Studs and duds KC

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers placed Rodgers on the COVID-19 list on Wednesday last week, meaning Love received all practice snaps with the first team offense to prepare for KC.

He had one full day and a walkthrough. Saturday was a travel day. Look, there are some who have attributed Rodgers' awful game against the Saints to him having limited training camp with the first team and being "rusty." Some of those same people refuse to give Love equal consideration, even though he played better on less prep.

For the record Love had six interceptions in his junior season.
I stand corrected. Thank you.

D

Deleted member 6794

But like Crow said - practice isn't going to prepare a young QB for the speed of these games. Only being thrown to the wolves a few times will guys like Love be ready for it.

True, that doesn't change the fact that he had three full practices to prepare for the Chiefs game.

There is no doubt a lot to work on, as was expected, but folks he nearly won his first game, on the road against a good team with three days notice...

The Packers' defense was the only reason they had a chance to win the game at the end.

He had one full day and a walkthrough. Saturday was a travel day.

The team practiced on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before travelling to Kansas City.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO. Yeah once the defense gave up that 1st touchdown I felt they were going to need some help from the offense to have a chance to win the game.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever golfed or played baseball....or I guess...kicked FG's?

Just like a lot of sports, you have routines, ways of doing things and probably some superstitions. So yes, a lot of it might be in our heads, blue tees make the ball travel further, "Titleist" facing up, so I can read it, etc. Basically, you find ways of doing things that work for you, even though there are a 1000 other ways to go about it. Just speaking for Mason Crosby and even the holder, they may expect something that is done by the others to be done in a specific way, if not, it messes with them.

I would have to watch it closer, but that second FG that was blocked, it was a high snap, so it may have thrown Bozo's timing off AND the front lines did not hold up at all, guys were pouring in.

I used to kick FG's in a park near by, just for S&G's. It isn't as easy as it looks, even with no rush and on a tee.
Golf and darts mostly nowadays, both require timing. closest I have come would be kicking a rugby ball at school, bigger but no laces.
But it didn't answer my question, does kicking laces physically make a difference compared to flat leather?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Golf and darts mostly nowadays, both require timing. closest I have come would be kicking a rugby ball at school, bigger but no laces.
But it didn't answer my question, does kicking laces physically make a difference compared to flat leather?
Well if the kicker hits the laces with his foot, probably throws it off. Aerodynamically, it might change things. Most importantly, when he looks down and sees that they aren't where he wants them and where they are suppose to be, it might throw him off.

Members online

Latest posts