stupidity at its finest

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You added the last two sentences, so I had to remove my agree. I believe that it IS a lack of courage. Williams didn't wiff on the tackle, he actually avoided the attempt.

Still disagree. He got stuck in a position where he thought AP was going one way and he cut the other way and froze him in his tracks. He does that to a lot of guys, even LBs. The guy is nearly impossible to tackle 1-on-1 in open space. Courage had nothing to do with it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Still disagree. He got stuck in a position where he thought AP was going one way and he cut the other way and froze him in his tracks. He does that to a lot of guys, even LBs. The guy is nearly impossible to tackle 1-on-1 in open space. Courage had nothing to do with it.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 141

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

And? I don't see anyone "running away" in your pictures. I see a CB getting juked out of his socks by the best runner in football. You wanna know a secret, LTF? He's not the first and he won't be the last.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And? I don't see anyone "running away" in your pictures. I see a CB getting juked out of his socks by the best runner in football. You wanna know a secret, LTF? He's not the first and he won't be the last.

I KNOW HE will do it to others...

I was called a ball licker dont forget in chat, cuz I was explaining how well AP was running..

I say he was alligatoring arming him and avoiding him..thats my opinion, so please do not tell me it is wrong..

You think he was juked, fair enough

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even Troy Aikman called him out seriously. Please stop defending him.

Oh, well hell. If Troy Acheman said it... Please, the guy says almost as much stupid crap as Collinsworth these days. Both had a few too many concussions.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I KNOW HE will do it to others...

I was called a ball licker dont forget in chat, cuz I was explaining how well AP was running..

I say he was alligatoring arming him and avoiding him..thats my opinion, so please do not tell me it is wrong..

You think he was juked, fair enough

If he was avoiding him, he wouldn't have been moving TOWARD him. He got juked and burned, pure and simple. He just doesn't have the skills necessary to take AP 1-on-1. I'm not sure anyone really does.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If he was avoiding him, he wouldn't have been moving TOWARD him. He got juked and burned, pure and simple. He just doesn't have the skills necessary to take AP 1-on-1. I'm not sure anyone really does.

again stop telling me my opinion is wrong..

You say he was juked,

Just have to disagree

Thanks

H

HardRightEdge

When I read the heading of this thread, I thought it would be about McCarthy throwing the flag.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of stupidity, I keep LOLing..... they are interviewing Cowboys fans at local sports bars here following their loss to the Redskins.

All the black fans they interviewed said they need to "get rid a Romo, he terrible", 2 of them said "get Vick".

The white fans said Jerry Jones needs to hire a GM and get a new coach.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

They replay this EXACT play on NFLN NOW

Marshall Faulk pointed him out and said "he is unblocked, no one is going to touch him..He is going to have a chance to make this tackle..Does nothing" exact quote..

Michael Irvin in background LAUGHING

Now, you see it different thats fine...But I will take the pro's word for what happened

H

HardRightEdge

Marshall Faulk pointed him out and said "he is unblocked, no one is going to touch him..He is going to have a chance to make this tackle..Does nothing" exact quote..

Now, you see it different thats fine...But I will take the pro's word for what happened

There is no doubt: business decision.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Even more stupid---> allowing almost 30 yards on a 2nd down and 27 on an off tackle running play. Adrian Peterson or NOT!
Even the annoucers called that play. One of them said "I would give it right back to Peterson because now he's mad and wants to make up for his mistake" or something along those line. It was a good play call.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't get jucked he didn't even wanna tackle AP. Tramon played like a scrub the entire game. If Heyward wasn't a rookie and Shields wasn't raw at Cb Williams would be the third or 4th corner. his play has dropped big time.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Okay, let them do your thinking for you. I think and decide for myself.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Marshall called it how it was. At least make the guy run back to the pursuit side if you are going to wuss out on the tackle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I am REALLY not trying to cause anything here just a real question..

Everyone posting here seems to agree Tramon didn't try....We have NFLN stating he didn't try..

But your sure he did try, why?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was clearly Tramon not giving his best effort, pee-wee football players could realize that. My question is if you think Tramon was juked and so sure of that, does that not mean you are claiming to KNOW what Tramon was thinking on that play? The evidence points to him not being juked but giving a lackluster effort on a tackle which he has been known to do before.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is just not using proper logic. You can absolutely be moving toward a running back and not wanting to hit them. Think of it as a basketball analogy. A ball is going out of bounds and player is running TOWARDS the ball but lets up way to early and the ball goes out when they could have probably saved it. That is the difference of EFFORT.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think this is a lack of thinking on the part of LTF. Actually I found the content of the post to be presenting the viewpoint of someone with a large amount of credibility when it comes to talking Football. Which in turn gives credibility to LTF's views because they are aligned with an acknowledged "expert" in relation to Football. To offhandedly discount what an expert thinks is rather ignorant imo. (I mean in every facet of life, not just Football.)

That all being said, I generally find Faulk's analysis to be overly critical at times so I tend to take what he says with a grain of salt; though, I agree, for the most part, with Faulk on this topic. I think the truth lies somewhere between the two views. That is: he probably did get juked out of his jock, but it also didn't look like he wanted any part of running into AP on a handful of plays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts