1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Some of you will not like this.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

yeah i have to agree that a rumor of this magnitude does deserve to be addressed by all parties.

this blows.

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    RP - I disagree with you on this one, my friend. I think his legacy will be fine.

He's a prima donna, no doubt about that. But so is Jerry Rice. So was Michael Jordan. Doesn't change the fact that Brett Favre is in my not so humble opinion the greatest QB since '76 (when I started watching football).

3. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he is bigger than the packers. jordan was bigger than the bulls. its the way it is

roger clemens used to decide a few months into the season whether or not he felt like playing. everyone welcomed him with open arms even though it might have stunted the growth of a young arm. it didnt matter because he was "one of the best of all time" and a "legend". All this has changed since the steroid allegations but i think you get the point.

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

no he isnt. not to me. not to Ted Thompson and not to any self respecting Packers fan.

5. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre foot too big too strong to break.

6. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

i love the picture.

7. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im not very smart so you're going to have to explain this to me. How does Favre returning for a single season throw all of the work out the window? How does it put us in the 70's again once Favre quits after this season? will Greg Jennings & company be too old to catch passes? Will our offensive line be past its prime? Will Aaron Rodgers be past his prime as well next season? Will Ryan Grant be done as well? Will our defense be too old? Will Harris and Woodson be ready to call it quits next season? Will McCarthy forget how to coach if Favre comes back? Will TT forget how to draft replacements? Will he stop bringing in big name free agents every year like he normally does because of favre?

Cuz let me tell you something smart guy. If all of that stuff happens, it doesnt matter who is our quarterback next season, we wont win. Please stop with the dramatics and get back into reality. Favre's legacy will be fine, Rodgers will be fine, the team will be fine and all of us will be fine.

Get a grip

8. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I played basketball for weeks on a broken foot and a dislocated patella in my knee. Suit me up McCarthy

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with De Real here.
    Let's just say Favre comes back for one more year and Aaron gets pissed, but stays with the Packers.

We still have the #6 D in the NFL. We still have Ryan Grant, Gregorious, Driver, Donald Lee, and MM as our Coach. We still have TT drafting rookies, which he has proven to be very, very good at. Heck, another year with TT's drafts and we're only going to get better.

How would Favre be hurting the team? The only way he'd be hurting the team in reality is if he stunk in '08, and if so, bench him and start Aaron.

10. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol: That was funny, De Real Deal.

Packnic, Favre played with that broken thumb all season. He also had other injuries, yet he had perfect game playing attendance. He got a concussion once, went to the sidelines, puked and was back in the game.

11. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That's the point comparing Rodgers toughness to Favre's is utterly stupid. Keep digging man.

12. PackerFreak

PackerFreak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats crap. He could shoot someone and still keep his legacy in tact. He helped make the NFL what it is today.