Taking the over on 12 wins not necessary the right play

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack's over/under is set at 12. Vegas is banking on us thinking: The Packers are coming off a 15-1 season with a putrid defense that just got a huge infuse of talent should make the over the play, right? Well, it's not that easy, even for a Rodgers-led team, and here's why: http://wp.me/p29VCs-8I

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last two teams to win Superbowl went 10-6 and 9-7 in the regular season. Recent history doesn't favor teams with a lot of regular season wins. Seems that being stout in the playoffs is the main factor for advancing to the Super Bowl.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think people appreciated last season since it was preceded by a SB win.

It was epic. And the chances we do it again like that in the reg season is slim. Still it's always about the Lombardi...

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack's over/under is set at 12. Vegas is banking on us thinking: The Packers are coming off a 15-1 season with a putrid defense that just got a huge infuse of talent should make the over the play, right? Well, it's not that easy, even for a Rodgers-led team, and here's why: http://wp.me/p29VCs-8I

I will bet you that the packers win more than 12 games. We can have someone escrow.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think betting on the Vikings Under 6 is LOCK-CITY.
I believe they are a horrible team, and will win closer to 0 than 7.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I would take 12 wins, prefer 13, since that seems the guarantee for 1rst in the NFC, but I see us having a great year, with a high chance of SB.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any loss is possible, considering we did lose to the crappy Chiefs last year, the Dolphins (Henne) and Redskins (McNabb) the year before.

But games we can lose this year:
At Giants
At Houston
Chicago
Detroit
San Francisco
New Orleans
At Seattle
Barring bullschit major injuries like to Collins last year; If Perry, Worthy, Daniels, and anyone else come to play this year, I don't see anyone beating us. Anyone.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get our D playing like they did in 2010 worse case scenario we go 14-2. I'd love for the NYGs to have to come to Lambeau to play as we need to get this "monkey" off our back. They've beat us 2x in the playoffs. The one thing Rodgers has yet to do is win a playoff game at home.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If we get our D playing like they did in 2010 worse case scenario we go 14-2. I'd love for the NYGs to have to come to Lambeau to play as we need to get this "monkey" off our back. They've beat us 2x in the playoffs. The one thing Rodgers has yet to do is win a playoff game at home.

I hate that this much pressure has to be placed on QBs. I am not blaming you but I was thinking about this recently and Rodgers. Heck I am not even sure I have seen any QBs have a D as bad as Rodgers had last year. For all the bad D's the Colts had they never had one ranked DEAD LAST overall and in passing.

Rodgers has had an amazing career thus far. However if say the Packers go one and done again next year (God forbid) then the haters will be out in full force.

I feel like a playoff win is almost necessary next year. Not just for him but for this current Packers era.

I hate to feel that kind of pressure though. I hate it. You just never know what can happen; injuries, the ball does not bounce your way, the wrong opponent, a full moon......something/anything can happen in a one game elimination in the NFL.

Ugh.

As for the Giants I do think there might be a pesky NFC East opponent again next year. The SB winner since 2006 has played the NFC East in it's entirety. The NFC South is out since they have the AFC West jinx on them which goes back to 2002.

Something tells me the Pack could be doing battle with Giants/Eagles/Cowboys come January. (I am leaving the RG3s out of the mix for now)

Last year was a great ride for GB but losing the year after winning a SB.....you often get a pass since it is so tough to repeat. And the one and done vs. the Cards gets a huge pass by the offense. You can't put that on the offense for obvious reasons.

I just feel the pressure is on next year for several squads and Green Bay included. It will be an interesting battle.