the backup QB position. He would have made one heckuva backup at several positions simultaneously over the past few seasons. It gives the team opportunity to create depth somewhere else (plural).

Personally, I think it was a big mistake letting him go.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GET OVER IT!!!!!

We drafted Mandarich over Barry and Deion Sanders, we drafted Vonnie Holliday over Randy Moss. Mistakes happen. We are 13-3 FFS. Who's to say he'd even fit in a lot of other offenses other than Sean Payton's. He also under threw that receiver by a mile on that deep pass, it just so happened Rhodes damn near fell on his feet on that double move.

Reaction score
Tyler Ervin wouldn’t have been available unless the same process that allowed the Saints to steal Taysom had afforded it.
As of Right now, I’d rather have Tyler.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sean Payton sure knew how to use him.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are 2 wins from the Super Bowl and the OP is focused on a player that got away several years ago. It must really suck to look at things with such a negative perspective.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to know exactly what Taysom offers until he starts multiple games. Fun to watch him succeed tho. He'd be riding the pine here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers are 2 wins from the Super Bowl and the OP is focused on a player that got away several years ago. It must really suck to look at things with such a negative perspective.
A lot of posters try to find any negative so they can say how they were right

If we get to the SB, people will still find issues as to why we don't belong

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hill has done a quite a bit all year long. They used him more towards the end of the year and he looked very good. He was unbelievable against minihaha. Don't really see him as a starting QB though. Stranger things have happened.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The hindsight analysis on this one is ridiculous. He was a 27 year old, injury prone rookie QB who lacked passing skills. Kudos to the Saints for finding such a great way to employ his skill sets, but cutting him was a pretty sensible decision at the time.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Don't forget that the Saints started Teddy Bridgewater for the 5 games Brees was out instead of Taysom Hill. Maybe what we are seeing is all he will ever be - A nice change-up but not a starter.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts