Studs Duds Detroit finale

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morrison did some things. Otherwise, I guess the only silver lining is that Philbin will not be the next HC and wholesale changes are imminent

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the announcers. I thought Robert Smith was good. I don't need them to whoop and holler on every play when I watch a game. And I don't need every stupid statistic that they can come up with.
Morrison came to play and I thought MVS had more catches than he did if that means anything at all. And yes, I like the way Breeland returns kick-offs. He runs fast up to the line before trying to find his hole by slowing down.

Reaction score
How did we manage to such so bad, lose so poorly, and STILL only get a middling draft pick?!?.
This whole season and everything tied to it has been a dud.
We are staring at a top 10 pick. Depending on the Broncos and Bengals. We want both to upset their opponents.
We could pick as early as 10th Likely 11th Worst would be 12th
Go Bengals!

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are staring at a top 10 pick. Depending on the Broncos and Bengals. We want both to upset their opponents.
We could pick as early as 10th Likely 11th Worst would be 12th
Go Bengals!

Yeah, I mean go Bengals and Broncos and all, but not gonna put much hope in... Jeff Driskell (who the heck is that?) and Case Keenum :laugh:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not watch the 2nd half. Was driving back from the in-laws in IA, but it didn’t sound like I missed anything.

It that I expected much, but I did expect much better effort. It was pretty pathetic out there. Didn’t care about wins or losses, but the effort was sad. Disappointing to say the least.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should sum this crappy season up. I’m surw Cobb is a nice guy, but I’m happy to see his contract off the book.

Attachments

• 0AABBE6D-717F-4C00-90BF-62E1DB4B98F2.jpeg
    0AABBE6D-717F-4C00-90BF-62E1DB4B98F2.jpeg
    580.4 KB · Views: 66

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved the announcers. Laughed my *** off. Was that Pat McAfee the ex colts punter. Granted there was not much in the way of football information but then again it wasn't much in the way of a football game.

Gotta find at least 1 positive. Even though I wouldn't call him a stud Breeland looked good on kick returns.

Agreed, McAfee was one of the reasons why I was tuned into the game as long as I did. It was different and in a crap game with crap teams, I was good having McAfee announce instead of an analytical view like Romo (who I love).

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, you guys do realize that this game had "tank" written all over it right?

Second, the biggest dud of this game was the referee. I'm convinced that NFL referees are under specific orders not to protect Green Bay quarterbacks. There have been at least 7 or 8 plays that were clearly roughing the passer on AR this season and another one today. How can you rip a QB's helmet off and NOT get called? There was also the 3rd quarter sack on Kizer where the defender landed on him with "all or most of his body weight" but since Clay wasn't the guy making the sack, that one wasn't called either and then there was the call with Stafford that was extremely ticky-tack compared to the two against us. There's some real ******** going on there.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Aaron. First Jordy, now Cobb.

No sympathies for Randall? This picture makes me think they both know they won't be playing together anymore. I'm thinking we might be hearing about Cobb's retirement very shortly.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Second, the biggest dud of this game was the referee. I'm convinced that NFL referees are under specific orders not to protect Green Bay quarterbacks. There have been at least 7 or 8 plays that were clearly roughing the passer on AR this season and another one today. How can you rip a QB's helmet off and NOT get called? There was also the 3rd quarter sack on Kizer where the defender landed on him with "all or most of his body weight" but since Clay wasn't the guy making the sack, that one wasn't called either and then there was the call with Stafford that was extremely ticky-tack compared to the two against us. There's some real ******** going on there.
They stopped calling the " with his body weight" after the kerfluffle with CM3. Rarely called any differnet since than in years past.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No sympathies for Randall? This picture makes me think they both know they won't be playing together anymore. I'm thinking we might be hearing about Cobb's retirement very shortly.

He did have a great first 4 years here. Feel bad he came right after we won a ring. He wasn't what I and fans hoped he'd be the last 4 years, but happy him and Jordy were our guys for a long time as opposed to many other diva WR's. These guys handled themselves well.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: the horse **** week 2 roughing the passer called that I think would have changed a lot about this team. Going 2-0 with victories over the Vikings and Bears would have gave this team a different confidence IMO. Just watching the team after HaHa's and Alexander's interceptions looked like a real fired up group. That tie was deflating not to just the fans but likely to the team as well. Did that type of penalty get called AT ALL the last 8 weeks of the year? If it did it flew under my radar. First we get ****** in the *** by the replacement refs, then this 'rule'. I don't want to put a number on the wins but I really feel like a playoff birth was happening say we went 2-0. 14 more games left, maybe I'm dead wrong.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dud: the horse **** week 2 roughing the passer called that I think would have changed a lot about this team. Going 2-0 with victories over the Vikings and Bears would have gave this team a different confidence IMO. Just watching the team after HaHa's and Alexander's interceptions looked like a real fired up group. That tie was deflating not to just the fans but likely to the team as well. Did that type of penalty get called AT ALL the last 8 weeks of the year? If it did it flew under my radar. First we get ****** in the *** by the replacement refs, then this 'rule'. I don't want to put a number on the wins but I really feel like a playoff birth was happening say we went 2-0. 14 more games left, maybe I'm dead wrong.

With all due respect, one bad call in the second game of the year did not break our season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds:

For those who want to continuously blame injuries for poor play, how about those Lions? They were missing three of their top receivers, their starting running back, two members of their front four, a pair of cornerbacks and a starting guard.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Falcons and Panthers-helping the draft spot
Fans-Sticking around to watch this embarrassment
Referees, stadium workers, field personnel, etc. having to do this pointless crud for the most embarrassing game in Lambeau Field History

Duds:
Entire Packers

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts