Studs Duds Carolina Edition

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds - Rodgers (doing his best Jameis impersonation in this game), entire coaching staff

Studs - camera crew that captured this exchange between Clay and Cam:

Clay Matthews, "It's that wheel route, it's that wheel route!" Cam Newton, "You been watching film, huh?" Matthews, "Yeah." Cam, "That's cool. Watch this" Cam then throws a slant to McCaffrey for the TD. Link to the video below, it's awesome

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/942579192591540224

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones : started the game out hot so was then promptly removed from the game plan

Randal - watched a few plays. He played very well.

Duds
Rodgers. 2 bad passes picked that if were thrown a bit farther would have been TDs. Missed a couple other throws.

Capers. He actually made some adjustments to limit Mccaffrey. Bravo there. But defense still look out of sorts and breaks down occasionally. Bad day for encroaching.

MM: See AJ above.

My thoughts exactly. I had feared that once Rodgers returned, the running game would become little more than a novelty, and that's exactly what happened. Both backs running well, especially Jones, and GB refuses to give them meaningful touches. What a waste.

Also, it seems apparent that Adams is now head and shoulders above our other receivers, and when he's not out there, the passing game really suffers. Jordy and Cobb no longer scare Packers opponents.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Aaron Jones...last 3 games a total of 8 carries for 67 yards...Workhorse! HHCD uniform stayed clean for next game. HHCD only starter not injured this year.
Dud HHCD not showing up in way 58 inch wide screen all day.
Have to agree here on HHCD and thought about dudding him this week. Wish he had made an effort to shove Byrd out of the end zone as close to the back line as he was on the controversial TD rather than just watching and signalling incomplete pass. Our D is SO soft. Ugh.

T. Thompson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Devonte, Adams, R Rodgers, On side kick
Duds: McCapers, 3rd down Defense, Middle of field defense, Arod just tried to do to much(think that last sack rattled him maybe), Dbacks ugh! Geronimo,
Extra mention Dud: Carolinas Davis he knew he was going to target Devonte, and that I am really sorry performance is not worth an Acadamy Award
Dud:

Geronimo Allison wtf

Agreed, Studs, Richard Rogers, Davonte Adams

Duds: MM, Dom Capers, Third down defense. Daniels (Captain of D) for not correcting the idiotic encroachment penalties. Josh Jones was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. And Thomas Davis for the awful bushleague cheap shot.

Biggest DUD goes to Allison, enough said, guy is a joke. I will never understand how a person can let down his entire team and not show any emotion. I mean I get it, you're rich, but if you don't care about the fans, at least care about your teammates. He totally blew the game, And appeared to not care!! How about just a little pride in your performance?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't believe that about Allison. And I also don't think they use him correctly. He should be going deep at least two times a game.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Duds: MM, Dom Capers, Third down defense. Daniels (Captain of D) for not correcting the idiotic encroachment penalties. Josh Jones was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. And Thomas Davis for the awful bushleague cheap shot.

Biggest DUD goes to Allison, enough said, guy is a joke. I will never understand how a person can let down his entire team and not show any emotion. I mean I get it, you're rich, but if you don't care about the fans, at least care about your teammates. He totally blew the game, And appeared to not care!! How about just a little pride in your performance?

Anyone else think two of those office calls were crap?

On one of them, the OLB (Beigel maybe) jumped and then a guard moved in reaction. I could be wrong, but thought the rule states it has to be the offensive player in front of the defender.

On another, Daniels or Clark jumped, but got back onside without a Carolina player jumping (just pointing fingers) and was still called.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He sure looked like he cared in his post game interview.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope Davante doesn't end up like Sam Shields because of these scumbags

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those bad hits (he launched at Adam's head) should be an immediate ejection offense. And then Thomas Davis came back and made a great play on a run to the outside. He should not have been in the game!

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for our D line to actually show up. Those are all a bunch of bums. Clay Mathews has to go. Every play he will just go around the edge or takes a play off. Daniels is all talk. Perry is made of glass. All the others really aren't even worth bringing up cause how much they really do. Getting real rushers and getting rid CRAPers will improve this defense night and day. Maybe that way they can make stops at the red zone or 3rd down

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but gotta tell it like it is. The play of Aaron Rodgers was the most significant reason we lost this game.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but gotta tell it like it is. The play of Aaron Rodgers was the most significant reason we lost this game.
There is some truth in that... however, he is also a big reason why we were threatening to tie the game before the Allison fumble.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a tough spot, 2 months out of action and step back in a really good defense on the road. If he was playing for 2 weeks already he has 1 pick, at least 1 more TD and one more extended drive on those 3 passes. Oh well.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell that to the *** clown McCarthy for hanging on to that toupee wearing lover of his. Who no matter how bad this defense has looked. He seems to want to hang on to him. After 7 seasons of sucking. Most of the roster changed and the same coordinator and the defense continues to blow. Maybe it's the coordinator.

Toupee wearing lover seems a bit harsh. Can we just call them man friends?

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers didn’t play that great today but the guy has carried 6 win talent to 11 sometimes 12 wins year after year. Throw in the fact that MM is a lame duck HC with a lame duck DC ...both carried by Aaron Rodgers. I’m glad the playoff talks are over because let’s be real, they would’ve gotten blasted by Philly, Saints, or Rams in the playoffs anyways. Definitely wasn’t going to the SB no way. There’s a part of me that would love to see Rodgers go somewhere else to get his rings because he ain’t getting them with this staff or GM. They will use the injury excuse again and we will be stuck with the same idiots next season.

You make very good sense with your post. We have serious deficiencies as a team, including our coaching staff. The best QB in the league, Rogers, covers up a serious multitude of sins. Rogers is a class act and a great QB. He deserves to win. I'd love to see him go elsewhere and win as he deserves. That way our real deficiencies can be exposed and corrected.

Your post is dead on!!

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for our D line to actually show up. Those are all a bunch of bums. Clay Mathews has to go. Every play he will just go around the edge or takes a play off. Daniels is all talk. Perry is made of glass. All the others really aren't even worth bringing up cause how much they really do. Getting real rushers and getting rid CRAPers will improve this defense night and day. Maybe that way they can make stops at the red zone or 3rd down

Football effectiveness starts with the the offensive and defensive lines. It is that simple. Fill those up with great players with heart and you will win a lot of games. I am embarrassed that Mathews is a Packer.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams are making deliberate dirty hits on the Packers. Once Bear's Trevathon was merely slapped on the wrist for his vicious hit on Adams in week 4, it sure looks like there will be few repercusions for those dirty hits. The Packers have to protect their players. If the league won't do it, then they have to retaliate like a hockey game. While I would rather have the league penalize dirty shots to the head at a level that will stop the targeting, failure to do so leaves the Packers with no choice than to take similar shots. If not, the trend will continue and the Packers best players will take dirty shots until they are hurt.

I completely agree. Our player has been targeted. Trevathon's hit was inexcusable and completely intentional. Davis's hit was worse because he came from the blind side. In either hit, Adams was defenseless. I do not condone retaliation. This is what the thugs want. I have loved football all my life as a spectator and a player. I find it sickening to see what football has become. Many players think they are entitled and that a spectacular hit is what we want to see. A player on a team losing by 21 points makes a good tackle and then celebrates as an individual when his team is getting soundly beat. I hate that. Football has become a place for athletic thugs to intentionally injure other players. I don't see these players as studs or as being tough, bad hombres. I see these kind of players as cowards that couldn't make a decent living except as an athlete. I think the thug mentality, the celebration of a big hit, is going to ruin football. I am getting to the point that I don't care to watch the darn games.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Teams are making deliberate dirty hits on the Packers. Once Bear's Trevathon was merely slapped on the wrist for his vicious hit on Adams in week 4, it sure looks like there will be few repercusions for those dirty hits. The Packers have to protect their players. If the league won't do it, then they have to retaliate like a hockey game. While I would rather have the league penalize dirty shots to the head at a level that will stop the targeting, failure to do so leaves the Packers with no choice than to take similar shots. If not, the trend will continue and the Packers best players will take dirty shots until they are hurt.
Unfortunately, I believe what you stated to have a lot of truth to it. This team could use a couple of tough guy enforcers. The entire attitude of the defense would benefit by a “Steelers” demeanor. That starts with the defensive coaches imo.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who called his performance inexcusable? I do think he gave us the best chance to win, but he played poorly and that was obvious. Nobody is saying he is a bad QB. Nobody is saying his career is over. Nobody wants to cut him and go with Hundly.

He just played really poorly today. Making excuses doesnt help us at all.

While I agree that Rodgers played poorly for most of the game there was no reason to bench him like you suggested in another thread.

As much as I hate to say so, Rogers, just way too rusty. Would have probably been a close game without three picks.

It was actually a close game at the end. The Packers would have most likely won the game without Rodgers throwing three interceptions.

This is the problem with you guys. Just because Rodgers is Rodgers you give him a pass. Yes one of the greatest but a great start comes to play. 3 interceptions is inexcusable. If he's hundleys in how would the tune be? You guys are ridiculous.

There's no doubt Rodgers didn't perform at the elite level we have gotten used to on Sunday. Him having been out for eight weeks and playing with a not fully healthy collarbone should work as an excuse for it though.

Reflecting now I'd say that overall we had a solid season, and considering that most of the matches we had BH under the helm I'd say that speaks to the credit of MM.

I don't consider the Packers' 2017 season as a solid one. The team missing Rodgers for half of it proved that the overall talent level on the roster isn't good enough resulting in the team missing the playoffs for the first time in nine years. That's disappointing as Green Bay was one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl entering the season.

Allison- you have one job, catch the football!!!!

Unfortunately Allison caught that ball. It would have been way better if he dropped it.

You make very good sense with your post. We have serious deficiencies as a team, including our coaching staff. The best QB in the league, Rogers, covers up a serious multitude of sins. Rogers is a class act and a great QB. He deserves to win. I'd love to see him go elsewhere and win as he deserves. That way our real deficiencies can be exposed and corrected.

Football effectiveness starts with the the offensive and defensive lines. It is that simple. Fill those up with great players with heart and you will win a lot of games. I am embarrassed that Mathews is a Packer.

It's impossible for me to understand how any true Packers fan would love Rodgers to have success with a different team as well as being embarrassed by Matthews being a member of the team.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played poorly. But he overcame the errors and was position to take things to OT. Nothing wrong with admitting that, but calling his performance "inexcusable" is ridiculous. He had a pretty good excuse, I believe.
I say being out for over 2 months is a good excuse. He was rusty and it showed. He still almost won us the game, if not for the Allison fumble, who knows?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers didn’t play that great today but the guy has carried 6 win talent to 11 sometimes 12 wins year after year. Throw in the fact that MM is a lame duck HC with a lame duck DC ...both carried by Aaron Rodgers. I’m glad the playoff talks are over because let’s be real, they would’ve gotten blasted by Philly, Saints, or Rams in the playoffs anyways. Definitely wasn’t going to the SB no way. There’s a part of me that would love to see Rodgers go somewhere else to get his rings because he ain’t getting them with this staff or GM. They will use the injury excuse again and we will be stuck with the same idiots next season.
If Rodgers agrees with us, and if we are right in what needs to be fixed to make the team better and the rest of the staff is wrong in not making any changes, then all we can do is hope that AR threatens to leave if they don't make the changes we and he wants.
And I wouldn't blame him for leaving as much as I love having him on our team.

Members online

Latest posts