Suh gonna pay for that

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing the Lions cant afford him and hell be someone elses problem soon enough.

Im all in favor of drafting a nasty back up lineman who has a mean streak in him, though, just in case

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have gained one level!! lol!

Really? What was I before I was a "cheesehead"?

And, just in case I was unclear, Ndamukong Suh is a moron.

It's entirely possible that his actions will cost his team a playoff game.

Sure, his team-mates support him. What else are they going to say? "Ndamukong Suh is a moron"? Unlikely.

Cowboys or whomever the Packers have to play next, makes no difference. Let's roll.

I'd like to see one more Lombardi Trophy in the showcase before I croak.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suh is a thug, and he'll never change. Peter King thinks his appeal will be overturned, because he's unsure that stepping on Rogers was intentional. Maybe King thinks that Suh has a neurological disorder that prevents him from knowing what or where his feet are stepping--a peripheral neuropathy or spinal degeneration, for example. That's unlikely, Peter. Suh knew perfectly well what he was doing. But I agree with King that the league should reverse the suspension. Let him play and have him help beat the 'Boys. We see him again in Lambeau in 2 weeks where Linsley again makes him irrelevant.

Ken Sherwin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im kind of leaning toward offering him a contract:). Get him off Rodgers completely. And add a little nasty to our D-line...

Reality aside. Could you imagine a DE as dominant as Sue for our 3-4?
He could never be a Packer with his attitude

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for suspending Suh for what he did, the idea that he didn't know what he was doing is stupid. Mike Golic put it best, these guys are playing on a FLAT field. If you step on something that's not flat, you KNOW it's a person and your initial reaction is to shift your weight off that foot and step off the person, not lean back and put all your weight on the person.

That said, I really wish Suh wasn't being suspended because I would much rather play the Lions than the Cowboys. Cowboys are 8-0 on the road for a reason and have a much better offense than the Lions. I would be completely confident in the Packers beating the Lions but, while I think the Packers would win, I'm much less sanguine about facing the Cowboys.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm all for suspending Suh for what he did, the idea that he didn't know what he was doing is stupid. Mike Golic put it best, these guys are playing on a FLAT field. If you step on something that's not flat, you KNOW it's a person and your initial reaction is to shift your weight off that foot and step off the person, not lean back and put all your weight on the person.

That said, I really wish Suh wasn't being suspended because I would much rather play the Lions than the Cowboys. Cowboys are 8-0 on the road for a reason and have a much better offense than the Lions. I would be completely confident in the Packers beating the Lions but, while I think the Packers would win, I'm much less sanguine about facing the Cowboys.

Just to clarify, the Packers can´t play the Lions in the Divisional Round of the playoffs as Detroit would have to play Seattle as the lowest remaining seeded team.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the Packers can´t play the Lions in the Divisional Round of the playoffs as Detroit would have to play Seattle as the lowest remaining seeded team.

Even better because I would definitely prefer Carolina or Arizona over any of the other teams.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question becomes do we start filming every player and having each player watched and recorded for motive and intent on every play?

No, just the ones that have a history of doing it in a very blatant and malicious way.... Like in this instance. The fact that he put all his pressure on the one foot and never ever looked down to see what/who he was standing on EVEN AFTER GETTING SLAPPED IN THE *** ABOUT IT makes the intent clear as day.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There ya go he paid for it now its more likely the Packers will face Dallas and then maybe go to Seattle.

I still say it was over board to suspend him and what happened there happens many times a game across the line every week. This could open the door to increased monitoring of players and actions across the board and lead to more fines suspensions from non super star players who do small things that show intent. I see intent to injure many times a game from all the different types of players during each week. It's going to fun to see how they treat the next guy who steps on someone else in a game.

The Only reason it was even noticed was it was Suh and Rodgers involved.

I watched the game btw and saw a couple of *cough* intent to injures by packer players towards Stafford...no call on one of them. I guess it matters how much fame you have or perhaps $$$ you pay?

Could you specifically point out those attempts to injure Stafford?

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
But that player wasn`t Suh was it ?. Not everybody on your team has that gene built into him.

No, it was Jason Jones, and he had a clear shot which would have been a perfectly legal hit, but let up when he saw that Rodgers was injured. The reason he, and other Lions fans bring this up is because this:

That team has an internal culture that is rotten to the core.

is a sentiment shared by far too many fans and players around the league. A few bad apples and all that.....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No, it was Jason Jones, and he had a clear shot which would have been a perfectly legal hit, but let up when he saw that Rodgers was injured. The reason he, and other Lions fans bring this up is because this:

is a sentiment shared by far too many fans and players around the league. A few bad apples and all that.....

And I personally buy into that frame of mind too, but I'm sorry Suh deserves his punishment for this incident. I admire Lion fans loyalty to thier man to a point, but it happened and the entire league saw it happen. Another Lion fan said last night that maybe they should watch for dirty play throughout the entire league and not just high profile players like Suh, and I say I totally agree if it stamps, (no pun intended) this type of thing out. Good luck in Dallas. I really mean that ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the league should have gone further than a one game suspension. Had this occurred mid-season with Suh's history of disregard for player safety, I think it would have been at least two games. They only did one because it is the playoffs. Suh obviously hasn't learned his lesson and likely still won't because someone will pay him ridiculous money this offseason when his most memorable play was unsportsman-like.

That said, Suh's suspension hurts the Packers. I'd rather see the Lions beat Dallas and take on Seattle. I think Detroit and Seattle are a good matchup. I'd also rather that the Packers face Arizona/Carolina and then maybe, hopefully face Detroit in Green Bay for a NFC Championship rematch.

D

Deleted member 6794

Appeals officier Ted Cottrell has rescinded Suh's suspension, reducing the discipline to a $70,000 fine.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can understand them overturning the suspension to a degree, but that fine is a joke for a multiple time repeat offender. How you dont fine him 250,000 or more is beyond me.

G

GhostofCurly

That'll teach him. Cottrell is a bigger moron than Suh. Expect more of the same from the ********* named Suh. Even the NFL is scared of him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can understand them overturning the suspension to a degree, but that fine is a joke for a multiple time repeat offender. How you dont fine him 250,000 or more is beyond me.
Well it's more then he'll make in the playoff game

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nfl did not take into consideration prior offenses

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That team has an internal culture that is rotten to the core. The problem won't be handled by any Lions.

I meant opponents. If somebody goes Conrad Dobler on his A** and beats the holy hell out of him on the football field, then goes into the commissioners office and says "Well, somebody had to do something else, your plan didn't work' he'll realize his shtick doesn't play.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This makes ZERO sense

Trying to injure an opposing player after the play is over (much less an already injured player much less this is NOT your first offense) deserves far more than a one game suspension.... Unless the whole "new emphasis on player safety" is a total charade (probably is)

If you determine he did NOT try to injure a player after the play was over, why was he fined a penny?

I'd love to posse these questions during upcoming litigation where the league professes a new found concern for player safety

Also, I wouldn't be suprised to see the officials giving Suh some extra attention this Sunday. He does anything slightly dirty I have a feeling a flag will launch, and if he utters ANY protest he'll probably be headed to the locker room

If I'm Dallas I'm baiting this moron BIGtime...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts