Studs and Duds - Buccanears edition

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going from no running game to have multiple good backs is a good thing now let’s see when Rodgers comes back how our offense will look Williams and jones are good

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
coaching. The Packers really have an overrated staff. When I say MM isn’t that great of a play caller and Capers isn’t any good.
You see this crap every week. They both are terrible at making adjustments and MM seems
Like he has no clue how to call a game of Rodgers isn’t in there to Adlib and audible
Smh. Good grief. Then he wonders why his coaching staff hardly ever gets any shot to become head coaches elsewhere.
Oh come on. What about McAdoo?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh come on. What about McAdoo?

The guy that has 2 wins and benched Eli Manning for Geno Smith??????? GENO SMITH wrap your head around that..... The Geno Smith that was not good enough for the Jets.....

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs...Lowry, Williams, D Line...I would have put in Ryan and Martinez but TB had too many runs up the gut and inside linebackers should figure some of those out.
duds...Defensive coaching staff

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting back on topic, how am I still the only one that listed Trevor Davis as a dud? The guy seriously needs to be replaced as the punt returner. That touchdown return in the preseason seems like years ago.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting back on topic, how am I still the only one that listed Trevor Davis as a dud? The guy seriously needs to be replaced as the punt returner. That touchdown return in the preseason seems like years ago.
He had a 60 yard return called back by an unnecessary penalty. He screwed the pooch fair catching that one on the 7. That is Punt Return 101, first day. Know where you are and don't go within the 10.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb failed to record any stat of any sort of significance that I can find for the entire game today, hard to figure out how he gets paid like a #1 wr, disappears for entire games at a time but still some seem to love him. I know, I know blame it on hundley, but he has pulled the same disappearing act when 12 has been under center as well.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a 60 yard return called back by an unnecessary penalty. He screwed the pooch fair catching that one on the 7. That is Punt Return 101, first day. Know where you are and don't go within the 10.
Problem is ... that isn't the first time he has done that.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flags flying, holding, holding,holding........

Studs: Williams, Mathews, and Jones.

Hundley did have some problems throughout most of the game, BUT he did make some good runs later and got the overtime drive for the win.

BTW, how well did Aaron Rodgers do in his first year?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flags flying, holding, holding,holding........

Studs: Williams, Mathews, and Jones.

Hundley did have some problems throughout most of the game, BUT he did make some good runs later and got the overtime drive for the win.

BTW, how well did Aaron Rodgers do in his first year?
Pretty darn good actually. Even back then the defense couldn't hold a 4th quarter lead to save their lives.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud our defense... put 7 points up and kept the close despite the left on field a very long time.

Right. I'm in utter amazement how many people are complaining about how the D played. They were the only reason we were in the game with the way the offence played

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not a fan of the defense. They were on the field a long time, but they also can't stop anybody. It was Tampa miscues, turnover or scores that's what it was. They can make plays. They have guys. I was skeptical of Matthews coming back after injury and he looked good. Randall has been good, martinez, Clark, Lowery was pushing the line even without that score he had a good game.

There are pieces but there are always lapses. I think at one point it was 3rd and 9 converted, 3rd and 6 converted, 3rd and 8 converted. I'm mean come on! ****ing make one more play!

Get a sack don't make another play, give up a 15 yard play instead. Turnover or score. I know we forced a couple punts, but just one more play and we'd force a lot more

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
coaching. The Packers really have an overrated staff. When I say MM isn’t that great of a play caller and Capers isn’t any good.
You see this crap every week. They both are terrible at making adjustments and MM seems
Like he has no clue how to call a game of Rodgers isn’t in there to Adlib and audible
Smh. Good grief. Then he wonders why his coaching staff hardly ever gets any shot to become head coaches elsewhere.

What adjustments should have been made?

What play calls were bad and what should have been called instead?

H

HardRightEdge

First, there was Blanchard and Davis, "Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside". Then there was Taylor and Hornung. Now, Willams and Jones. :whistling:

One of these guys needs to change their last name to get a better ring to it.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How in the hell are y'all gonna be mad at Capers when the defense allowed a net of 14 points and TB ran twice as many plays as we did?

Did we make mistakes? Yup! Did we play good on defense overall? Yup!

Studs: House, Randall, Clark, Matthews, Daniels, Lowry, Martinez, Perry, Hundley when he runs, Williams, the OL

DUDS: Hundley when he passes, HaHa

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In defense of McCarthy, Hundley is awful. What do you call?

They set up the read option well. We have open receivers, Hundley just sucks.

I'm critique of McCarthy, you gotta know that Hundley sucks.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BH showed his true colors today, 84 yards, no td's, just over 50% completion percentage and pick? Definitely a dud.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How in the hell are y'all gonna be mad at Capers when the defense allowed a net of 14 points and TB ran twice as many plays as we did?

Did we make mistakes? Yup! Did we play good on defense overall? Yup!

Studs: House, Randall, Clark, Matthews, Daniels, Lowry, Martinez, Perry, Hundley when he runs, Williams, the OL

DUDS: Hundley when he passes, HaHa

It's very rare for someone to actually point out what Capers should have done differently.

Overall, the defense did have a decent day. Not great, but 13 net points and got the stop it needed near the end of regulation.

The third quarter wasn't good, but a big part of it was 3 consecutive 3 and outs by our offense.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts