Suh gonna pay for that

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Lets hope Dallas is up on all their vaccinations...it could get ugly! ;)

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Im kind of leaning toward offering him a contract:). Get him off Rodgers completely. And add a little nasty to our D-line...

Reality aside. Could you imagine a DE as dominant as Sue for our 3-4?

You can't be serious? That clown in green and gold? No Thanks. And he's not nasty, he's dirty.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I'm sitting here hoping we get Detroit in the Divisional round at Lambeau, just to see what happens

I'm pretty sure the Packers will beat whatever sacrificial lamb is sent to them from the Panthers/Cardinals game. So if Detroit beats Dallas and Seattle, they will play again in Lambeau for the NFC championship.

Even if Detroit makes it that far, I don't know that my vocal chords or booze budget could handle another Lions game in Green Bay......

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we all own Suh an apology. Here's what he had to say during the appeal process:

Ndamukong Suh said his feet were numb from cold and he couldn't tell difference between Aaron Rodgers' feet and the ground.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: D-bag!!! The sad part about it is as it seems like Cottrell believed him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like we needed more proof what a POS this guy is. It would be hard to try and defend someone like that. takes a special person I guess. I don't care that he wasn't suspended and only got fined, but to listen to some defend him like they do is comical and sad at the same time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's Geoff Schwartz's (Giants guard) reaction to Suh's comments:

Mr official, my hands were frozen, otherwise I wouldn't have held that guy. Totally using that next season.

LOL!!!

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Here's Geoff Schwartz's (Giants guard) reaction to Suh's comments:

Mr official, my hands were frozen, otherwise I wouldn't have held that guy. Totally using that next season.

LOL!!!
NFL: League is a joke but the product is fun to watch.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't be serious? That clown in green and gold? No Thanks. And he's not nasty, he's dirty.
The only reason we Packer fans hate Suh with a passion. Is because he is responsible for like half the mega-hits, Rodgers has taken in his career... The stomp was uncalled for. The later hits seem intentional. And when he does what he does to Rodgers, you have to draw the line IMO. Between decency, and stretching the rules to get the most out of your physical advantages...Suh is scary. Offensive coordinators have to make sure they have a good plan for him. IMO, he is the reason the Lions defense is good... They build off him. Its all great stuff. Until he goes and does something completely out of the bounds of sportsmanship... I cant believe they let him off. His frozen foot excuse is worse than the BS he said when he stomped Deitrich smith. Pathetic, and embarassing IMO...

That said. I was waiting for the defense to give Rodgers a cheap shot, after that Barrington BURRIED Stafford after the throw. Helmet to chest, and came down like a Ram, head first.... Burried him. That was, eh,,,,,not clean, we could say:)

But yes Im serious. I would sweep all the BS under the rug, and sign him in a second for those two reasons. His huge bloated salary will make sure that doesnt happen... But in all reality. A DE of that stature, and caliber, added to this rotation... We would BREAK the offenses. I loved the Perry at OLB pick. Big huge fast for OLB. Then Datone Jones is a hybrid DE/OLB like Aldon Smith in SanFran. But the whole time, I have wanted another big, huge, fast 300+ pounder, to anchor one side. I believed Raji would shine with some help up front... Another dominant D-lineman would do this team wonders... Too bad Raji went down. He probabally would have had fun this year...

Michael Moldenhauer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. Goodell! Where are your balls? Suh needs a real education! Suspend him for the season. 2 game suspension is nothing but a joke! Your predecessor would have thrown him out of the league for that kind of behavior!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suh being allowed to play is a blessing in disguise. He gives Detroit a much better chance of winning, which means we would face Arizona/Carolina in the event of a Lions victory. Is there anyone here who would rather have Dallas come into town, undefeated on the road, rather than the Lindley led Cardinals or 7-8-1 Panthers?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Lions beat anybody in the NFC playoffs this year unless that team helps them quite a bit. Detroits Dline couldn't do anything against us, how do you think they're going to fare against Dallas' oline? Detroit's offense is led by a talented child with a barely adequate Oline. Talent abound and zero leadership still.

If they win it's because someone else shot themselves in the foot.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I read this morning that Suh's excuse was that his feet were numb it pissed me off even more. Let me guess his thigh was numb as well and didn't feel Rodgers swat at him either. Suh is laughing at the NFL!! What a joke!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason we Packer fans hate Suh with a passion. Is because he is responsible for like half the mega-hits, Rodgers has taken in his career...
No, I respect good players but not dirty ones. It's an important distinction. I couldn't care how good a player is if his character and morals are garbage, as is the case here and with Randy Moss.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Suh being allowed to play is a blessing in disguise. He gives Detroit a much better chance of winning, which means we would face Arizona/Carolina in the event of a Lions victory. Is there anyone here who would rather have Dallas come into town, undefeated on the road, rather than the Lindley led Cardinals or 7-8-1 Panthers?

