Studs and Duds Thursday Night vs the 49ers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say the biggest blow out in super bowl history...
Define blowout. Does this qualify: Green Bay 35, Kansas City 10? or this Los Angeles Raiders 38, Washington 9?
Or do you mean
Chicago 46-New England 10
Dallas 52-Buffalo 17
San Francisco 55-Denver 10
Seattle 43-Denver 8?

There have been quite a few lopsided scores in SB history. 3 of the last 5 had double digit margins.
Quick glance through the final score list appears that over 1/4 had more than 2 score margins.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers and the offense doesn’t put up monster numbers like 30+ pts, I have no confidence in this under talented “D” holding any lead..

I feel the same way. I'd feel a lot better if we see some simple fire and aggressiveness. I watch the Ravens and Bears, for example, and their guys are flying all over the field trying to get to the ball.

GB's D might have better stats than those two and some others, I didn't look it up, but in no way does the the GB D look like it goes well with the phrase "deep playoff run", and it seems to me that the easiest quick fix is some fury and meanness. Dancing is a contact sport; football is a hitting sport.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this season is going, I'd bet most winning teams are scoring 30 + points per game. Lots of teams are scoring lots of points. Unless the suck completely even then they're scoring points most games.

I will say it seems teams are either 2 losses or less or have like 2 wins it seems. Maybe it's just the ones I see, but it sure seems like teams are either winning or losing most games. not much middle ground.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I will say it seems teams are either 2 losses or less or have like 2 wins it seems. Maybe it's just the ones I see, but it sure seems like teams are either winning or losing most games. not much middle ground.

Last time I looked there are an equal number of wins as there are loses. ;) :whistling: :roflmao:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The way this season is going, I'd bet most winning teams are scoring 30 + points per game. Lots of teams are scoring lots of points. Unless the suck completely even then they're scoring points most games.

There are five teams right now scoring 30 or more points per game, and yes they're all teams with winning records.

Seattle, 34.3 ppg, 6-1
Kansas City, 31.6, 7-1
Green Bay, 31.6, 6-2
Tampa Bay, 30.9, 6-2
Pittsburgh, 30.1, 7-0

The remaining teams with winning records are:

Buffalo at 6-2 (24.8)
Tennessee at 5-2 (29.7)
New Orleans at 5-2 (29.4)
Baltimore at 5-2 (29.0)
Arizona at 5-2 (29.0)
Indianapolis at 5-2 (28.3)
Cleveland at 5-3 (25.8)
Los Angeles (Rams) at 5-3 (24.1)
Chicago at 5-3 (20.1)

The only bottom half teams in scoring that have winning records are the Bills, Rams, and Bears. The only team in the bottom ten is the Bears.
Miami at 4-3 (26.9)
Las Vegas at 4-3 (26.7)

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not doing the Studs/Duds thing this week as the opponent was a mash unit. This team clearly needs 2 dlineman that can create pressure w Clark. There will be viable opponents coming up soon.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define blowout. Does this qualify: Green Bay 35, Kansas City 10? or this Los Angeles Raiders 38, Washington 9?
Or do you mean
Chicago 46-New England 10
Dallas 52-Buffalo 17
San Francisco 55-Denver 10
Seattle 43-Denver 8?

There have been quite a few lopsided scores in SB history. 3 of the last 5 had double digit margins.
Quick glance through the final score list appears that over 1/4 had more than 2 score margins.
56-10

D

Deleted member 6794

I watch the Ravens and Bears, for example, and their guys are flying all over the field trying to get to the ball.

GB's D might have better stats than those two and some others, I didn't look it up, but in no way does the the GB D look like it goes well with the phrase "deep playoff run", and it seems to me that the easiest quick fix is some fury and meanness.

The Packers defense has actually given up less yards per gane than the Bears. That should work as evidence it's a terrible metric to look at.

The way this season is going, I'd bet most winning teams are scoring 30 + points per game.

You're right about that as 71 out of 119 (59.7%) winning teams have scored at least 30 points this season.

That number is up from 45.5% last year.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, funny you even bring up that possibility, and with competitive teams like Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Indy and even TEN out there, KC has plenty of work to do themselves to get back there.

In case you haven't noticed, I along with others have been calling out Pettine and wouldn't trust him as far as I can kick a FG. I worry that making and winning one playoff game, or just making the playoffs alone will end up keeping him here as it did for Dom Capers all those years. But at the same time, I don't think anyone really has us in the SB period after this year's draft failed to fill in a lot of holes.
Yeah I agree the defense hasn’t been good since we last won the super bowl and it was iffy then we had a good secondary tho when Williams shields collins Woodson.. raji plugging the middle lol i still complain that we have had the longest stability at QB with favre and Rodgers and combined have just as many super bowls as Eli Manning... ugh absolutely disgust me.. and off the draft that draft was def towards a rebuild in lafleurs offense a bunch of lineman another bum at tightend another rb.. gutekunst and lafleur wanna win with the team they drafted and there own QB it’s so obvious Rodgers is gone after playing next year with us that’s it

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense has actually given up less yards per gane than the Bears. That should work as evidence it's a terrible metric to look at.

You're right about that as 71 out of 119 (59.7%) winning teams have scored at least 30 points this season.

That number is up from 45.5% last year.
We are setting ourselves up for a first round exit in the playoffs aren’t we?...

D

Deleted member 6794

gutekunst and lafleur wanna win with the team they drafted and there own QB it’s so obvious Rodgers is gone after playing next year with us that’s it

With Love not even being active at this point I highly doubt the Packers have already decided on when to move on from Rodgers.

We are setting ourselves up for a first round exit in the playoffs aren’t we?...

I'm more optimistic than that but don't consider the team to be a legit Super Bowö contender.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I agree the defense hasn’t been good since we last won the super bowl and it was iffy then we had a good secondary tho when Williams shields collins Woodson.. raji plugging the middle lol i still complain that we have had the longest stability at QB with favre and Rodgers and combined have just as many super bowls as Eli Manning... ugh absolutely disgust me.. and off the draft that draft was def towards a rebuild in lafleurs offense a bunch of lineman another bum at tightend another rb.. gutekunst and lafleur wanna win with the team they drafted and there own QB it’s so obvious Rodgers is gone after playing next year with us that’s it

It would be a mistake for the Packers to get rid of Rodgers after the 2021 season. I think mlf and gute would like to win a sb with whoever they can and I don't think jordan love will provide a better opportunity to do so until at least the 2023 season. That would still allow you to trade Rodgers with one year left on his deal and not a ton of dead money...

But there's a big if here, and that's if Jordan Love develops into a guy who's making so many generational player plays in practice that a few extra years at the end of a foh qbs career are worth less than 10 years of jordan love

Another thing to factor in here is, if the Packers wanna win a superbowl in 2021 with Rodgers. They'll likely need to restructure Rodgers contract and take advantage of the 16 million they can gain against the 2021 cap by doing so to allow them to retain their own elite players

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if there is one thing to take away from this Thursday, it's that we may be a full two games up on Chicago and possibly one up on TB

I definitely think the Bears will lose in Nashville today. Titans may only win by a narrow margin as they been akin to doing, but their team overall is better than Chicago's.

Now the Saints got their work cut out for them as Thomas still is questionable to return. But then again, those Bucs were bad only beating the awful NYG by two.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

First round?? Of the playoffs?

Have you even watched this team? They've fallen backwards into 6 wins, yes. But they're clearly setting up for a 6-10 finish. Clearly won't even make the playoffs. I can't believe your homeristic optimism.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Easy to look like a stud in this game.

Duds overall that need to go:
Dean Lowery
Tyler Lancaster
Montravious Adam

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy to look like a stud in this game.

Duds overall that need to go:
Dean Lowery
Tyler Lancaster
Montravious Adam
I thought Lowry and Adams are at least putting more effort in. But have not shown yet that they can slow down the run.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It would appear that Keke is going to be counted on as a starter and that Lowry’s snap count is going to decline..... until he gets injured. :rolleyes:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
True, but it's not realistic to expect those guys would be any better or even on a level with the ones released.

I'm talking about next year. In the off season the Packers need to overhaul their defensive line. I think that is pretty clear.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts