Studs?? N duds Titans

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Watson. He was a last minute pick-up for me on my FFB team as almost everyone was on a bye this week for me. Needed that night from him!

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
…The defensive side particularly frustrates me because we've spent a lot of draft capital there. I don't think the players are as bad as they play. Which is down to coaching/scheme. Biggest beef for me: they play pretty well on first and second down. Then we're in a 3rd and 6 . . . and the defense gives a 7 yard cushion. We're in 3rd and 9 . . . and the defense gives a 10 yard cushion. We're in 3rd and 12 . . . and the defense gives a 13 yard cushion. Over and over, every single game. At least it looks that way to me...
Pass defense seems to be going backwards. All the talk leading up to the game was that the Titans were weak at WR and Tannehill wasn’t quite 100%, and yet we couldn’t have made things any easier for him. Soft second half play by the secondary is a weekly thing and won’t keep us in games when we are always playing from behind.

So much for elite. I would settle for just solid at this point. Even solid defenses don’t have to pick their poison.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary wasn’t even out there and Preston was very solid and clutch at big moments. Enagabare continues to show he was a steal as well.
Preston has been solid all year, and I’ve been very impressed with Enagbare. I think we found a pretty good player in him. Run and pass, sets and edge and can push the pocket.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary wasn’t even out there and Preston was very solid and clutch at big moments. Enagabare continues to show he was a steal as well.
I know I’m saying in general.. comes down to being poorly coached

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
The defense - giving up 407 yards to the second worse offense in the NFL; they let Tannehill throw for over 12 yards per attempt
The offense - as expected by anyone sane, the running game was pretty terrible against the best run D in the league and the passing offense was unable to accomplish much of anything
Personnel on the team - this team has seen a massive talent drain on offense and defense over the last 3 years and Gute is going to have to absolutely crush the draft this season to field a decent team

Studs:
Randall Cobb - glad Gute signed him despite all those clamoring that he was just going to get passed by Amari
Christian Watson - Not because he was an amazing overall receiver but it's just nice to see him accomplishing some things after the way his season started

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: offensive play calling. Those pitiful passes to the flat. Banging their heads against the Titan D line. Worst of all the lousy play design in pass routes. Who is our receiver coach anyway?

Reaction score
The Packers faced five third down and short situations vs. the Titans and converted four of them (two running and two throwing the ball). Yet all you focus on is the one they didn't convert. It wasn't the reason the team ended up losing the game by any means though.
This has been going on the entire year, not only this contest. Much of the time you've got to quit forcing it downfield (especially in a game that's cold and windy) and take what's given to you. That's what TN did all day they took what we gave them. In particular the first half was ultra Vanilla, we did open the playbook a little coming out half 2 and it was noticeable for awhile

Reaction score
Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
I was going to vent, but I kept the list reasonable :coffee:

Heres a Stud for you:

Tennessee for all I minimized them. Their coaching was near perfect, and they completely consumed the clock and just slowly bled us. They are not a powerhouse at all, but they are very disciplined and consistent and that carries you a ways

Christian Watson. If he cleans up some underneath routes and improves his hands a smidge? He's going to be dangerous in a couple seasons. He's not even warmed up yet

Quay Walker, Rasul Douglas (great instincts) Preston Smith and Krys Barnes all came to play

Last edited:

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are looking at bottom of the division here. Folks we won't beat the Eagles in Philly, then what? We're going to beat all the teams in the division or go .500? We stink right now and let one of the worst offenses (statistically) just light us up in passing. I want to believe that we can beat the Lions, and Queens at home, but the GBP are looking bad, to very bad. Fixing a thing here and a thing there will not fix this team. We may need a giant overhaul at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We are looking at bottom of the division here. Folks we won't beat the Eagles in Philly, then what? We're going to beat all the teams in the division or go .500? We stink right now and let one of the worst offenses (statistically) just light us up in passing. I want to believe that we can beat the Lions, and Queens at home, but the GBP are looking bad, to very bad. Fixing a thing here and a thing there will not fix this team. We may need a giant overhaul at this point.
As I mentioned in another post, at this point wins don't mean a whole lot to me. I'd actually prefer they use the next 6 games to evaluate all the players on the current roster, that they feel will be there in 2023. That means let Love get a fair amount of work in. Pretty much go down the roster and start subbing next years roster in and see how they play. This will serve 2 main purposes. First, it gives those players a lot of reps and experiences that they might not otherwise see. Second, it gives Gute and his staff more information as to what to do in the offseason.

I don't need to see anymore of Sammy Watkins, he has lived up to the failed fourth overall pick in the 2014 draft, that most already knew that he was. Give #12 some time off. Bring up some PS guys and insert them in with vets. Basically, use the next 6 games like they used to use Preseason games. Start the starters for a Q or 2 and then mix in the rest of the players.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass defense seems to be going backwards. All the talk leading up to the game was that the Titans were weak at WR and Tannehill wasn’t quite 100%, and yet we couldn’t have made things any easier for him. Soft second half play by the secondary is a weekly thing and won’t keep us in games when we are always playing from behind.

So much for elite. I would settle for just solid at this point. Even solid defenses don’t have to pick their poison.
What was embarrassing was that long shot down the sideline by Tannehill. It was a bad throw and if someone is close to the receiver it is incomplete. But no one near him.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Preston, Watson, Cobb, our new kick returner.
Medium: Lazard, some good plays, then the boneheaded stop on his route which crushed our drive. Crosby.
Dudz: Very top dud is LaFleur's game plan. This is a bottom 5 pass defense, and we ran the ball what 50% against one of if not THE top run defense in the league. Running the ball that much crushed drives and kept our defense on the field. Watson is a star in the making and he gets only a few measly targets? Reportedly, Lafleur stayed late after Dallas to help prep for this game. What exactly was he planning? I hope he didn't get overtime. Why run at the strength of this defense, and then keep going when we see it's not working well? Unbelievable, and so ridiculously dumb.
Jaire - I think this is a year that will humble him. He's been owned by a few WR's now, not that I care much with the long reception at the end, but have some pride man.
Barry - Obviously needs to go, bu-bye. Thanks, collect your cheque and sayonara. He's taken a more talented defense on paper and did god knows what with it to make the product we see now. Vic Fangio better be on the next plane to GB.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly have no clue what is going on; would ask the following questions:
1. AR throughout the year has been throwing off his back foot more often in games, previous years no problem, this year accuracy is quesitonable on a lot of them. No matter what he says thumb is a problem and lack of confidence in receivers along with little escapability has resulted in 4-7 and a poor year for QB.
2. Line: Having Bak and EnG back is "nice" but certainly they have not provided the impact expected; both remain in recovery and thus they are limited, penalties result along with marginal blocking . The other OL have played marginal to Fair at best throughout the year, up and down, on and off.
3. WR: Who has actually stepped up, no one to speak of maybe Cobb at times. Watkins has been a disappointement, Watson just showed up after numerous injuries, Cobb just came back, Lazard is not "a go to WR" and seems to take plays off at times or lose concentration. Doubs now injured, fair at best.
4. RB: Dillon has been up and down, fumblitis fever has been seen and Jones is steady with an occasional spectacular game.
5. Defense: Line has played solid, LB up and down but generally OK, back of the Defense, especially yesterday they had NO CLUE what they were supposed to do. How do you let the offense get so open and then look around at each other, "Wha happened"? Is it the DC, is it the guys playing back there just do not or did not understand the calls and responsibilities?
6. Coaching staff: in many games they act like they have no clue what happened or what changes they need to make from LeFleur all the way through OC and DC to ST , overall a poor job of preparation, in-game coaching . Result 4-7....
Bottom line, maybe last 6 are 3-3 or 4-2 but more likely the way this team is playing to be 2-4 to finish 6-11 on the season. Questions are: , what do you do to fix the problem with little $ flexibility and what do you take in draft to fill major holes? Plus, what do you do with the other elephant in the QB room?

Reaction score
Got to give a lot of credit to Tannehill. He was very accurate with his passing.
Tannehippie had probably his best game this season. He was remarkably accurate on a bunch of down and outs at the sideline. On the flip side Rodger was missing some throws he usually makes. Yeah, so you add in 3 extra catches beyond normal for Tannehill and 3 less catches for Rodgers and it really has an effect on things

Members online

Latest posts