It's my unvarnished twisted opinion that the Packers shouldn't be afraid of anyone coming on to their turf in January. If a team wants to go to the big dance, they should be able to beat the big teams on their own turf and off. It adds more to the Packer legend if they knock off the big teams on their way to the Super Bowl!

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't be afraid to go to the other guys house and play for a title. IF this comes to pass Packer players AND coaches need to be up to the challenge. Quite frankly I think the coaches are the bigger question. The punt return for a touchdown allowed GB to dodge a bullet. The inability to score on 6 or 7 attempts from inside the 10, four from inside the 2, was as much or more a matter of abysmal play calling as it was lack of execution on the field.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
The inability to score on 6 or 7 attempts from inside the 10, four from inside the 2, was as much or more a matter of abysmal play calling as it was lack of execution on the field.

I agree 100%. The play calling on that was very disappointing after the way the D came out and set the Lions back on their heels.

At times the play calling seems stubborn.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%. The play calling on that was very disappointing after the way the D came out and set the Lions back on their heels.

At times the play calling seems stubborn.

I will defend the call to go for it every time, because when you're that close, you force the other team to operate with terrible field position even if you don't get it. 3 points is great but you're going to be back kicking off, this way even if you don't get it you've got a great shot to get the ball back quickly in great field position or get a safety.

But I agree the playcalling itself left something to be desired. 1 handoff to Lacy with 4 plays from the 1 is not enough, and it should probably be done before 4th down.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
FIRE THE COMMISSIONER!

I think the whole thing was planned.

1.) Suspend Suh to quiet the outraged.

2.) Let him win his BS appeal because over and above all "We Protect The Shield. We will under NO circumstances whatsoever diminish our playoff product by suspending a key player going into the playoffs."

And just to be clear, I don't really care whether Suh stepped on Aaron Rodgers or the Oakland Raider's 3rd string Tight End.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually no I dont think he planned it out...sure maybe he ended up standing on him and then knew it, but I dont think he started out with the intent of standing on him. In the end he ended up on him and that's where he made his mistake by how he acted after the fact.

But I still say the only reason this is even being talked about is because of who it was anyone else across the line on D or O a word would not have been said. And if those are going to be the guidelines for suspension you can figure on suspending a few players a game as people start watching who steps on who more often and perhaps checking out how players act when in piles, etc... Opens a can of worms really in the end as the media and fans a like will start recording more at games to get players suspended.

Like I said somewhere else there is intent to injure going on all the time every play we just dont see it played back in slo mo for 18 hours when it happens. I am sure we will see more and more though as it becomes a tool used to effect things.

Oh and his suspension virtually ensures the Packers of playing Dallas and then Seattle. ;)

I disagree on one point. If this had been any other players involved this would still be talked about. The difference would be that if it had been Matthews that stepped on Stafford EVERY SINGLE PACKER FAN would be screaming ACCIDENTAL. If it would have been some no name lineman stepping on a backup QB the ratios of intentional to accidental would probably be reversed.

The high profile of the players is certainly helping keep the story up there but I think its more because of Suh than Rodgers.

You mentioned this I wonder how many people condemning him actually saw the play at real speed with the entire play not just the two seconds of slo mo footage of him actually standing on the leg or several forward backward replays.

I know I am in the very small majority of Packers fans (maybe the only one) and minority of fans everywhere that don't think this was intentional. The way I saw it was he was moving backwards from being blocked and there is this thing called inertia. You can't just stop a 300 pound object instantly. The first step was obvious (to me) a result of the play. As his right foot was coming down Rodgers leg was underneath and the foot sort of rolls off. Backward momentum carried him back and he stepped on it again with his left leg. Since Aarons leg is higher than the ground when Suh comes to a stop his right foot is going to come off the ground. The only way to prevent that would be to bend his left leg and no one who is moving backward putting pressure on his back is going to do that because they will fall. Its instinctive reaction. Its almost impossible to do stepping backwards from a stand still when you know what is going to happen. Now try it at full speed going backwards when you have no idea what is going on behind you.

As far as his reaction. As a player you watch the action. You concentrate on the ball. You don't pay attention to what is going on behind you away from the ball. Your though process is not going to be I'm going backwards, whats that weird feeling under my foot, my foot came down on something that isn't ground, gee I wonder what it is. It can only be one thing it can only be Aaron's leg I'm going to take another step back and really push off.

Maybe, after Rodgers slaps him on the *** and he is walking away, he may realize what happened and at that point he could have turned around and said Oh gee Aaron did I step on your leg? Are you OK? Does it hurt? here, let me help you up I'm really really sorry. I didn't mean it. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Or he could have just walked away like most football players do when a play is over.

All that said it could have been intentional but I don't think it was. Bring on the disagree votes

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts