Studs and Duds of the season

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs:
Demarious Randall, Richard Rodgers, Quinten Rollins. Clay Matthews.
My main concern coming into the season was the secondary. These kids stepped up and I cannot wait to see their future.
James Jones gets a lot of credit coming in so late in the game, but RR came in and did exactly what we needed him to do. Hopefully we draft a good compliment for him next season (someone with just a little speed) but overall I was extremely impressed with him. Clay learned his role)

Honorable mention: Ron zook, Dom Capers

Duds:
Davante Adams...I hope his ankle injury was preventing his hands from working. Disappointing season
Datone Jones...keep waiting and waiting for him to get better
Aaron Rodgers and MM...had a bad year, but oh well they still made it to a division championship and have 9 months to figure things out.

Honorable Mention: Home Games, injuries

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You had me all the way to the second name. Richard Rodgers, Packer TE? That Richard Rodgers as a stud?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers? He is the one offensive player I think we definitely need to upgrade. He can be a second TE but next year he is most definitely the weak link. Nelson, Cobb, Abby, Adams, Janis, Montgomery, Lacy, Etc. Put a TE who can stretch the field with that group and this offense jumps right back to the top.

I agree on Rollins and Randall. So impressed with those guys. I was also really impressed by Ha Ha down the stretch.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't put A. Rodgers in the dud category. He didn't play up to our (and I'm sure his) expectations, but I can't even imagine how bad we would have been without him.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't put A. Rodgers in the dud category. He didn't play up to our (and I'm sure his) expectations, but I can't even imagine how bad we would have been without him.

Other than losing at Detroit, what else would have happened to the season without him?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs
Starks, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Jeff Janis ( On kick returns) Mason Crosby ( Dispite that one critical miss to which he should not of been in that position to begin with) The Defense (When not in clutch situations) and Abby

Duds

Aaron Rodgers this off season he needs to re focus. Eddie Lacy he needs to stop going to the Taco Bell, Adams, Tim Mastay

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud
Whoever decided that Janis didn't deserve more playing time.

What a stud last night. He was fast, stretched the field, made some great catches, everything we've been missing this year. The Cardinals even switched over to zone because of his speed. That's what we needed all year. Yeah, he ran a couple of poor routes but if he had more playing time maybe he could have been more refined. I can only wonder what you have happened if we actually played him this year...

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Randall, Rollins, Matthews, Daniels (kudos for signing him!), Crosby.

Close but not quite studs: Perry, O'Neal -- I thought they both finally played up to what was expected of them and they didn't spend half the season on the injury list.
Tretter: a better back-up than Barclay. Played well at C too.
Starks.
Clinton-Dix. Had some bad games, but had some very good ones too.
Sitton: not one of his better seasons.
Cobb.
Peppers.

Neither Studs nor Duds: Rodgers, RRodgers, JJones (he did his best but was shut down too often), Datone Jones, BJ Raji, C. Linsley, Bulaga, Shields.

Duds: Masthay (get a new punter please), D Adams, Barclay, Nate Palmer, Quarless (returned from injury, was a non-entity)

Close but not quite Duds: Hayward, Lacy (expected way more from him), Burnett,

The jury is still out but the future may be bright: Janis, Abbredaris, Ryan, Montgomery

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
We do need to upgrade the TE position, but someone the compliment RR. He had 510 yards and 8 touchdowns. That is way more than anyone would expect he would have this season. Made some big plays. Generally our only reliable option for 3rd down.

Members online

Latest posts