Studs Duds Detroit finale

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Another Game......but "Dud" on bad luck for Nick Foles.

Foles needed to play 33% of the snaps on the season to get a $1M bonus for making the playoffs. He played 61 of 71 today, thanks to his injury. He falls 4 snaps short! He had 357 of 1,092 and he needed 361.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

For those who want to continuously blame injuries for poor play, how about those Lions? They were missing three of their top receivers, their starting running back, two members of their front four, a pair of cornerbacks and a starting guard.
That certainly wasn't the case yesterday. Yesterday was all effort, or the lack thereof. I can't believe that was the same team that went out and gutted out a win on the road a week ago and came home to close the season like that.

But do you really not see the difference? You think the Lions were impressive in their play yesterday? GB has been to NFCCG's against full strength teams with depleted rosters, the Lions had the good fortune to play against a team that had check out. LOL But keep thinking injuries don't matter.

But anyway, for fun, i'll see your Lions injuries and raise you a starting QB, Left Tackle, 6 out of our front 7 AND a replacement, a couple safeties, more than a couple DB's and a few others :) But really, yesterday team quit before the game started. it was pathetic.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason Crosby kicked off to start the game, never stepped on the field again.

That sort of says it all.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Referees, stadium workers, field personnel, etc. having to do this pointless crud for the most embarrassing game in Lambeau Field History
My son said his concession stand had one of its best games all season. Hard to keep up with the hot chocolates. Normally after opening kickoff there is a lull until the Packers first score. Then a slowly building stream that crescendos at halftime. This game never had the slower period until after halftime. He said it was a different type of crowd than usual. Probably more along the line of a preseason game without as many kids. I'd think those with season tickets passed them out to family and friends that keep asking for a chance to go but can't afford them in a good season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people went to have a good time with other people more so than to watch a football game. The people I know went were going to have a good time regardless, as a good time was the expectation, not a good football game

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people went to have a good time with other people more so than to watch a football game. The people I know went were going to have a good time regardless, as a good time was the expectation, not a good football game
That's exactly what a friend of mine told me as he was leaving to go to the game.
He just wanted to go down there on a 3 hour drive to BS with other Packers fans.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just an Agree or Like isn't enough. This needs to be the basis for all entertainment. Can one enjoy a fishing trip without catching fish, or (fill in the blank) sure. Especially true when one has no control over the event.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
This was the expectations during the gory years for those too young to know. Go to the game to have a good time. Didn't need a designated driver in those days. If the Packers won, all the better but if not, who'd remember the game.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
All of em
Special mention
Zook
Bahk - has to be his worst game since rookie year
Announcers. Sounded like a SNL skit

Studs
Draft position
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to notice how horrible the announcers were. That’s what ya get for a meaningless game.

As for studs and duds, you nailed it. Bahk’s play was strange, but even he had to succumb at some point during a game that summed up this miserable season so well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Picture from the game in which may likely be Rodgers and Cobb last game together
Kinda sad, if only for all that could have been. It seemed like the worst thing to happen to Cobb was getting the big contract. He never played as well from that point on. I think his heart was in it, but not his body.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cannot call a single player a stud today. Goodbye Joe, Goodbye Ron, hello draft
And hello FA. Lotsa holes to fix, and add backup QB to the list. IMO, the order of importance in the offseason is making the right moves for:
1. HC, coordinators (although I’m ok with Pettine) and the rest of the coaching staff.
2. Right side of O line
3. Edge rushers
4. Safeties
5. Backup QB

I didn’t expect a need to rebuild, but man this comes awfully close...... Sad all around.

(I’d add “Fire Zook” to this list but that should be a gimme.)

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we draft a defensive stud at 12... but we need to really look at providing ARod some huge upgrades. We need RT, 2 guards, a TE, and a #2 WR to help take some pressure off of Adams. Not necessarily in that order.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we draft a defensive stud at 12... but we need to really look at providing ARod some huge upgrades. We need RT, 2 guards, a TE, and a #2 WR to help take some pressure off of Adams. Not necessarily in that order.
Considering how bad the right side of the O line is, and how valuable ARod is, I wouldn’t be surprised if an O lineman was selected with the 12th pick. But please, not another Tony Mandarich........

Members online

Latest posts