• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basisclly came in here to say Eli Manning, OH CRAP WRONG!

LOL

I Meant to say Tom Brady he has a number of rings and was nearly undeafted.

On that note Young and Montana deserve something.

Also that Bob Griese fella who went undefeated with the Dolphins in 1972.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marino Better than Favre or not?
Ahealthy in his prime Marino with that cannon arm is a tough call but a leg brace wearing still a cannon throwin Arm Marino No. I would say Peyton Manning is the best QB I have ever seen to tell you the truth but you can't discard Bradshaw, Aikmen,Brady, Elway or Marino even though Marino accomplished little compared(team wise) to the rest. Brett Favre has earned his way into that group and that is saying alot.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
I have to agree that Peyton Manning will probably be the best all time QB when all is said and done. Granted I don't know much about the older QB's, but but Manning has everything going for him. Almost never injured, stat master, already has a ring, family history...he's an icon.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree that Peyton Manning will probably be the best all time QB when all is said and done. Granted I don't know much about the older QB's, but but Manning has everything going for him. Almost never injured, stat master, already has a ring, family history...he's an icon.

Peyton is certainly solid, but I think he'd even admit he is no Brett Favre, for reasons we've covered numerous times.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton is certainly solid, but I think he'd even admit he is no Brett Favre, for reasons we've covered numerous times.
Why do you say that? I doubt being the next Brett Favre is his goal. He is the best in NFL today and has been for 6-7 years IMO. Then I would have to with Tom Brady. Brett Favre is a first ballot HOF as will Peyton so your bias towards Favre is overwhelming. Peyton Manning has his own Legacy working just fine for him.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you say that? I doubt being the next Brett Favre is his goal. He is the best in NFL today and has been for 6-7 years IMO. Then I would have to with Tom Brady. Brett Favre is a first ballot HOF as will Peyton so your bias towards Favre is overwhelming. Peyton Manning has his own Legacy working just fine for him.
IMHO Tom Brady is better than Manning. When he had the weapons to match Manning's stats, he surpassed him. He's also more clutch, had to overcome a lot more, as has the better wife ;)

In all seriousness, I'd rather take Brady as my QB than Manning. Of course, the difference is barely palpable...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your wron we all know the best was TJ Rubly

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO Tom Brady is better than Manning. When he had the weapons to match Manning's stats, he surpassed him. He's also more clutch, had to overcome a lot more, as has the better wife ;)

In all seriousness, I'd rather take Brady as my QB than Manning. Of course, the difference is barely palpable...
Fair enough can't argue with your logic. Either way your in good shape

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First, his feet are WAY TOO HAPPY. Even if that's not a negative, he looks like a freak out there, so that's gotta be worth negative points - LOL.

Peyton's good, but he's never had a poor O-line with the exception if maybe his first season or two. He's also benefited from an unbelievable offensive scheme, although he pretty much runs the show now.

If you watch both Favre and Manning under intense pressure (like Manning used to get years back in all those losses to New England), you'll discover what I'm talking about.

I think this is what I keep saying, but not loud enough. The Brady's and Mannings - they're good, but they're not Favre good. They can't duplicate their efforts on any, random NFL team. Favre dominates in Green Bay, New York (until injury, he was leading the league in passer rating) and now Minnesota. The problem is, we'll probably never get to see Manning in another city or Brady for that matter. Favre's just a special kinda cat.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

More than anything I would say Brady doesn't compare to either Manning nor Favre ..., despite Bradys impressive resume ...

Even without an injured Brady, New England still managed a 11-5 record, and became the first team ever with 11 wins *Not* to make the play offs ...

Without Belichick ... I seriously doubt New England would be any where near 5 Super Bowl appearances, let alone winning 5 ... If there is such a thing as "Best All time Coach", Belichick would be the front runner without any competition by far ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, his feet are WAY TOO HAPPY. Even if that's not a negative, he looks like a freak out there, so that's gotta be worth negative points - LOL.

Peyton's good, but he's never had a poor O-line with the exception if maybe his first season or two. He's also benefited from an unbelievable offensive scheme, although he pretty much runs the show now.

If you watch both Favre and Manning under intense pressure (like Manning used to get years back in all those losses to New England), you'll discover what I'm talking about.

I think this is what I keep saying, but not loud enough. The Brady's and Mannings - they're good, but they're not Favre good. They can't duplicate their efforts on any, random NFL team. Favre dominates in Green Bay, New York (until injury, he was leading the league in passer rating) and now Minnesota. The problem is, we'll probably never get to see Manning in another city or Brady for that matter. Favre's just a special kinda cat.
You can only judge what you have so your what if's and what not's do not belong in this conversation. Peyton Manning is the smartest and well prepared QB in the NFL week in and week out as shown in his numbers.

sask_cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has screwed the pooch too many times to be the best.

Dan is the man. Never had a good enough defense as a team to get a ring, though.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Favre has screwed the pooch too many times to be the best.

Dan is the man. Never had a good enough defense as a team to get a ring, though.

- And the Packers did ? ... If you are going to be arguing for Dan Marino being the best, because Marino didn't have a good enough defense (as a team) ... - Then by that same logic, you *should* be arguing that Favre *is* better than Marino ...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This argument will never end because it is impossible to really break it down for each QB. Montana had Rice, Brady had Moss, Manning had Harrison now Reggie Wayne, and Brett Favre had Robert Brooks, Antonion Freeman, Javon Walker, and Driver.

I agree Manning is an all-time QB but that leg action I find kind of funny.

Members online

Latest posts