Studs n duds buffalo

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Offensive line. The Buffalo has probably the best DL in the NFL and the offensive line was not overmatched. In fact, there were plays that we were pushing them around. AR had lots of time. This is the best performance ever by a Campen coached OL.
Don't forget the run to the Championship in 2010. They were terrific then as well. I agree that this game establishes our o line as dominant. Buffalo is as good a defense as any in the league.

The defense played very well against a below average offense.

I would say we controlled the LOS on both sides, which usually results in a win. Lacy, Starks, and Cobb were finding the holes and ripping off yards. Rogers and the passing game was simply "off", which certainly was partially due to Buffalo's defense, but also can be explained as an aberration. The drops were unusual. We're not used to see Rogers' bullets aimed at spaces where no players occupy. If the passing game was its usual self, we win going away even in spite of the punt return.

Actually, I'm ok with this loss and very encouraged about our chances in the playoffs.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds- the fans on here proclaiming us as the best team in the league and that the SB is going through Green Bay. Seasons not over and anyone can take an L .

MM- out coached . Games like this are the exact reason why I say he's not very good at making in game adjustments. If whatever he's calling isn't working? We usually get beat, yesterday was another example. He needed Philbin more than Philbin needed him.

Rodgers- anyone see that piece they did with the British guy that looks like Rodgers named Wigglesworth? Well if you havn't YouTube it, I think he may have kidnapped Rodgers and played in the game instead. Rodgers just looked disinterested on the sidelines at times. He's usually pretty chill but he looked more like a boy who lost his dog .

Jordy- Jordy catches that ball 99% of the time..but in a crucial situation he drops a sure touchdown to put us in the lead and possibly a game winner?? Exactly why you have to look it all the way in smh.

Special teams lost the game if you really break it down. Blocked FG, punt RT td given up, Hyde fielding a punt inside the 10 with the game on the line. Smh Slocum should've been gone 2 yrs ago yet like Capers they are allowed to stick around because we don't fire ppl.

Did a tightend catch a pass yesterday? This group isn't that good and if the Wrs get shut down there's not a guy who can create matchup problems and work the middle. Man I miss Finley, TT has got to upgrade that spot in a big way. We stink.

Studs- Cobb. Jordy might be our best wr but Cobb is our most versatile player on the entire offense. He's got to be retained period. If Mm used him correctly he'd be a superstar.

Oline played a good game all around. The strip safety was on the staff for not giving help to Tretter who has barely played smh.

Lacy should've gotten more screens. He's tough running with the ball but they stopped after like 1 screen.

Hopefully they have a bad taste after this one. They need to get back on track and start playing their best football.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I'm ok with this loss and very encouraged about ourchances in the playoffs.

Have to get in furst
Don't forget the run to the Championship in 2010. They were terrific then as well. I agree that this game establishes our o line as dominant. Buffalo is as good a defense as any in the league.

The defense played very well against a below average offense.

I would say we controlled the LOS on both sides, which usually results in a win. Lacy, Starks, and Cobb were finding the holes and ripping off yards. Rogers and the passing game was simply "off", which certainly was partially due to Buffalo's defense, but also can be explained as an aberration. The drops were unusual. We're not used to see Rogers' bullets aimed at spaces where no players occupy. If the passing game was its usual self, we win going away even in spite of the punt return.

Actually, I'm ok with this loss and very encouraged about our chances in the playoffs.

Have to get in first man

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I'm ok with this loss and very encouraged about ourchances in the playoffs.

Have to get in furst

Have to get in first man
Agreed. Do you really think we won't? A few weeks ago I predicted we would finish 10 and 6, get a wild card spot and exit early in the playoffs. Now, I don't think it unreasonable that we finish 12 and 4, which will get us a bye and at least 1 home playoff game--maybe 2. The optimism from here is due to the extraordinary performances by Rogers and our passing game--much of it due to solid offensive line play. And the run game has been very, very good as well.

The odds of Rogers and the passing game having another performance similar to yesterday's are much worse than the odds of having a Philadelphia, or Bears-type game. I like our chances against any one when the passing game is on.

Our defense is in no way dominant, but is good enough for us to win any week. Certainly, it was good enough for a win yesterday. Would I like it to be better? Of course, and I think changes are in order after the season regardless of how things end up. But, in general, the NFL has become the old AFL and passing rules the day. I guess, to continue to be a fan, you have to accept this.

D

Deleted member 6794

Aside of the obvious studs and duds in this game I want to mention that I really have a hard time understanding Hyde not fair catching the punt at the end of the game. While there´s no chance he could have known what was going to happen on the next play it would have given the Packers another timeout as the clock would have stopped before the two minute warning.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
- Lacy averaged over 6 yards a carry
- OL - Rodgers only sacked once which was the safety on last series when Tretter was in the game and gave it up, also some very good holes to run the ball
- Cobb had a decent game
- Defense held Bills to 12 points, that should have been enough to win

Duds:
- Special teams, the punt return was huge for Bills. Gave them life when their offense could not move the ball, also a blocked field... that is 6 on the year
- Packers play calling.. with all the success running the ball and struggles passing the ball, they ran the ball less (37% of plays) vs their season average running the ball (43% of plays). With all that success running and difficulty passing the ball, I would have thought running the ball would have been emphasized
- Packers receivers dropping balls... there were 7 or 8 drops.. most in the league this year
- Rodgers off target and forcing some throws... 2 interceptions and easily could have had more
- Nelson - only for fact that had biggest drop in the game, that play changes entire lookout of game. Bills offense was not going to win them the game

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Do you really think we won't? A few weeks ago I predicted we would finish 10 and 6, get a wild card spot and exit early in the playoffs. Now, I don't think it unreasonable that we finish 12 and 4, which will get us a bye and at least 1 home playoff game--maybe 2. The optimism from here is due to the extraordinary performances by Rogers and our passing game--much of it due to solid offensive line play. And the run game has been very, very good as well.

The odds of Rogers and the passing game having another performance similar to yesterday's are much worse than the odds of having a Philadelphia, or Bears-type game. I like our chances against any one when the passing game is on.

Our defense is in no way dominant, but is good enough for us to win any week. Certainly, it was good enough for a win yesterday. Would I like it to be better? Of course, and I think changes are in order after the season regardless of how things end up. But, in general, the NFL has become the old AFL and passing rules the day. I guess, to continue to be a fan, you have to accept this.

I think we will get in but I don't think we will be the #1 or #2 seed unfortunately. so we'll get our home playoff game but we pissed away our chances of having the #1 seed yesterday. I think Seattle gets #1 and Dallas gets the #2 seed. I think we beat Tampa Bay and Edge out Detroit in the final two...but end up the #3 seed. I think we will play Detroit in back to back weeks.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we will get in but I don't think we will be the #1 or #2 seed unfortunately. so we'll get our home playoff game but we pissed away our chances of having the #1 seed yesterday. I think Seattle gets #1 and Dallas gets the #2 seed. I think we beat Tampa Bay and Edge out Detroit in the final two...but end up the #3 seed. I think we will play Detroit in back to back weeks.

It the Packers win out they're assured of at least the #2 seed as they would win the tie-breaker vs. Dallas based on a better conference record.

Sky King

Reaction score
Dud: McCarthy

He tends to favor the passing game too much, at times. He rolled back the running game yesterday while it was still functioning very effectively. Why? Did Schwartz trust that McCarthy simply could not resist going to the pass prematurely even when the defensive alignment indicated otherwise? It seemed so.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: McCarthy

He tends to favor the passing game too much, at times. He rolled back the running game yesterday while it was still functioning very effectively. Why?
When you own the best passing game in the league, maybe you think it's going to click. For whatever reason, it didn't yesterday.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Earlier in the season McCarthy was criticized for running the ball too much. I have a much, much bigger problem with the execution of the plays than the plays called. Rodgers is the most accurate passer in the league IMO and I have no problem with McCarthy giving him the chance to turn things around. And on every one of those dropped passes, the play call allowed for the receiver to get open and Rodgers got the ball to those receivers. If they would have just caught them it would have been a different ball game, most particularly Nelson's epic drop.

Sky King

Reaction score
Sometimes one has to stick with what is working regardless if it is the preferred option or not. The Bills were conceding the run and MM pretty much rejected their offer. The passing offense was struggling no matter what the reasons and the running game was not. There's no shame in winning with the running game.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Earlier in the season McCarthy was criticized for running the ball too much. I have a much, much bigger problem with the execution of the plays than the plays called. Rodgers is the most accurate passer in the league IMO and I have no problem with McCarthy giving him the chance to turn things around. And on every one of those dropped passes, the play call allowed for the receiver to get open and Rodgers got the ball to those receivers. If they would have just caught them it would have been a different ball game, most particularly Nelson's epic drop.

