Studs Duds Carolina Edition

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notice how teams are taking out the Packers best players with dirty hits. Until the Packers retaliate, that trend will get worse. Where is Charles Martin when you need him?

It does seem to happen to the Packers a lot. Can you give examples of this happening repeatedly to other teams besides Packers?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I wrote that we'd be fine with a healthy Kevin King and Damarious Randall... I meant with a new DC as well. Short of having All Pros at every position I dont think there is a way to make the current iteration of Dom Capers defense work, too much crap going on schematically for players to execute it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers didn’t play that great today but the guy has carried 6 win talent to 11 sometimes 12 wins year after year. Throw in the fact that MM is a lame duck HC with a lame duck DC ...both carried by Aaron Rodgers. I’m glad the playoff talks are over because let’s be real, they would’ve gotten blasted by Philly, Saints, or Rams in the playoffs anyways. Definitely wasn’t going to the SB no way. There’s a part of me that would love to see Rodgers go somewhere else to get his rings because he ain’t getting them with this staff or GM. They will use the injury excuse again and we will be stuck with the same idiots next season.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I wrote that we'd be fine with a healthy Kevin King and Damarious Randall... I meant with a new DC as well. Short of having All Pros at every position I dont think there is a way to make the current iteration of Dom Capers defense work, too much crap going on schematically for players to execute it.
We may already have all pros at every position on defense. Recall the Packers were a perennial loser but had 15 HOF or Probowl players on the roster. You have never known we had all that talent, but we hired Lombardi and the talent developed.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may already have all pros at every position on defense. Recall the Packers were a perennial loser but had 15 HOF or Probowl players on the roster. You have never known we had all that talent, but we hired Lombardi and the talent developed.

Tell that to the *** clown McCarthy for hanging on to that toupee wearing lover of his. Who no matter how bad this defense has looked. He seems to want to hang on to him. After 7 seasons of sucking. Most of the roster changed and the same coordinator and the defense continues to blow. Maybe it's the coordinator.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Only one real way to find out.....Fire Capers and pretty much the rest of the defensive staff.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010, at the Packers/Vikings game, the Viking fans were so frustrated with coach Childress, they chanted "Fire Childress." The next day he was gone.

Maybe next Saturday's game the Packer fans should get the same chant going against Capers.

Anyway, our season is done. Hmm, who to root for...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a lot of "Duds" and other harsh words thrown at Rodgers.
I think he is getting it because those fans that rated him expected more and were sick of Brett losing it and are frustrated.
But I don't think Rodgers deserves that frustration.
I was happy to just see him out there again and making plays when he did.

Reaction score
This is the problem with you guys. Just because Rodgers is Rodgers you give him a pass. Yes one of the greatest but a great start comes to play. 3 interceptions is inexcusable. If he's hundleys in how would the tune be? You guys are ridiculous.
But everyone said Rodgers wasn't himself tonight. There exists the possibility then that Rodgers isn't Rodgers and that case he would back to deserving a pass after all :whistling:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010, at the Packers/Vikings game, the Viking fans were so frustrated with coach Childress, they chanted "Fire Childress." The next day he was gone.

Maybe next Saturday's game the Packer fans should get the same chant going against Capers.

Anyway, our season is done. Hmm, who to root for...
This is pretty much the only place I hang out Packers related.
At least with other fans.
Would there really that much ire among Packers fans at Lambeau or is it pretty much just restricted to here?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is pretty much the only place I hang out Packers related.
At least with other fans.
Would there really that much ire among Packers fans at Lambeau or is it pretty much just restricted to here?
This is the Internet where everybody thinks that saying whatever comes to kind is acceptable lol. Win or lose ... I've never had a truly bad experience at Lambeau... although winning is always better lol.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Teams are making deliberate dirty hits on the Packers. Once Bear's Trevathon was merely slapped on the wrist for his vicious hit on Adams in week 4, it sure looks like there will be few repercusions for those dirty hits. The Packers have to protect their players. If the league won't do it, then they have to retaliate like a hockey game. While I would rather have the league penalize dirty shots to the head at a level that will stop the targeting, failure to do so leaves the Packers with no choice than to take similar shots. If not, the trend will continue and the Packers best players will take dirty shots until they are hurt.

Oh please, I get that you and the rest of us are bitterly disappointed with the way our season has gone but to imply our bad luck is different to others and to say teams are deliberately targeting OUR players is just plain silly. It`s the nature of the game in general. I totally agree that the league needs to address the situation but it sounds like we, and I say we, not you are just whining !!
It`s ****, but life is a *****. The organisation needs to address the problems.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: DC, the defense especially in the 2nd half (nothing new under the sun)

Studs: Jones, Adams, Cobb, Evans-25, R.Rodgers, A.Rodgers. Yes, A.Rodgers. INTs aside, he was about the only person giving us a chance to win. Almost 300 yds., 3 TDs, and 4 yards short of being the leading rusher.

