1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid NFL writer tells Rodgers to "Get Over It" after he gets mad about his TB performance

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cheesehurdler, Nov 22, 2011.

1. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Click here for the article.

A quote:
    Excuse me? Are you seriously chastising Rodgers for realizing that he has flaws? What the hell is he supposed to do, say "Aw, shucks, I threw a pick. Whatever" instead of "Damn, I shouldn't have done that. I know I can do better"?

Apparently, you've never heard of "Determination", or the strife to be better. One of the reasons I respect Rodgers is because he never assumes that he is the best QB he can be. He's always finding ways to improve himself. Whenever you hear him talk about himself, you hear some form of "I haven't reached the peak of my career". He said that, of course, during his historic 2011 season where he's recording an unreal 7.75-1 INT ratio. If he followed your advice to "get over it", during, say, the 2010 Falcons Divisional Playoff game where he registered one of the best playoff performances in NFL history, he would've been crushed by the Steelers in SB XLV, if he hasn't been crushed by the Bears already in the 2010 NFCCG.

Not only that, but you're looking at just stats, instead of the real picture. The interception was as horribly timed as it could get. It was after a great punt return by Randall Cobb that put the Packers at TB's 40. The score was 28-26 GB, and TB was fresh off of scoring a touchdown. A touchdown gives them an 11-point lead. On the first play of the drive, Rodgers made one the most errant throws I've ever seen from him (and I've watched him since his Dallas game in 2007) and it got intercepted. What would your reaction be if you were in his position? "Wow, I threw a pick. Oh, well, I still had an awesome day. Bring Flynn in." Hell no. That's the type of attitude that loses games. If he had that attitude, he most likely wouldn't have thrown that final touchdown to Nelson and the Bucs might've won. Then, what?

Mr. Hanzus, you are a damned fool if you think that believing that you can always do better is being a spoiled "prom queen". If I owned a company, I'd love to have employees with that attitude. It shows humility, determination, and a drive to succeed. You're basically saying that he should stop getting better and arrogantly believe that he is the best quarterback ever to walk the field.

You know who had that attitude? Ryan Leaf. Look where it got him.

2. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +508
    Apparently he should have said "Finally, a pick! Whew! I was beginning to wonder if NFL writers would think I was too big for my britches!"

3. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    amen, cheese

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I think you're taking the comment a little more seriously than the writer intended.....

[​IMG]

Oh, this actually is a game? Carry on....

• Like Like x 1
  5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I was actually googling for a good "serious business" picture, but this was too good to pass up!

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Just another stupid article.

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE throws picks!!!! Look at Drew Brees, he's a great passer and he throws them from time to time. Tom Brady broke the record for most passes without an interception, and he threw one in the playoffs right after taking that record.

Rodgers has 4 interceptions this season and people are acting like it's a shock. Don't forget, everyone throws picks, even Peyton Manning threw them when everyone least expected him to. It's bound to happen if you're a quarterback.

7. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    :roflmao: Alright, I did admit that I took that article a little too seriously, but it touched a nerve within me that made me so mad that I had to write a rebuttal. I guess I have to take things beyond face value.

My point still stands, though.

8. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I read that article,to me it's no big deal A-Rod like other athletes take their position very seriously the thing is he lets it go don't dwell on it he keeps his head in the game,look at cobb he made an awful mistake but made up for it,that's what makes some players good.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I can understand what the writer was saying, comparing it to the prom queen thing. I was our prom king, and also was unhappy with a zit on my nose..... wait no, that wasn't me. That was someone else......

10. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I think the comment at the end was kinda ******.

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I feel like 4 interceptions is too many for him.
    When it happened I felt robbed.
    I mean, the over rated guy before him throwing interceptions? Yeah, we're used to that. What else is new?
    A-Rod throwing an interception? Say it ain't so!

12. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Alright, alright, I'd like to apologize for the reaction I gave to the article.

The reason is because I misinterpreted the point of the article and took it more seriously than I should've, and I should've realized that it was a joke article. I mean, I'm pretty sure he was joking around when he told Aaron Rodgers to stop acting like a prom queen. It angered me when it shouldn't, and I have a lot more things to worry about when it comes to the Packers than an opinion piece on an NFL website. Like wondering if Rodgers will survive Thursday's game.

Again, I apologize if I offended anybody.

13. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    Im actually relieved he threw one haha, its been buggin me the last few games.
    I felt like an INT was due, and now that it has happened I can relax knowing its not going to happen for a while.

Heres whats funny though,

An off day for Aaron Rodgers where he was NOT HAPPY with his performance:

299 yards, 3TD's, 1 Int, 117 Passer rating.

Most teams would kill for performances like that and here Rodgers is complaining about his performance :p

14. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    I could see his headline if Aaron just blew it off. "Rodgers arrogance shines on".

15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I don't get it. I just don't.
    What kind of Packers fan feels better whenever they take some satisfaction in seeing a player or the team fail?

There are Packers fans out there who tend to think that the Packers need to lose one so the Packers will play better? .
    What kind of thinking is that?

16. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    The post was tongue in cheek. Chill out!!:rolleyes:

17. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    It just seemed like a lazy article with no real point to it. Fans get upset when they feel like their teams' players don't care enough about having a bad game. Jay Cutler gives off that sort of vibe even though he's super-competitive and it rubs people the wrong way.

Never heard of this writer and can't imagine I'll be hearing much more from him if he writes like this.

18. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Probably cause he's bitter and Mark Sanchez is his favorite teams QB

19. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    This writer is borderline retarded. God forbid Rodgers want to play better than he did. Funny how the media never gets on Tom Brady's dick when he blows out a team 45-3 and says he can still play better football.

They'll just be like "Gosh, Tom Brady... what a competitor, eh?"

20. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    OMG, Aaron Rodgers is human! :eek: I thought they were testing him for Adonis DNA and Tiger blood.

For real, man! His INT rate is still significantly low as compared to some other QBs. I don't think he will show up in human form for the Lions, though. TB got lucky, Rodgers was without his mask and cape.

21. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    With the increased news presence on the internet, I'm beginning to realize how many horrible sports writers there are out there. Anyone ever read anything by Chris Chase on Yahoo? There's no one better at taking no news and turning into big no news.

22. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    It makes all the sense in the world when you think about it. In victory teams, individuals, whatever, have a tendancy to rest on their laurels and be satisfied. In defeat, deficiencies are brought to the forefront and changes must be made to be able to compete.

Think about it from the individual athlete perspective. An athlete gets better by playing against people who are better than him, not worse. It's the definition adaptation.

I'm not rooting for a Packers loss but I absolutely think that, if they lose, it would be very beneficial to the team. I would even go so far as to say I think they have a better chance of winning the SB at 15-1 than 16-0.

23. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I think it's directly related to how the loss to the Patriots last year kind of sparked the team. Logically, it works. But I don't think that kind of logic applies.

24. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    We're 10-0, and all his passer ratings are above 100 so far this season, so obviously he is doing something right.

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Your basing your thinking on past and different trends.
    With the Packers playing today, I believe, really seriously believe that they are different.
    I believe that they don't let these wins get to their head and they never will.
    They are a very grounded down-to-earth team. I think being in small city/large town Green Bay and being community owned has a lot to do with it.
    And they have the OK, not awesome but OK enough-to-get-the-job-done defense to keep themselves humble.

I get what your suggesting to me.
    What I don't get is why anyone should have a fear of winning.