studs n duds Cards playoffs

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
;)...The guest host for SNL comes out and says, "Let's hear it for the Arizona Cardinals!" about 2 people clap for a second and then dead silence. He looked surprised and stupid.

You mean sorta like MM when he loses challenges?? Mid that the look? Haha

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: O'line no sacks on Rodgers, Lacy, (Hail Mary Janis) Aber,Capers
Duds: Mastay (punt him out of GB), James Jones who? giving up big plays again when the game is on the line, **** Poor tackling, Sam Sheild missed INT which could have decided the game.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
whats funny is in chat way before they scored I posted the question.. do we go for tw???..If they dont make it, people will complain should have kick xp...cant please every one

No one replied to me lol

but I called that td way before it happened

I was not in chat.

Only my daughter was in the room with me, but I was screaming "Go for 2!" I even said, if they don't make it, fine... lose. But, win or lose right here, right now! I said it loudly so actually, my sleeping wife, other daughter, dog and both neighbors probably heard it, too.

McCarthy, IMO, should have gone for it. I, for one, would not have complained if they didn't get it.

And, as soon as Palmer avoided that near sack, I said (exactly), "Oh, crap-- I know how this will end." I said it as Palmer spun off his o-lineman's back and scrambled to the open field. Fitz that open was a surprise, though. But, I knew immediately that it was going to be a big play.

PFanCan

Reaction score
In MM's defense, if Dez didn't catch it neither did Fitzgerald.

NFL needs to fix the catch rule so very similar plays aren't called differently.
I agree. That catch was identical to Dez's "catch". I was absolutely certain that they would overturn that "catch" call. But, whatever.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. That catch was identical to Dez's "catch". I was absolutely certain that they would overturn that "catch" call. But, whatever.

I thought it wold be overturned also. He caught it, was going to the ground the whole time, and lost control.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

i think the issue is Dez wasnt a "runner"

Tonight he ran with the ball then was going down..that is key, non runner vs a runner

PFanCan

Reaction score
i think the issue is Dez wasnt a "runner"

Tonight he ran with the ball then was going down..that is key, non runner vs a runner

I just watched both replays.

Dez: Both hands on the ball. His feet touch the ground three times as he goes to ground reaching forward. Untouched. Ball pops free. Call = no catch.

Fitz: Both hands on ball. His feet touch the ground three times as he goes to ground reaching forward. Untouched. Ball pops free. Call = catch.

Not sure how one can be called a runner while the other is not. IMO, the rule interpretation is up to the whims of the refs. We got a freebie last year, but lost out this year.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just watched both replays.

Dez: Both hands on the ball. His feet touch the ground three times as he goes to ground reaching forward. Untouched. Ball pops free. Call = no catch.

Fitz: Both hands on ball. His feet touch the ground three times as he goes to ground reaching forward. Untouched. Ball pops free. Call = catch.

Not sure how one can be called a runner while the other is not. IMO, the rule is a non-rule. It's up to the whims of the refs. We got a freebie last year, but lost out this year.

That is what the announcers were saying..

Fitz was a runner...

rule was tweaked this year

That rule was changed for the 2015-16 season. The rule now reads:
Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O- line did their job tonight. Janis rewarded our faith in him. It is against Destiny that we lost, and I blame that on the coaching.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
O- line did their job tonight. Janis rewarded our faith in him. It is against Destiny that we lost, and I blame that on the coaching.

We gave up 9 sacks last time...0 this time...

We were down our top 3 wr

but still were there at the end

Not bad coaching adjustments

footballdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GO CARDS!!! What a game! Shouldn't have gone to OT though. Sorry Cheeseheads.......again. Wish it was some other team besides you guys, keep your cheeseheads up, Rodgers is stud....gonna win some Super Bowls again.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way you go for 2. MM and his whole family would be getting death threats if they went for 2 and failed.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Another thing about McCarthy that has ALWAYS DRIVEN ME UP THE F*CKING WALL IS HIS GOD AWFUL PLAY CHALLENGE DECISIONS. He ALWAYS challenges stupid sh*t, loses it anyway, and WASTES A TIMEOUT JUST LIKE TODAY. It's a good thing the Arizona playcaller is just as big of a ******* and called a pass play instead of running it and burning another 40 seconds off the clock.

MCCARTHY! - A CHALLENGE AND TIMEOUT ARE MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN A 10 YARD RECEPTION. JESUS F**KING CHRIST.

Are you upset ????

Staff online

Latest posts