Major dud: MM. We ran the ball only 13 times, while a likely rusty and just-back-from-a-not-completely-healed-injury Rodgers threw the ball 45 times. Just like before the injury, scrambling and at risk virtually the entire game. Apparently MM hasn't realized yet that we have a fairly solid running game and that he doesn't have to put the whole game on Rodgers' shoulders. Back to being one-dimensional on offense again.

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, Arod obviously didnt have his best game but people need to chill out. The guy was coming back (early) from a notable injury, playing on the road vs a top defense and a possible SB contender. If they didnt overturn the Byrd call, Arod wouldnt have been chasing the game all 2nd half and some of these throws are not made. Sure, overall he didnt have a strong game yet to give him a dud when on other drives he kept us very much alive and in a position to still win the game is something I am not willing to do.

Nobody would have thought this time of year we would have still been in it, yet here we were. And fans immediately assumed that we would win out our final games vs 3 top teams, from whom 2 you could call possible SB contenders (I myself have been guilty of this too). Reflecting now I'd say that overall we had a solid season, and considering that most of the matches we had BH under the helm I'd say that speaks to the credit of MM.

On the other hand, there is absolutely no question that change is needed in Green Bay. Surely our defense can do better then they have been doing the past 7 years. If mr Capers stays next season, then the pitchforks will have to come out. Till then, Imma say Good season boys, its been a wild ride and hopefully we FINALLY get a revamped defense next year.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers a dud? **** off. We all know he shouldn't have been playing, yet he did to try and get his team a win. And he was in position to do just that if not for a WR fumble.

He tried too hard. His quote this week about how he "wasn't coming back to save the Packers' season" was BS. He played like he was by forcing those horrific throws.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, McCarthy out-coached himself. "Jones is lighting it up? Better change everything because I think the Panthers think I'll keep running him".

LOL, those are the only adjustments MM makes. Stop doing what works.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs:
Vogel- great punts
Cobb- missed an easy one early then made up for it on that TD play
Kenny Clark
Rodgers 4th quarter
Aaron Jones

Duds:
Rodgers 1st-3rd quarter
Capers
Thomas Davis- I think if Adams didn’t get hurt we win that game
Defense lack of ability to pressure cam- you pressure him, he panics and gives you the football, every time! Hit him! WTF!
Allison- you have one job, catch the football!!!!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly! I say it all the dang time! Give McCarthy time and he will outcoach himself because he’s guaranteed to stop doing what’s working. This guy is a joke to me always has been.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones : started the game out hot so was then promptly removed from the game plan

Randal - watched a few plays. He played very well.

Duds
Rodgers. 2 bad passes picked that if were thrown a bit farther would have been TDs. Missed a couple other throws.

Capers. He actually made some adjustments to limit Mccaffrey. Bravo there. But defense still look out of sorts and breaks down occasionally. Bad day for encroaching.

MM: See AJ above.

"Why does the team continually go away from the run game when they were get big gains from Jones? Is it Rodgers changing the plays or just play-calling to pass?

The two big runs Jones broke off in the first half were on checks at the line. Rodgers said after the game the fronts the Panthers adjusted to in the second half dictated pass on the run-pass option calls."

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...3eb-2ed4-4e9f-9ec1-d55698ada34a#ixzz51cw35pb1

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's a reason they ran less with Jones later.

"Why does the team continually go away from the run game when they were get big gains from Jones? Is it Rodgers changing the plays or just play-calling to pass?

The two big runs Jones broke off in the first half were on checks at the line. Rodgers said after the game the fronts the Panthers adjusted to in the second half dictated pass on the run-pass option calls."

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...3eb-2ed4-4e9f-9ec1-d55698ada34a#ixzz51cw35pb1

Also, the run/pass balance is typically skewed towards pass because of all the times Rodgers throws it short on called run plays.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly! I say it all the dang time! Give McCarthy time and he will outcoach himself because he’s guaranteed to stop doing what’s working. This guy is a joke to me always has been.

Does turning the offense around late the past two weeks not count as making good adjustments?

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Aaron Jones...last 3 games a total of 8 carries for 67 yards...Workhorse! HHCD uniform stayed clean for next game. HHCD only starter not injured this year.
Dud HHCD not showing up in way 58 inch wide screen all day.

Members online

Latest posts