stupidity at its finest

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even more stupid---> allowing almost 30 yards on a 2nd down and 27 on an off tackle running play. Adrian Peterson or NOT!

Easy for you to say on this side of the TV screen. I'm betting you'd be lucky to get a hand on the guy in 20 tries 1-on-1 on a 5 yard wide field.

12theTruth

It is obvious from watching the game that Tramon shied away from taking on Adrian Peterson. He had more than one opportunity to lay the wood on Peterson but did NOT challenge A.D.

Tramon is not Deion Sanders although he thinks he is.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're right. Big difference. "Juked out of his pants" = old adage. "Juked out of his *******" = childish and petty

Nobody ran away from him.

Sorry bud..

Tramon 2 times did alligator arms to him and was showed in replays

I dvr'd it and will watch tomorrow and take a pic of it

12theTruth

Easy for you to say on this side of the TV screen. I'm betting you'd be lucky to get a hand on the guy in 20 tries 1-on-1 on a 5 yard wide field.

No its not actually easy for me to say. It hurts watching the defense revert to 2010 form and having to talk about their ineptness rather than the recent progress that was being made.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I wish my 3D TV had a mode on it that said ____Help Tackle.......D**n 17 weeks of this crap........Tomorrows practice should be 9 hrs of how to Tackle 101.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish my 3D TV had a mode on it that said ____Help Tackle.......D**n 17 weeks of this crap........Tomorrows practice should be 9 hrs of how to Tackle 101.....

Other than Tramon---P is a beast sometimes it just cant be helped..

Like that back shoulder throw Rodgers does...Just can't do anything about it

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No its not actually easy for me to say. It hurts watching the defense revert to 2010 form and having to talk about their ineptness rather than the recent progress that was being made.

I thought the defense was pretty good in 2010. (Yes, I know what you meant.)

One down game does not erase the progress they made this year on defense. To say so is myopic. They were playing a team that was fighting for their lives with the best RB who happened to be on a personal mission himself (though he fell short.) Up until today, we had won our last 13 games (including playoffs) against division rivals, which is nearly unheard-of. How long did you expect that streak to continue unbroken? If we'd had Cobb, I have no doubt we would have won. Our offense would probably have gotten off to a much better start.

Next week will be the first time in forever that we've been able to put Jennings, Cobb, Nelson and Jones all on the field for a long time. Those 4 have played together for what, maybe 8 or 9 quarters all season long?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it means you're a cornerback trying to tackle AP.

But he wasnt..

He had a CLEAR shot to hit him but he shied away and trying to put arms out but couldnt reach him with his alligator arms

I will get that picture and show you

I been in Ap corner saying how he is a beast and sometimes you cant help not tackle him..

But Tramon didnt even try on two occasions..

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
as a football player that is as close to running away as you can get..

Means you want no part of him

And that's why I used the term "*******". It was clear to me, IMO, that Tramon did not have courage to square up against AP. On one play, he even turned to hit a blocker who was irrelevant instead of contacting the runner. I was even yelling for MM to put in Bush.

But, apparently some fans think this is ok because we couldn't catch or tackle AP ourselves.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is obvious from watching the game that Tramon shied away from taking on Adrian Peterson. He had more than one opportunity to lay the wood on Peterson but did NOT challenge A.D.

I don't want my CBs trying to "lay the wood" on AP because most CBs will probably miss and then he's gone. Williams did what most CBs tend to do with him and tried to guess which way he was going to juke. He guessed wrong. I'm not going to get all Chicken Little when I see a CB struggle to tackle a guy that most LBs struggle to tackle.

Tramon is not Deion Sanders although he thinks he is.

Seriously? Sanders had enough trouble tackling WRs, let alone guys like AP.

PFanCan

Reaction score
I thought the defense was pretty good in 2010. (Yes, I know what you meant.)

One down game does not erase the progress they made this year on defense. To say so is myopic. They were playing a team that was fighting for their lives with the best RB who happened to be on a personal mission himself (though he fell short.) Up until today, we had won our last 13 games (including playoffs) against division rivals, which is nearly unheard-of. How long did you expect that streak to continue unbroken? If we'd had Cobb, I have no doubt we would have won. Our offense would probably have gotten off to a much better start.

Next week will be the first time in forever that we've been able to put Jennings, Cobb, Nelson and Jones all on the field for a long time. Those 4 have played together for what, maybe 8 or 9 quarters all season long?
I agree with you on all this.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And that's why I used the term "*******". It was clear to me, IMO, that Tramon did not have courage to square up against AP. On one play, he even turned to hit a blocker who was irrelevant instead of contacting the runner. I was even yelling for MM to put in Bush.

But, apparently some fans think this is ok because we couldn't catch or tackle AP ourselves.

No, but unnecessary childishness degrades people's arguments, does it not?

I don't think it's an issue of courage so much as ability. Tramon is in good company around the league.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Look-- all I am saying was that Williams poor tackling, which isn't at all a surprise, was really on display today. More than usual.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today showed why we need Woodson back. He's a sure tackler in the box and smart. He'd be a perfect replacement for Jennings in the base and can line up close to the line in the nickel to play strong against the run. Hopefully he's back next week.

12theTruth

I don't want my CBs trying to "lay the wood" on AP because most CBs will probably miss and then he's gone. Williams did what most CBs tend to do with him and tried to guess which way he was going to juke. He guessed wrong. I'm not going to get all Chicken Little when I see a CB struggle to tackle a guy that most LBs struggle to tackle.

Seriously? Sanders had enough trouble tackling WRs, let alone guys like AP.

Chicken little? WTH are you talking abouty? Tramon is a much better cover corner and it is NOT his strength to punish the WR for attempting to catch the ball. It doesn't mean he should basically cry mercy. Tramon has had a down season, today being the pinnacle of his non chalent play. His act is wearing thin!

Every play counts and NO we shouldn't dismiss it when a player who is in position ot make a tackle shirks off his responsibility to help the defense out to the best of his ability from his current position in which he can stop the play from advancing.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But he wasnt..

He had a CLEAR shot to hit him but he shied away and trying to put arms out but couldnt reach him with his alligator arms

I will get that picture and show you

I been in Ap corner saying how he is a beast and sometimes you cant help not tackle him..

But Tramon didnt even try on two occasions..

I don't need a picture. I watched the game. But you're right. I'm wrong... again.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chicken little? WTH are you talking abouty?

What it means is I'm not going to freak out and declare the end of the world/season just because a CB who is an average tackler had problems tackling the most difficult player in the world to tackle.

Every play counts and NO we shouldn't dismiss it when a player who is in position ot make a tackle shirks off his responsibility to help the defense out to the best of his ability from his current position in which he can stop the play from advancing.

Again, easy to say from the sidelines.

I simply disagree with your assessment. I didn't see him shirk anything.

PFanCan

Reaction score
No, but unnecessary childishness degrades people's arguments, does it not?

I don't think it's an issue of courage so much as ability. Tramon is in good company around the league.

You added the last two sentences, so I had to remove my agree. I believe that it IS a lack of courage. Williams didn't wiff on the tackle, he actually avoided the attempt.

My last post on this.

Members online

Latest posts