studs n duds Cards playoffs

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds

MIKE MCCARTHY. For two reasons.

1. Weeks ago, I posted that McCarthy would probably look like an idiot if he actually played Janis as Janis would have a breakout. Should have played Janis all season long. Well, guess what?

2. Why didn't he go for 2 points at the end of the game. One play. 2 yards for the win. In a game you weren't even supposed to have a chance? Idiot. Go for the 2 points and either win or lose right there. No balls.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't go for 2 in win or go home situation when your past success rate indicates that you have about a 1 in 8 chance of converting it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Stud: Larry Fitzgerald. Nobody else can hold a candle to him tonight. Janis came closest.

Dud: OT defense. What happened?

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

defense until overtime
Janis
Abbrederis in the first half
OL

Duds:

officials, refused to call any of many critical penalties on AZ.
whoever the **** was supposed to cover #11 in overtime!

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Last 5 seconds Rodgers
Janis
Crosby
Shields Coverage

Duds:
Shields Hands
Coverage outside shields
Rodgers first 59:55
McCarthy and Capers
Officials

bytheriver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, Janis..... And listening to McCarthy in the pressor...jeez say something good about the guy...he was beast

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Sick of "classic" losses. Yes we had the 'miracle in mo-town' but these playoff heartbreakers, are truly heartbreaking.

Studs:
O-line. I thought they played well again when it mattered.
Janis
Abby. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Just needs to stay healthy.
Shields
Damarious Randall
Mike Daniels
Larry Fitzgerald - not a packer but overall he's a good guy and he played great for the Cardinals.

Duds:
Defense in OT - They played well, but 2 years in a row they lost a playoff game in OT, and didn't even give the offense a chance. The loss wasn't all on them..but they are certainly partly to blame.

Injuries - in my opinion this season will be known as the season that injuries were to just too much to overcome. In reality the injuries to cobb and micha hyde were just a microcosm of the season as a whole. Just too much to overcome.

Shields HANDS- He played really well but he needs to intercept those passes. We might be talking about a win if he catches the balls that went into his hands.

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing about McCarthy that has ALWAYS DRIVEN ME UP THE F*CKING WALL IS HIS GOD AWFUL PLAY CHALLENGE DECISIONS. He ALWAYS challenges stupid sh*t, loses it anyway, and WASTES A TIMEOUT JUST LIKE TODAY. It's a good thing the Arizona playcaller is just as big of a ******* and called a pass play instead of running it and burning another 40 seconds off the clock.

MCCARTHY! - A CHALLENGE AND TIMEOUT ARE MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN A 10 YARD RECEPTION. JESUS F**KING CHRIST.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
You don't go for 2 in win or go home situation when your past success rate indicates that you have about a 1 in 8 chance of converting it.

1 in 8?????? What? Where did you get that from?

From www.sportingcharts.com:

Packers 2-pt conversation
2015... 4 of 6 for 66.7% success
2009-15... 9 of 22 for a lot higher percentage than 1 in 8 chance that you quoted.

NFL (all teams)
2015... 45 of 94 for nearly 50% success rate.

:tdown:

Put the ball in your MVP QB hands 2 yards from beating the #2 team in their house! I mean, come on! You just rocked them with a successful hail mary-- they cannot believe their eyes and they are on their heels. If you don't have confidence in that, what the hell?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: NFL OT Playoff System.

Aaron Rodgers the reigning MVP didn't get to touch the football in overtime. A coin flip. A coin flip turned into what Aaron Rodgers called a "debacle" and on the second attempt it ultimately had a huge part in deciding a football game it had no business too.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing about McCarthy that has ALWAYS DRIVEN ME UP THE F*CKING WALL IS HIS GOD AWFUL PLAY CHALLENGE DECISIONS. He ALWAYS challenges stupid sh*t, loses it anyway, and WASTES A TIMEOUT JUST LIKE TODAY. It's a good thing the Arizona playcaller is just as big of a ******* and called a pass play instead of running it and burning another 40 seconds off the clock.

MCCARTHY! - A CHALLENGE AND TIMEOUT ARE MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN A 10 YARD RECEPTION. JESUS F**KING CHRIST.

You do realize it's some ******* up in the booth who tells him when to throw the flag, right? It's that person who is to blame.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1 in 8?????? What? Where did you get that from?

From www.sportingcharts.com:

Packers 2-pt conversation
2015... 4 of 6 for 66.7% success
2009-15... 9 of 22 for a lot higher percentage than 1 in 8 chance that you quoted.

NFL (all teams)
2015... 45 of 94 for nearly 50% success rate.

:tdown:

Put the ball in your MVP QB hands 2 yards from beating the #2 team in their house! I mean, come on! You just rocked them with a successful hail mary-- they cannot believe their eyes and they are on their heels. If you don't have confidence in that, what the hell?

whats funny is in chat way before they scored I posted the question.. do we go for tw???..If they dont make it, people will complain should have kick xp...cant please every one

No one replied to me lol

but I called that td way before it happened

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: NFL OT Playoff System.

Aaron Rodgers the reigning MVP didn't get to touch the football in overtime. A coin flip. A coin flip turned into what Aaron Rodgers called a "debacle" and on the second attempt it ultimately had a huge part in deciding a football game it had no business too.

It's the rules of the game and there's a reason they call it "sudden death."

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In MM's defense, if Dez didn't catch it neither did Fitzgerald.

NFL needs to fix the catch rule so very similar plays aren't called differently.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
;)...The guest host for SNL comes out and says, "Let's hear it for the Arizona Cardinals!" about 2 people clap for a second and then dead silence. He looked surprised and stupid.