TJV You must have read my mind there (a short read obviously). McCarthy can`t win either way with some of the fans here. Having watched the game today, I`m not exactly devastated by that loss last night. Buffalo were a very good team.

Reaction score
I normally don't complain about MM play calling,especially this year. But I thought that drafting and developing Lacy was for these types of games in December. If the passing game doesn't work,pound,pound,pound the ball,the defense can't scheme for both if it is working and it was working on that TD drive. Maybe they saw they could exploit something in the passing game we couldn't see,but when you are having drops and non PI calls,go with what works.
That's a Dr. Phil thing from his Oprah days.. "People do what works" Meaning people repeat behaviors that have been successful to some degree in attaining what they wanted.. sorta like a dog lol

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally a good game? Must not have seen most games this year. Use some logic or actually know what happened prior to this game before posting about the defense.

And Bulaga got a concussion. Was that somehow his fault?

I should have said, the defense had a good game which happened only a handfull of times this year and then the offense lays an egg.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It the Packers win out they're assured of at least the #2 seed as they would win the tie-breaker vs. Dallas based on a better conference record.

Yea that's right isn't it? Well I think we win our but still lose to Zseattle in the NFC championship. We can beat them in Seattle, we've done it once but low scoring games never work in our favor against physical teams.

Last edited:

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: 1.) Aaron Rodgers
2.) #12
3.) Our starting quarterback
4.) The guy who replaced Favre
5.) The receivers.

Studs: I can't call any of these guys Studs. These boys held the line like Marines.

1.) Eddie Lacy
2.) The O-Line
3.) The Defense.

And for those who will try to light me up about my Duds, he played THAT bad. Barely a 40% completion percentage, and he barely hit his age in passer rating.

H

HardRightEdge

2.) #12
5.) The receivers.

Studs: I can't call any of these guys Studs. These boys held the line like Marines.

1.) Eddie Lacy
2.) The O-Line
3.) The Defense.

And for those who will try to light me up about my Duds, he played THAT bad. Barely a 40% completion percentage, and he barely hit his age in passer rating.
Every QB has a bad game now and then. Rodgers numbers were about on par with Manning's the week before against this same defense. Bringing Favre into it betrays your intent.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
2.) #12
5.) The receivers.

1.) Eddie Lacy
2.) The O-Line
3.) The Defense.

Apparently you ain't happy with the offense. :giggle::mad:

I agree the Pack didn't look like a SB team.

We got a LONG way to go to beat Seattle.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently you ain't happy with the offense. :giggle::mad:

I agree the Pack didn't look like a SB team.

We got a LONG way to go to beat Seattle.
If you are going to base on one game if a team is SB worthy, then there are no teams in the NFL worthy of going to the SB. Every team this season has looked bad at times.

This is not a big issue. Our MVP worthy QB looked bad. Are you worried about him never playing well again? Or offensive line and defense as a whole played very well which were much bigger concerns than Rodgers suddenly losing it. This game did notake me think suddenly that the Packers were no good. Hell, they were ranked #1 in power rankings for 2 weeks. Maybe this loss will deflate some swelling heads and get them more focused for the playoffs.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Every QB has a bad game now and then. Rodgers numbers were about on par with Manning's the week before against this same defense. Bringing Favre into it betrays your intent.

Every time I see Favre's name, I see the past.
If you are going to base on one game if a team is SB worthy, then there are no teams in the NFL worthy of going to the SB. Every team this season has looked bad at times.

This is not a big issue. Our MVP worthy QB looked bad. Are you worried about him never playing well again? Or offensive line and defense as a whole played very well which were much bigger concerns than Rodgers suddenly losing it. This game did notake me think suddenly that the Packers were no good. Hell, they were ranked #1 in power rankings for 2 weeks. Maybe this loss will deflate some swelling heads and get them more focused for the playoffs.

I hear you but I just think the Pack does not play well on the road against quality teams. Period.

The only swelling heads are the fans.

Packers have not given us any reason to think that they are road warriors.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to explain why Bulaga is a "bum?" Because if you can't, you're a bum. Rodgers was not sacked in this game.

Bulaga has played about half the time. It's my opinion, you disagree, fine.

H

HardRightEdge

Bulaga has played about half the time. It's my opinion, you disagree, fine.
Bulaga has come back from two serious injuries, then messes up an MCL in week one, doesn't miss a start, and plays very well. You can argue that giving him a nice contract presents future injury risk, but "bum" happens to be an unfounded opinion.

Latest posts